Are PVP/PVE togglers serious?

Riccardo

Jan 31, 2022
Serious question. Are people seriously complaining about this game being full PVP, or is this some elaborate troll?

This is frying my brain right now because I cannot comprehend why people would buy a game thats full loot PVP and then want to change the vision of the game to PVE or PVP toggle options.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
lol I really think they should make a pve or at least v heavily penalized pvp shard/instance. Why not? If that's what people want and we're going to have multiple instances, let 'em have it. Just don't let them take mats in/out of that server. If you guys are afraid all the players are going to go there and there will be nobody to pvp w/ or play w/... that means the game is bad IMO.

I think people will realize V FAST that the game sucks without pvp, but if that's a way to generate more interest and revenue, screw it. I say get as many people as we can playing the game and then go from there.

I'd of course like a more pvp heavy instance in return buuut.

Reactions: Meltdown

Legion

Feb 1, 2022
New world did that originally it was suppose to be PVP only game and the caved to carebears and made about a million changes in the last 6 months and look what that got them lol.

Im not worried about these guys doing that im just saying GAME SAYS FULL LOOT PVP if your to much of a pussy to take it then leave the game. Eventually the game will come down to the few thousand that wanna play it for what it is.

Which honestly at this point would be nice i could actually get back into the game instead of sitting in a q

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
People who ask for PVE servers should have their account perma flagged as a murder. One because they're ideas are trying to kill the game, two because they should be killable without punishment.

Reactions: CrgHck

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
People who ask for PVE servers should have their account perma flagged as a murder. One because they're ideas are trying to kill the game, two because they should be killable without punishment.

YOU'RE STARTING TO SCARE ME!

haha, not really, but yea I dunno... like I said, after these two weeks, I'm just in full "The Dude" mode. Fuck it!

LordCax

Feb 9, 2022
New world did that originally it was suppose to be PVP only game and the caved to carebears and made about a million changes in the last 6 months and look what that got them lol.

Im not worried about these guys doing that im just saying GAME SAYS FULL LOOT PVP if your to much of a pussy to take it then leave the game. Eventually the game will come down to the few thousand that wanna play it for what it is.

Which honestly at this point would be nice i could actually get back into the game instead of sitting in a q

This is why you shouldn't be spreading propaganda. They didn't "cave to carebears". The only people who even remotely think like that are living in 1998 still, wake up. They monitored the gameplay and success of it for months. It sucked and they realized it would never be a successful model for a game. They are a mega corporation. Take off your tinfoil hat and think logically for everyone's sake. The reason New World has issues is because the game was designed to be different and it's in a transitional phase so it lacks. Also full loot pvp doesn't mean KILL EVERYONE YOU SEE. Realize that playing a full loot game does not make you any better or cooler than other people. Realize that the designers of the game had no intentions of wanting players to grief others. It's full loot on death to add to the worlds MOTIVATED circumstances. People who think "full loot pvp" means going around like a psycho attacking anyone they see are just very unadjusted and conflicted people. The more that small percent realizes that, the better for everyone involved. Nobody wants to play games with a bunch of mentally ill people who can play a game 24/7 and are pure vitriol. THAT is why we will never see successful numbers in that system. And that is exactly what Amazon saw in testing. I saw it personally in testing. Big fact, New World, even with it's problems and shift in development is still wildly succesful compared to this game.

If you don't know what you are talking about and you spew ignoramus propaganda... why don't you just sit back and not add to the idiocracy?

SirTexasSir

Jan 29, 2022
Texas
We do have PvE servers....it's called HAVEN. If that is what they want they can stay there.

Reactions: Meltdown

King Christof

Jan 27, 2022

Agreed.

I love the PVP aspect of the game. Even with the griefs and ganks. Sometimes I will do my thing for hours with absolutely no issue. Others I will be on the road and get absolute curb stomped by a small group of MA's. Ah, the pleasures of Mortal.

It is also a fun aspect because it really does encourage group play. Travelling in packs should be a necessity on long ventures for obvious reasons. I just really wish that we could see people from further away (And their gear too) because whenever I get jumped by the time I realize what is going on its way too late.

Legion

Feb 1, 2022
This is why you shouldn't be spreading propaganda. They didn't "cave to carebears". The only people who even remotely think like that are living in 1998 still, wake up. They monitored the gameplay and success of it for months. It sucked and they realized it would never be a successful model for a game. They are a mega corporation. Take off your tinfoil hat and think logically for everyone's sake. The reason New World has issues is because the game was designed to be different and it's in a transitional phase so it lacks. Also full loot pvp doesn't mean KILL EVERYONE YOU SEE. Realize that playing a full loot game does not make you any better or cooler than other people. Realize that the designers of the game had no intentions of wanting players to grief others. It's full loot on death to add to the worlds MOTIVATED circumstances. People who think "full loot pvp" means going around like a psycho attacking anyone they see are just very unadjusted and conflicted people. The more that small percent realizes that, the better for everyone involved. Nobody wants to play games with a bunch of mentally ill people who can play a game 24/7 and are pure vitriol. THAT is why we will never see successful numbers in that system. And that is exactly what Amazon saw in testing. I saw it personally in testing. Big fact, New World, even with it's problems and shift in development is still wildly succesful compared to this game.

If you don't know what you are talking about and you spew ignoramus propaganda... why don't you just sit back and not add to the idiocracy?
Carebear confirmed. Bro if your scared its ok man i get lots of people are that's why they want a toggle. I don't even think im good at pvp in this game and yet i would never wanna see a toggle.

Also if new world has so much success the fuck you doing here, New world is Grade A POS anyone who played it knows that its the most rinse and repeat pve ive ever seen in a game. All added with a small amount of time in order to bend to the carebears who wanted more then a pvp only game, no amount of you thinking your all high and mighty on your horse will change my mind. I no plenty of people who played the betas before they implemented all the BS to make the game appeal to the pve players.

If you truly think New world was a success you have a low bar for success Cause that game was complete dog shit and any Real pvp player will agree with me.

Reactions: Elijah

Veeshan

Jan 29, 2022

yep biggest downfall to newworld was this and then they had to rush pve content in with a deadline, this time would of been used for bug/exploit fixes but they had to spend all of it shackling together some kind of pve game -.-

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
yep biggest downfall to newworld was this and then they had to rush pve content in with a deadline, this time would of been used for bug/exploit fixes but they had to spend all of it shackling together some kind of pve game -.-
I remember looking at New World back in 2018 an going "This looks awesome I can't wait to play it". Than Amazon said they'd be disabling the PVP removing loot drop on death an focusing more on PVE content an I was like "LOL unwhitelist an ignore game".

I don't even focus on PVP in this game an I still enjoy the game's forced full loot PVP, it creates a lvl of unknow, danger, an excitement you just don't see in other games.

Veeshan

Jan 29, 2022
I remember looking at New World back in 2018 an going "This looks awesome I can't wait to play it". Than Amazon said they'd be disabling the PVP removing loot drop on death an focusing more on PVE content an I was like "LOL unwhitelist an ignore game".

I don't even focus on PVP in this game an I still enjoy the game's forced full loot PVP, it creates a lvl of unknow, danger, an excitement you just don't see in other games.
they could of just gotten away with removing the full loot and kept the open world pvp always being on and it wouldnt of been to bad.

Riccardo

Jan 31, 2022

I actually agree with some of your assessment. I think that a lot of the people that have not played full loot PVP think it's going to be a murder fest. The reality is somewhat like what you said. Once people stabilize they will realize that seeing someone doesn't mean they have to fight them or that they will be attacked.

Full loot anarchy PVP is not chaos. There is a certain maturity that can develop from it if the criminal system works well enough to stop absolute psychos.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Serious question. Are people seriously complaining about this game being full PVP, or is this some elaborate troll?

This is frying my brain right now because I cannot comprehend why people would buy a game thats full loot PVP and then want to change the vision of the game to PVE or PVP toggle options.
Vast majority are people trolling or copy pastaing the one out of thousand person who said they wanted a troggle to make fun of them.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021

Wow a live carebear!

Legion

Feb 1, 2022
I actually agree with some of your assessment. I think that a lot of the people that have not played full loot PVP think it's going to be a murder fest. The reality is somewhat like what you said. Once people stabilize they will realize that seeing someone doesn't mean they have to fight them or that they will be attacked.

Full loot anarchy PVP is not chaos. There is a certain maturity that can develop from it if the criminal system works well enough to stop absolute psychos.
actually the opposite once people stabilize and have not nearly as much need to go back to major cities you will see more psychos......when the Pk guilds all start going red and start living out of player keeps that's when you will truly start to real red players who kill for fun.

Its the same thing that happened in DF at launch most people played passive to build up a bank and they needed to live in major cities as time went on people didnt need to anymore and the real threat began.

Draed

Jan 4, 2022

did you play the alpha? or open beta? i played the alpha, for about 1k hours up until open beta. the game was loved by those who played it, but the population was too small to be "monitored for months" and make a decision off of it. they caved to the carebears 100%. the game had player built towns, guarded and unguarded towns, FFA pvp and full loot death, criminal status, sounds familiar yeah?

then in the next half year approaching was was supposed to be launch originally, they added factions, made questing forced (used to be able to buy the azoth staff) removed player built towns, pvp toggle flag, alpha tested the cash shop, keep gear on death, etc..

nothing you said is fully accurate, they did monitor players, but you cant beta test with under 5k players and make huge decisions for launch with over a million people playing, especially when its marketed towards a specific audience for years and then in the months before launch rewrite the game from the ground up.

additionally, the game suffers so many issues any one would be enough to kill a game, just off the top of my head: dozens of gold exploits that never got wiped, you still cant swim, important parts of the game are client side only, for months if you played the game in windowed and shook the screen around it held iframes making you invincible in pvp (not joking,) large wars for territory they made instanced and locked at 50v50, they continue to add content that drops better weapons than can ever be crafted while also making crafting harder and harder to do.

new world lost 96% of its players after the first week for a reason, it was a groundbreaking failure, and should never be used as an example for anything positive. the reason its wildly successful compared to MO2 is because it has amazon's advertising budget and pull, not indie swedish game dev company

strycio

Apr 1, 2021
did you play the alpha? or open beta? i played the alpha, for about 1k hours up until open beta. the game was loved by those who played it, but the population was too small to be "monitored for months" and make a decision off of it. they caved to the carebears 100%. the game had player built towns, guarded and unguarded towns, FFA pvp and full loot death, criminal status, sounds familiar yeah?

then in the next half year approaching was was supposed to be launch originally, they added factions, made questing forced (used to be able to buy the azoth staff) removed player built towns, pvp toggle flag, alpha tested the cash shop, keep gear on death, etc..

nothing you said is fully accurate, they did monitor players, but you cant beta test with under 5k players and make huge decisions for launch with over a million people playing, especially when its marketed towards a specific audience for years and then in the months before launch rewrite the game from the ground up.

additionally, the game suffers so many issues any one would be enough to kill a game, just off the top of my head: dozens of gold exploits that never got wiped, you still cant swim, important parts of the game are client side only, for months if you played the game in windowed and shook the screen around it held iframes making you invincible in pvp (not joking,) large wars for territory they made instanced and locked at 50v50, they continue to add content that drops better weapons than can ever be crafted while also making crafting harder and harder to do.

new world lost 96% of its players after the first week for a reason, it was a groundbreaking failure, and should never be used as an example for anything positive. the reason its wildly successful compared to MO2 is because it has amazon's advertising budget and pull, not indie swedish game dev company

The transition of NW was indeed ridiculous, you wont believe it, if it hadn’t happened. From a pvp oriented sandpark to a grindy pve nightmare. And the funny thing is: they still pursue this nightmare.