Archery\MA meta is real

Dec 23, 2021
I hope the SV investigate and balance the game. Currently every second pvp is same.
I want to see more lancers, mages, footfighters,beastmasters in future but currently isnt worth it as like the MA. And the numbers are talking. :(

i didn't blame anyone.
Currently beast mastery is joke and painful. You tame so hard and you will lost your pet by bugs. Pets still cant follow and you can't mount.
Mage is barely playable but far from good. (you need sacrifice everything in action side if you want to be a useful mage)
Lancers gone. (since they nerfed the mount c speed and very easy to counter)
So currently worth playstyles are very limited.

9tWZGJj.png

Last edited:
Reactions: fuatX

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Do we have to go over this again? If you're moving about, you want to be on a mount. If you're on a mount w/o attack skills, you're playing yourself.

Lancers BLEEEEH. Do wanna see MC tho. THUS, I will post again my suggestion: ADD A PRIMARY SKILL UNDER MOUNTED CHARGE THAT DECREASES THE TOP SPEED REDUCTION OF HEAVILY ARMORED HORSES WHILE STILL KEEPING ACCEL/TURN PENALTIES. And make it only work with a wep out or bandaiding w/ a wep out.

Then we can have a fun shot of the video page being all MAs and MCs haha.

Edit: what about levia elite #1 pvp ;)

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
When you hit major node lines pets still on follow will teleport to you.

Mage unlocks access to extended duration pvp as well as the harder creatures/dungeons to farm. Mages are extremely viable and must haves atm for any competent guild.

The thumbnails you posted will not all be MAs, these are just people using the most common method of traveling, horses. This leads into another point, horses are the main way to transport/travel, and combining a ranged attack with such a build that lets you kite most mobs in the entire game without taking damage makes it super viable for pve. Pvp is not the focus of MAs, it's a secondary symptom of how easy MA is to farm gold/mats. This means more MA pvp, some following the trends others just using it since its convenient.

Ultimately though MAs are countered by foot archers with Mammalia Zoology skilled up. Horses go down in only a few shots and honestly need some love in general. This isn't just an MA issue, its an issue for everyone since the first thing you do when you engage another player is kill their horse, their main way to transport themselves and their goods. This leads to really lame situations where two groups clash, all the horses die, and at the end of the fight the winners have to waddle to the nearest horse spawn or town. I don't know what exactly they could do to help balance out mount health without making MAs OP in pvp, but I would not say they are OP in pvp right now, only in pve.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
When you hit major node lines pets still on follow will teleport to you.

Mage unlocks access to extended duration pvp as well as the harder creatures/dungeons to farm. Mages are extremely viable and must haves atm for any competent guild.

The thumbnails you posted will not all be MAs, these are just people using the most common method of traveling, horses. This leads into another point, horses are the main way to transport/travel, and combining a ranged attack with such a build that lets you kite most mobs in the entire game without taking damage makes it super viable for pve. Pvp is not the focus of MAs, it's a secondary symptom of how easy MA is to farm gold/mats. This means more MA pvp, some following the trends others just using it since its convenient.

Ultimately though MAs are countered by foot archers with Mammalia Zoology skilled up. Horses go down in only a few shots and honestly need some love in general. This isn't just an MA issue, its an issue for everyone since the first thing you do when you engage another player is kill their horse, their main way to transport themselves and their goods. This leads to really lame situations where two groups clash, all the horses die, and at the end of the fight the winners have to waddle to the nearest horse spawn or town. I don't know what exactly they could do to help balance out mount health without making MAs OP in pvp, but I would not say they are OP in pvp right now, only in pve.
There was a nice suggestion to make horses and pets in general stay invulnerable in mercy mode until the owner dies or goes out of certain range. It goes against the general philosophy of MO though.

• Haha
Reactions: Deleted member 44

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
There was a nice suggestion to make horses and pets in general stay invulnerable in mercy mode until the owner dies or goes out of certain range. It goes against the general philosophy of MO though.
Yeah I read that and couldn't decide one way or the other. Mainly because I know SV are very stubborn with the "realism" shit.

Finnley

Jul 8, 2020
I hope the SV investigate and balance the game. Currently every second pvp is same.
I want to see more lancers, mages, footfighters,beastmasters in future but currently isnt worth it as like the MA. And the numbers are talking. :(

i didn't blame anyone.
Currently beast mastery is joke and painful. You tame so hard and you will lost your pet by bugs. Pets still cant follow and you can't mount.
Mage is barely playable but far from good. (you need sacrifice everything in action side if you want to be a useful mage)
Lancers gone. (since they nerfed the mount c speed and very easy to counter)
So currently worth playstyles are very limited.
Archery and mounted archery are absolutely not overpowered, archery is nice for killing horses and PvE but thats it already.
Magic is extremely strong.
Mounted archery is just the goto class for new or solo players.
Combat pets do not rely on player skill but on buggy pet pathing and i have no idea why they are part of Henriks vision

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Archery and mounted archery are absolutely not overpowered, archery is nice for killing horses and PvE but thats it already.
Magic is extremely strong.
Mounted archery is just the goto class for new or solo players.
Combat pets do not rely on player skill but on buggy pet pathing and i have no idea why they are part of Henriks vision
Yea if the game was small enough to run around on foot. You wouldnt see so many MAs. Likewise if farming was focused around footspeed and not mounted. Also if you could throw bags on yourself and carry 6 stacks then noone would even use horses.

Now if a footman ran faster then a horse, I guess we would not see any mounteds around.

So result being that this game is so heavily made around the need to stay mounted, move on mount, farm on mount and carry items on mount that yes SV made horses and mounts so important that you are always gonna see most mounteds and as a result MAs since they are the easiest mounted to play.

Last edited:
Reactions: Finnley