Anatomy and bandages

Do I need to add the ability to bandage a friend?

• Total voters

Eskaldar

Jun 25, 2020
Why can't you bandage your partner?
Imagine a situation where there are two of you. One has an anatomy of 0, the other has 100.
You have nothing but 100 bandages. You could share the bandages, but what's the point of that?
If friend could treat his partners with bandages, like magic, then the one with skill 100 could act as a healer. Is it worth adding the ability to bandage another?

In addition to the above, I wanted to add. How do you see the anatomy being expanded? If you ask, what can be added to it? The creation of the bandages themselves, the creation of specialized bandages and their imposition (tourniquets, treatment of wounds and injuries). In my opinion, it would be logical if veterinary medicine somehow correlated with anatomy and knowledge about it somehow intersected with zoology. In zoology, you can add a family of hominids and an order of primates, which includes humans. Knowing about this would allow, for example, to better understand how to treat and how to inflict damage on this family and squad, and it turns out, including on a person.

Last edited:

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
Why can't you bandage your partner?
Imagine a situation where there are two of you. One has an anatomy of 0, the other has 100.
You have nothing but 100 bandages. You could share the bandages, but what's the point of that?
If friend could treat his partners with bandages, like magic, then the one with skill 100 could act as a healer. Is it worth adding the ability to bandage another?
Yes, I have always wondered about this and wished it were possible. There would need to be some limitation and the technical aspects of it would need to be considered, but it should exist IMO.

Icegoten

Jun 12, 2020
Agreed. To expand on anatomy it could be used along side zoology and beast mastery or breeding with the idea being you know enough about the creature that you can help it grow in a certain way. Since they have mentioned being able to ride creatures that make sense to be able to ride for the correct size character maybe they can expand breeding get creatures who can carry more, run faster, or when they rework pet AI and how you have to give more in depth commands for fighting it could be better at defending against slash attacks or piercing or certain arrow types.

Or more simply they could just make crafting bandages possible with different materials and this would come from your anatomy skill instead of a profession. 100 skill and you get the bonus of crafted bandages healing 8 or 10 more than the current bandages we have in game.

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
Agreed. To expand on anatomy it could be used along side zoology and beast mastery or breeding with the idea being you know enough about the creature that you can help it grow in a certain way. Since they have mentioned being able to ride creatures that make sense to be able to ride for the correct size character maybe they can expand breeding get creatures who can carry more, run faster, or when they rework pet AI and how you have to give more in depth commands for fighting it could be better at defending against slash attacks or piercing or certain arrow types.

Or more simply they could just make crafting bandages possible with different materials and this would come from your anatomy skill instead of a profession. 100 skill and you get the bonus of crafted bandages healing 8 or 10 more than the current bandages we have in game.
You're missing information.

Veterinary Skill exists and will be implemented (bandaging pets). Also, Minor Bandages, Bandages, and Greater Bandages all exist - as will, in the future, Aloe Soaked Bandages. Sadly, a crafting system for these bandages was never added.

So, most of what you want will already be in the game. They just need to make the stuff craftable.

As for all your talk about Breeding - that is out of place here. I suggest making another thread.

Eskaldar

Jun 25, 2020
You're missing information.

Veterinary Skill exists and will be implemented (bandaging pets). Also, Minor Bandages, Bandages, and Greater Bandages all exist - as will, in the future, Aloe Soaked Bandages. Sadly, a crafting system for these bandages was never added.

So, most of what you want will already be in the game. They just need to make the stuff craftable.

As for all your talk about Breeding - that is out of place here. I suggest making another thread.
I know about Aloe vera bandages, but greater bandages?

EZgold

Jan 28, 2021
I think we should be able to bandage everything with Anatomy skill, including any other player and pet or even wild animal, just as you can already do with magic. Only requirement should be they stand still next to you.
Veterinary could be something extra only needed for animals in motion like rider bandaging his mount.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
no, you have mages/hybrids for this. also breaks PvP balance in fighter groups. bandages are strong enough on its own especially when they add the better ones or bandage crafting.
the veterinary skill will probably be like bandages for your pets you can also use mounted.

Eskaldar

Jun 25, 2020
no, you have mages/hybrids for this. also breaks PvP balance in fighter groups. bandages are strong enough on its own especially when they add the better ones or bandage crafting.
the veterinary skill will probably be like bandages for your pets you can also use mounted.
how will this affect the balance, what nonsense?
will the magician be able to bind you when he runs out of mana or what?

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
how will this affect the balance, what nonsense?
will the magician be able to bind you when he runs out of mana or what?
double bandage heal will make small fighter groups very strong, you take away the purpose of healing mages/hybrids if you can run full fighter builds.
ofc wouldnt have so much of an impact since you must go melee range to bandage. the advantages you get are not worth the drawbacks imo.
i think the biggest argument is to give mages more purposes in teams. also the bandage skill is at 100 on every fighter.

Eskaldar

Jun 25, 2020
double bandage heal will make small fighter groups very strong, you take away the purpose of healing mages/hybrids if you can run full fighter builds.
ofc wouldnt have so much of an impact since you must go melee range to bandage. the advantages you get are not worth the drawbacks imo.
i think the biggest argument is to give mages more purposes in teams. also the bandage skill is at 100 on every fighter.
you contradict yourself. Just now you said that you can use a magician or a hybrid and magic instead of a bandage, and then you're talking about double use? So what is the double use, if it can be replaced by a heal from a distance? I don't see any advantage here. A healer runs around and heals you with magic, when you run up to him, he can cast a spell and restore your life, or he can restore it to you with a bandage.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
you contradict yourself. Just now you said that you can use a magician or a hybrid and magic instead of a bandage, and then you're talking about double use? So what is the double use, if it can be replaced by a heal from a distance? I don't see any advantage here. A healer runs around and heals you with magic, when you run up to him, he can cast a spell and restore your life, or he can restore it to you with a bandage.
double use means i bandage my self and at the same time gets a bandage from a mate behind me. you can use that to fast heal nearly dead frontliners without having a mage or hybrid in your team.

Eskaldar

Jun 25, 2020
double use means i bandage my self and at the same time gets a bandage from a mate behind me. you can use that to fast heal nearly dead frontliners without having a mage or hybrid in your team.
This may be an additional skill in the anatomy branch

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
This may be an additional skill in the anatomy branch
then it would make sense if you spend 100 points for that and you can even make it usable for real fights. for example you can move and bandage your mate as long as he stays close to you.