Animated world which feel like living...

How long delay on release you (player) would not mind, if that makes game better? (perfect?)

• Month

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Quarter

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Half year

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Year

• Two years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As long as it takes (while been reasonable)

• Total voters

Xydros

Mar 29, 2021
There seems to be rumor that game was close to release and tress test has delayed it.. well once all bugs are fixed, problem probably still stay behind.

I haven't seen most of world, true.
What I have seen looks lifeless, Haven for example.
90% house doors are locked and windows you can peek in, show empty houses.. "ghost town".
All npc:s just stand still.. even if merchant needs to stay on place.. they could change weight on foots and wave hand like trying to sell something.
All children are missing, there are no npc:s without "purpose".. all of them are either dumb guards or merchants.. where are all by standers.
Towns look too clean to be inhabited.

Nature looks empty and lifeless.. and I am not sure would only adding missing animals fix that problem. it's partly also animal AI which seems to be missing..
Animals run away straight line, irl animal would choose route with least resistance. Pig/boar/deer can climb hill which player can't.. Yeah lets run to catch that animal, no wait it's climbs almost straight wall up, oh I lost it..

I am really hoping Release does not happen least for half year to year..
As I am seeing so familiar black clouds at horizon, which tell "free to play" here we coma again.

I really see potential with this game and it could be more than just minority game.
Too soon release will surely cut all chances, before there is any chance for growth.

PS.
As side note..
On Release there is always mountain of bugs.. yeah bugs will cause lot of noise.. Players will be calling for every man on board to fix them sooner than asap.

Real thing killing the game is lack of things to do.. As whole team is put to bug fixes and game will be on stand still until every bug is fixed.. Every game have power levelers and casual players, both need things to do for future to come. Better fix as many bugs as possible before release and have un-released content waiting for the problems to come.. Yet still keep cool head and keep least half of team developing new things.

Lack of contents is sure way to "Free To Play".

Best regards:
Hopefully the future resident of the game for years to come, as long as the credit card repayment goes through first.

Reactions: Amadman

User_name

Mar 23, 2021
Regarding town life: Have a peek into MO1. The towns are (somewhat) filled with wandering commoners, outcasts, dogs etc. I strongly oppose the integration of children into the game, considering you can decapitate any NPC you find...

Reactions: Amadman