Are PVP/PVE togglers serious?

rocinante

Feb 11, 2022
they could of just gotten away with removing the full loot and kept the open world pvp always being on and it wouldnt of been to bad.

That would have made the economy in game pointless. You shouldn’t get attached to your gear, pets, etc. and be ready to buy more. Constantly losing and having to replace gear is what will drive the economy.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
The transition of NW was indeed ridiculous, you wont believe it, if it hadn’t happened. From a pvp oriented sandpark to a grindy pve nightmare. And the funny thing is: they still pursue this nightmare.
Unfortunately that decision made them more money than their alpha version.

Meltdown

Jul 20, 2020
I don't get it either, there are more than enough carebear theme-park MMOs out there.

Why do you have to come and play this one and then complain that's it hurts your feelings.

Reactions: Sgr
Jan 28, 2022
New World caved to Carebears ? That's just a 100% retarded statement. They caved to shareholders and company board wanting more money. The downfall was completely broken game engine. If you can become immortal in a PvP oriented game just by dragging your game window it doesn't really work does it.

Jan 28, 2022
No. These are just people trying to troll you. Real carebears are much more cruel and will instead demand for more and more punishment for PvP aka griefing until there's none left.

And here I thought the real carebears were the ones who couldn't handle the consequences to their actions

Reactions: The Khan

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
And here I thought the real carebears were the ones who couldn't handle the consequences to their actions
Like going out of the city walls without weapons and/or friends to back you up, living in a crowded city known for it's toxicity, or buying a full loot open world pvp game when you aren't into that kind of games?

Yeah, you could say so.

Jan 28, 2022
Like going out of the city walls without weapons and/or friends to back you up, living in a crowded city known for it's toxicity, or buying a full loot open world pvp game when you aren't into that kind of games?

Yeah, you could say so.

So if you're aware your actions have consequencs....why have you been such a carebear? :ROFLMAO:

Cyrotek

Feb 1, 2022
Why do you have to come and play this one and then complain that's it hurts your feelings.

I would think because a lot of people crave a more sandboxy kind of MMO but for some weird reason Sandbox MMOs tend to come with extremly niche PvP features (and some other weird design decisions).

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
I would think because a lot of people crave a more sandboxy kind of MMO but for some weird reason Sandbox MMOs tend to come with extremly niche PvP features (and some other weird design decisions).
There's a perfectly good reason for that. It allows people to be bandits, to fight bandits, to build empires, or simply punish someone for calling their mother a whore. Take that away and the game devolves into themepark.

Reactions: Meltdown
D

Deleted member 44

All jokes contain a grain of truth. Some players truly do want this added to the game and with SVs current trajectory, it might one day be a thing.

Cyrotek

Feb 1, 2022
There's a perfectly good reason for that. It allows people to be bandits, to fight bandits, to build empires, or simply punish someone for calling their mother a whore. Take that away and the game devolves into themepark.

The issue is that there is not severe enough punishment for even just going grey or at least it is not exactly easy to punish someone for it if they want to evade it.

You can just randomly kill a dude in the middle of nowhere for no reason without any relevant downsides it seems and I believe this to be a problem.

Ways to make it more interesting would be to give criminals (temporary) speed debuffs and make it possible to mark the location of murderers or something so you even have a chance to have them not go unpunished.

Actions should have consequences, the more severe the action the more severe the consequences should be.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
The issue is that there is not severe enough punishment for even just going grey or at least it is not exactly easy to punish someone for it if they want to evade it.

You can just randomly kill a dude in the middle of nowhere for no reason without any relevant downsides it seems and I believe this to be a problem.

Ways to make it more interesting would be to give criminals (temporary) speed debuffs and make it possible to mark the location of murderers or something so you even have a chance to have them not go unpunished.

Actions should have consequences, the more severe the action the more severe the consequences should be.
There is a consequence of everyone hating you though. How is the game supposed to know if you killed someone with or without some reason anyway?

Cyrotek

Feb 1, 2022
There is a consequence of everyone hating you though. How is the game supposed to know if you killed someone with or without some reason anyway?

Define "reason". I have a hard time imagine a reason to randomly kill a blue player being justified.

Stuff like guild wars should have a separate system anyways.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
ye, that's the thing again, people think the only bad thing you can do in the game is PK someone, haha, you can be a dick in many ways! You can take people's loot, come up on their spawns, all of that is the kind of pseudo-wack behavior that leads to disputes. Talking shit on forum, too! A lot of these people who are talking hard shit don't even put their name up. 'sweird.

Let me once more outline my pve/pvp idea (if it's not already in this thread!), please read carefully and THINK.

I believe the solution to the problem IS a kind of pve/pvp toggle. It's just a bit different than you think. You start out as a "blue." You are innocent. You can do anything in pve, but you cannot push people, you cannot loot players, even grey/red, you cannot attack anyone at any point. You are purely innocent. This is the kind of player that can give out MCs and that SV should protect, because they ARE out there. People with 0 interest in pvp who want to play MO2.

Then there is a point where you flag 'local grey' or open pvp. You CANNOT go back from this decision. Maybe there are still penalties for excessive killing, and they might change further from civilization, but these players are to be put in a completely different bracket from the PvE only players. They will actually deserve some 'punishment' for killing a PvE only player. In order to kill a PvE only player, so that people don't blue block and grief, you will have to target them and MANUALLY choose them as a target, so they could ostensibly be running free in the middle of a team fight and affecting nobody, no pop up windows or blue blocks. But if you choose to murder them, then you can attack them, and then, and only then, can they fight back against you and loot your stuff. I suppose their friends could help stop said murder attempt as well, if they were around.

This seems like a super simple solution for the problem. It would generate more pvp, most people would end up flagging open because it would be too much of a hassle to deal with the handicaps of being PvE only, for only the benefit for being 'protected' in a way (punishing people for killing you,) they might get pvp when they don't want it... and like I said, there can be systems in place to keep it from being a complete deathmatch, if that's what people fear, but mainly it would be like you are open pvp, you get what comes to you, for better or worse. It's not time-flag based, it's not on your terms. It just IS, you take the good with the bad.

But yea, if people wanna play this game purely PvE and be a crafter or a citizen, let them. Let the game see them as more or less innocent (even tho y'know they can pay people to kill people or w/e, diff dynamics,) that way, blue flags are actually blue flags for the most part, and there isn't this whole murky blue/grey/red thing which could mean anything cuz we dunno what situation called for that.

Then the true blues, per se, can talk about consequences and such, but they really do have to be locked out of a lot of player vs player sort of content to prevent flag hiding and only engaging in pvp when it's an easy kill or w/e.

THAT'S ALL I GOT. I really think that framework, at least, would give a good start for a lot of the problems. Then they could make adjustments within the two groups, cuz there really are pve only players and they should be treated differently than sometimes pvpers, IMO, at least, in the absence of the ability to tell what actually happened or why with a numerical system.

Cyrotek

Feb 1, 2022
I don't think outright preventing PvP permanently is the way to go for a game like this. Involuntary pvp is a part of it. It only becomes a problem when it happens too frequently or is actively used to grief.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Define "reason". I have a hard time imagine a reason to randomly kill a blue player being justified.

Maybe he advertised his scribe services but took the gold and the scrolls and ran? The game wouldn't know that.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I don't think outright preventing PvP permanently is the way to go for a game like this. Involuntary pvp is a part of it. It only becomes a problem when it happens too frequently or is actively used to grief.

READ THE POSTTTTT