Animal Care should be a profession skill or secondary under creature control / adv CC

Vrenmar

Nov 21, 2020
So looking at the taming tree compared to almost every other primary skill tree we lack secondary skill lines that benefit us somehow. It would make more logical sense to move animal care to secondary under creature control or advanced creature control or make it a profession skill. I would also argue that Beast influence when properly implemented should be made a secondary under beastmastery. Again alot of this depends on how beastmastery is implemented but the main point I want to bring up is we have non direct combat affecting skill lines as primaries in taming and we lack secondaries like other skill trees.

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
I was thinking this the other day. It has no combat value or anything of the sort and should be its own branch in the profession tree tied with breeding and other pet customization/specialization options. I mean, Zoologies give combat bonuses (for your player not your pet) so having some of the pet skills within the profession tree is really not that far-fetched.

Last edited:

Vrenmar

Nov 21, 2020
I was thinking this the other day. It has no combat value or anything of the sort and should be its own branch in the profession tree tied with breeding and other pet customization/specialization options. I mean, Zoologies give combat bonuses so having some of the pet skills within the profession tree is really not that far-fetched.

zoology subskills dont boost the pet as far as im aware, i was told it only makes it easier to fight them as a player. IE, increase damage against and reduce damage taken FROM said animal type. The main benefit it has for tamers is it reduces pet point cost and makes them easier to tame by reducing taming level. Can anyone confirm? I have not tested it personally.

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
zoology subskills dont boost the pet as far as im aware, i was told it only makes it easier to fight them as a player. IE, increase damage against and reduce damage taken FROM said animal type. The main benefit it has for tamers is it reduces pet point cost and makes them easier to tame by reducing taming level. Can anyone confirm? I have not tested it personally.
Sorry I wasn't clear. My point was that zoology is a profession skill that directly increases your characters combat potential vs certain pve mobs as an extreme case. Animal Care does not do this so with the extreme case being put forth I believe its not so crazy to think/want Animal Care to be a profession skill.