Ambient Sounds

PatWins

May 28, 2020
The more I play the alpha the more I get the feeling that the world feels like the vacuum of space (No wind, ambient sounds, people chattering, shutters moving). Are there currently plans to make the game feel more "alive"? Would love to see these types of ambient sounds and effects eventually. Right now I'm aware there are way bigger priorities but just food for thought.

Reactions: Neftan

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
The more I play the alpha the more I get the feeling that the world feels like the vacuum of space (No wind, ambient sounds, people chattering, shutters moving). Are there currently plans to make the game feel more "alive"? Would love to see these types of ambient sounds and effects eventually. Right now I'm aware there are way bigger priorities but just food for thought.

Agreeing with TheBadMan here. We had those sound ( most ) before and I'm sure they will add them as time goes. Seems like weather ( visuals in general ) and combat is what they are working on with bugs in between. I did hear some birds at one point in a video. So somethings there too I'm assuming, although I'm sure events, areas, towns, and possible sounds of interaction will come at some point as well.

Reactions: PatWins

Valoran

May 28, 2020
I wholeheartedly approve of environmental ambience, however something I absolutely despise is sounds that are completely fabricated and have no logical source.

For instance, I would love to hear birds chirping in the forest, but only if I can also actually see birds somewhere flying around.

By the same logic, I would hate to see the same background chatter from Tindrem if there are no NPC people walking around actually interacting with each other.

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
I wholeheartedly approve of environmental ambience, however something I absolutely despise is sounds that are completely fabricated and have no logical source.

For instance, I would love to hear birds chirping in the forest, but only if I can also actually see birds somewhere flying around.

By the same logic, I would hate to see the same background chatter from Tindrem if there are no NPC people walking around actually interacting with each other.
This.

Reactions: PatWins