Armor Adjustment Fun

Rennuir

May 28, 2020
Alright so i do like most of the new armor sets in the game even though some of them need some small adjustments imo

So for fun i edited one of em to wat id like visually
? Before image and marked areas i will change

and this is after i made the changes ?
I personally dont like the rings as it also shows up in first person
I like seeing symmetry so i changed the arms to match
and i added a "shirt" so its not so bare and so hes not shirtless with other chestplates

and for lols i put him in mercenary plate torso and made the same changes
the shirt i think is really needed to help blend with other torsos since it just looks odd with bare underarms

anyways its just my opinion and let me know wat u guys think

Ps. the paperdolls lighting changes based on the time of day as well so it was kinda annoying and i had to wait for daytime
pss. idk how spoilers work they show up weird in previews

Reactions: Neftan and Teknique

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
The point of having two different sized arm guards is to maximize the armor that's most exposed when using a two handed weapon (right hand) and maximize the agility of the arm that's least exposed (left hand) assuming a right handed user. And a shirt? really? The whole point of leaving the arms more exposed like that is to reduce how hot it gets working in armor. Have you ever worn those fencing jackets?
1592377742616.png
Shit gets so hot in there and it's just cloth and maybe some nylon. Imagine this except worse because it's plate armor, then adding a shirt. I abhor your additions to Henrik's already perfect masterpiece of an armor set. Shame on you for thinking you can do better.

Reactions: Rhias

Rennuir

May 28, 2020
hahah i figured u would say something like that but thats ok thanks for taking the bait

i guess a tunic would be the right word? since that is what they actually used in roman times https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f8/bd/e9/f8bde982198ebfc3c255bd281574ec30.jpg
the ingame character is already wearing one actually if u look closely he just has no sleeves

ur arm arguement would work better if u said a shield user like the romans besides symmetry!

and the manica (arm armor) seemed like it was optional too they had either nothing, 1 arm or both arms

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
hahah i figured u would say something like that but thats ok thanks for taking the bait

i guess a tunic would be the right word? since that is what they actually used in roman times https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f8/bd/e9/f8bde982198ebfc3c255bd281574ec30.jpg
the ingame character is already wearing one actually if u look closely he just has no sleeves

ur arm arguement would work better if u said a shield user like the romans besides symmetry!

and the manica (arm armor) seemed like it was optional too they had either nothing, 1 arm or both arms
Romans? This is Myrland, not Italy. And yes an arming shirt/tunic is used under armor so you don't scrape the crap out of your skin true. But that's different from a shirt with longer than necessary sleeves. And if you watched hardcore movies like Spartacus you'll see them wear more armor on one arm than the other for maximum min-maxing potential.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
I like the idea, although I havent played yet and depending on the type of armor will have different placement for each piece. That gear looks to use a shield on the left arm. Cutting the sleeve short for breathability, one shorter for arm armor piece for shield maneuverability, all else is uniform.
This is similar to Roman armor when they use a shield. Not everyone used shields, but if you got their free armor for fighting for them. Then you choose to exchange armor peices to fit your fighting style.
So if I'm to guess, that races background has its effect on the armor itself. As anyone knew, if you bowed to Rome and fought for them. Years to come if you survive, you kept all the gear on your back and all else given to you by command. In the world of MO, sounds like a nation's standard armor set and nothing super special.

Though I really like the idea! Great post.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Say what?
The point of having two different sized arm guards is to maximize the armor that's most exposed when using a two handed weapon (right hand) and maximize the agility of the arm that's least exposed (left hand) assuming a right handed user. And a shirt? really? The whole point of leaving the arms more exposed like that is to reduce how hot it gets working in armor. Have you ever worn those fencing jackets?
View attachment 66
Shit gets so hot in there and it's just cloth and maybe some nylon. Imagine this except worse because it's plate armor, then adding a shirt. I abhor your additions to Henrik's already perfect masterpiece of an armor set. Shame....
Yeah, NO.
HchFM5M.png

Fig. 2 Mediaeval Under-Armour
Gambeson & Chausses

Pictured is a man wearing what was and is worn under plate armour: a gambeson (shirt) and chausses (pants). Whether Henrik's Vision played any part in the armour seen in Mortal Online 2 is unknown to me; whether it's his masterpiece depends on how much better he could do if he tried; if it's 'already perfect' is a matter of personal taste; but very apparently a gambeson is a good idea that worked in some climates.

Since there's only Myrland for now and not Sarducaa, pffft. Go with the undershirt.

Last edited:

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
Say what?Yeah, NO.
HchFM5M.png

Fig. 2 Mediaeval Under-Armour
Gambeson & Chausses

Pictured is a man wearing what was and is worn under plate armour: a gambeson (shirt) and chausses (pants). Whether Henrik's Vision played any part in the armour seen in Mortal Online 2 is unknown to me; whether it's his masterpiece depends on how much better he could do if he tried; if it's 'already perfect' is a matter of personal taste; but very apparently a gambeson is a good idea that worked in some climates.

Since there's only Myrland for now and not Sarducaa, pffft. Go with the undershirt.
Uh you didn't read my second post. Don't worry I also don't like reading. Basically, yes I admit there were under shirts/arming shirts. But for those gladiator-esque one armored arm, one less armored arm vambraces, having a full sleeve shirt kind of makes no sense... since there's not that much armor in the first place.

Smough

Jul 4, 2020
Well you can always mix and match armor types to suit your ideal look. Choose the arms from a set that is symmetrical and swap out for them.

Valoran

May 28, 2020
I am also a big fan of symmetry in armor (and everything else usually) so I too hate the asymmetrical designs of almost everything in the game so far.

The only different change I would make is to duplicate the opposite arm instead as I find the roman manica quite ugly to be frank. I also think it's worth noting that the manica in game is worn incorrectly, as to my knowledge they were usually worn on the top of the arm to provide protection while stabbing, opposed to on the outside as we see here.

Regarding the rings, I agree they should be removed, as we have no jewellery equipped. This seems pretty obvious but just in case it wasn't...