Area denial spells should be targeted on ground

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Necromancy gave us two tactical area denial spells: miasma and cloud of ashes. They are quite good, but their tactical possibilities are limited since you need to still cast them on a player. No player in a place you want to cast that cloud, no cloud. Now AoE spells like auw surge are ok, if you could cast them in a general direction they'd be OP in small scale, you wouldn't even need to aim to cast them and hit an enemy, but i don't think it would be OP with miasma and cloud of ashes. It's really weird that you can't cast area denial spells where you want them.

Doom and Gloom

Mar 12, 2022
Oh didn't know they were like that, I always thought obviously you could cast them anywhere to trap etc. Welp

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
This was a thing since MO1 and they been saying since MO1 "it would be cool if it didn't require targeting someone". Pff targeting magery is poop, shit should be completly proyectile based :S

Henrique did say on a recent stream that maybe un the future they do it but they had no time to do things well.

Doom and Gloom

Mar 12, 2022
This was a thing since MO1 and they been saying since MO1 "it would be cool if it didn't require targeting someone". Pff targeting magery is poop, shit should be completly proyectile based :S

Henrique did say on a recent stream that maybe un the future they do it but they had no time to do things well.

They had no time eh? What was that extra 2 months spent on then..

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
What always bugged me is that in MO1 they finally added Ele which let you cast on the ground. And in this the yare goign to add Ele which will let you cast on the ground. But the copy pasted necro area spells not being castable on the ground from MO1 even tho they know they are going to implement ground casting with ele again.

Is just low effort. Get spells out now vs get the spells out later and have them actually be good content.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Necromancy gave us two tactical area denial spells: miasma and cloud of ashes. They are quite good, but their tactical possibilities are limited since you need to still cast them on a player. No player in a place you want to cast that cloud, no cloud. Now AoE spells like auw surge are ok, if you could cast them in a general direction they'd be OP in small scale, you wouldn't even need to aim to cast them and hit an enemy, but i don't think it would be OP with miasma and cloud of ashes. It's really weird that you can't cast area denial spells where you want them.

That's coming in 2025 with Elementalism. Just wait.

Reactions: Najwalaylah