Another implementation to help new players continue playing.

soulpcbr

Dec 20, 2023
Heaven is very good, but some players after leaving Heaven still need a little more time to get used to the dangers of MO2 in its full form.

My suggestion is that when leaving Heaven, new players gain a New Players status, where their names will be light blue and whoever kills them will receive 5 murder counts instead of just 1. This player will lose this status after 45 hours of play or if he becomes criminal.

This will discourage the practice of griefing new players but will maintain the essence of the game as it is.

Doom and Gloom

Mar 12, 2022
I do agree that new players could definitely use some timed buff to de-incentivize the vet griefers from pushing them out of the game instantly. We got towers now and guarded zones so that will help a lot, but this idea of increased murder counts is actually not too bad. Would just have to make sure that the buff goes away once said player will attack someone else first.

Reactions: soulpcbr

Raudr

Jan 22, 2024
As a new Mortal Online player, but vet "hardcore" game player I gotta say I totally agree with this. If I didn't have ridiculous levels of patience and certain levels of mental illness, there's NO WAY I would have stuck with this game lmao

Rahz

Jul 19, 2022
Essentially a good idea, but most "new players" still arent able to really defend themselves after 45hours. If they're mages, they might have finally finished their builds :D
I actually think the best thing that could happen to new players would be Arenas in noob cities. They'd be better equipped to defend themselves and some people who would otherwise kill them out of boredom might fight in the arena instead.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Just make it so that the new player status (for the first character created only) prevents any criminal actions being taken by them or against them during their first 45 hours of in-game time on arrival at the mainland. Disable the Allow Criminal Actions option during this grace period. This should give them plenty of time and room to learn and develop without fear of hostile actions.