Anyone having performance issues since the newest patch?

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
As the title says. I'm running a 3080 GPU in an external GPU enclosure and could run at a locked 60fps at 4k with DLSS turned on balanced (otherwise maybe 30fps).

Now, it averages about 45 FPS, but has homongous drops down to single digits when turning around or viewing new content. I thought it was light sources, but I went outside town at night just looking into the distance, and hte same thing. I even have tried to dial back/settings and resolution and am just unable to get smooth performance.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
yes its even worse since last patch because of the full rendered distance when you look into hundreds of meters.
a total view distance slider would help wonders so people can choose how far they want to look depending on their system.

Princey

May 30, 2020
London
www.instagram.com
I was thinking wow I could not believe it when I saw how far it was being rendered. I had to lower my resolution to really low to get a stable FPS of 60.

I haven't played much, but I realised that I am going to need to upgrade my system as mortal online 2 really is going to require a newer graphics card. I am unable to buy one as they are all sold out......but whatever I can wait till i get my hands on one and I believe march is when MO 2 will go persistent and the supply of graphic cards will flow again and I will be able to then stream and become the greatest explorer :D

MO1 felt alive but I feel MO2 will be alive. The difference in detail is huge like black and white but yet it still feels MO.

Last edited:

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
At 1080p the game runs buttery smooth on my system at maxed settings on a GTX 1660 Super via Razer Core X. It could be that the game isn't quite optimised for 2K or 4K resolutions just yet, perhaps.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Heavily depends on the location. In Fabernum it has actually gotten better and now I can get 50 FPS in 1080p at the lowest settings. It used to be about 30. Other locations (and I guess the time of days plays a role as well) drag me down to 15-20 on the same settings. The problem is that these drops can happen mid fight as well, which is makes me think that the direction you are looking at plays a role.

RX 580 with a ryzen 5 2600.

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
As the title says. I'm running a 3080 GPU in an external GPU enclosure and could run at a locked 60fps at 4k with DLSS turned on balanced (otherwise maybe 30fps).

Now, it averages about 45 FPS, but has homongous drops down to single digits when turning around or viewing new content. I thought it was light sources, but I went outside town at night just looking into the distance, and hte same thing. I even have tried to dial back/settings and resolution and am just unable to get smooth performance.
Roll back the videocrats drivers. With the latest drivers from nvidia, it breaks games very much for me. my video RTX 2070 super
try to: 457.51
afbLmXr.png

[AF]Tyrone

Dec 17, 2020
You're getting 109 average fps. Imo it should be more like 160 average if you compare it to games of similar graphical capabilities.