Alvarins are OP

Grudge Bringer

May 28, 2020
Trigger warning.

Overweight Alvarins have 440 movespeed and 196hp. They have a smaller hitbox and basically no drawbacks. Their lower stamina is negated by the insanely powerful clade perks they have.
The only downside is the small minus in damage bonus. But if you are kiting this is a non-issue. Pvp in this game is 90% kiting.

I fail to see how Alvarins are "balanced"

Def the meta for murderers and gankers on foot.

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
Trigger warning.

Overweight Alvarins have 440 movespeed and 196hp. They have a smaller hitbox and basically no drawbacks. Their lower stamina is negated by the insanely powerful clade perks they have.
The only downside is the small minus in damage bonus. But if you are kiting this is a non-issue. Pvp in this game is 90% kiting.

What would you do to balance them? If they lose their speed or have the gap tightened then what would be their strength in PvP? Also there is no small minus in damage bonus. A stout alvarin is 9% damage bonus vs 18% on huergars, 25-35% on thursars. And 20-30% on humans.

Grudge Bringer

May 28, 2020
What would you do to balance them? If they lose their speed or have the gap tightened then what would be their strength in PvP? Also there is no small minus in damage bonus. A stout alvarin is 9% damage bonus vs 18% on huergars, 25-35% on thursars. And 20-30% on humans.

Damage bonus is a 1-3 damage difference on a swing. Damage bonus is a non-issue. The majority of players are going Alvarin so I expect some pushpack from the same group that lobbied them into the meta. They can combat jump away as well.

Their speed needs to be reduced or clades nerfed tbh.

I play a Human, Thursar and Alvarin and the Alvarin is exponentially better at everything. It's a totally different game playing as Alvarin.

They use to suck in duels, but the Alvarin lobby complained to Henrik and now we have Alvarin Online foot meta.

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
When I get hit by alvarin vs thursars it definitely feels way more than 1-3 damage difference.

Grudge Bringer

May 28, 2020
When I get hit by alvarin vs thursars it definitely feels way more than 1-3 damage difference.
Then kite and heal and wait for the Thursar to make a mistake. Because when he does he wont be able to run away and heal like you do for infiniti.

Feb 1, 2022
Damage bonus is a 1-3 damage difference on a swing. Damage bonus is a non-issue. The majority of players are going Alvarin so I expect some pushpack from the same group that lobbied them into the meta. They can combat jump away as well.

Their speed needs to be reduced or clades nerfed tbh.

I play a Human, Thursar and Alvarin and the Alvarin is exponentially better at everything. It's a totally different game playing as Alvarin.

They use to suck in duels, but the Alvarin lobby complained to Henrik and now we have Alvarin Online foot meta.
if it is not trolling, and you think that there is 1-3 damage difference, please dont talk about balance.
thank you

Grudge Bringer

May 28, 2020
if it is not trolling, and you think that there is 1-3 damage difference, please dont talk about balance.
thank you

Damage bonus even if 5-10 dmg difference on a swing is insignificant.

If you have ever pvped before you would know stamina and speed is king.

• Haha
Reactions: Sgr

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
I killed a "meta" 2hsword/mage alvarin today in 2 forhead hits with a 1h hammer today. ...

Their smaller hitvox didnt really make a difference. Their shitty light armor did though.

Reactions: Calcal

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

Alv been had OP clades. The fix is simple. Make their raw % gift be 'increases spead' instead and have it scale w/ fit as the main, diminishing on either side. Flat bonus gifts are stupid, that's why you get bulging on the ground. It doesn't scale right. Yet-another oversight by devs.

Lean alv is 9% dmg bonus btw, stout is 12-3.

But their low con really does let them get hhhwacked. You gotta be Parry King. And even on a min height lean Khur with like 18% dmg, I was hitting w/ jade swords like they were steel. The dmg bonus is significant, but people who are really good at rolling lo str sheevs and still busting ass. Of course, I'm always rolling lite chars, so I dunno how it stands up v a tankier one. I can def say I had more 1 on 1 success with a Khur, by far. They are tankier and hit a lot harder, and that's not even a big damage % difference. When you get up to like 25+% it's like wew.

Last edited:

Calcal

Dec 11, 2021
Trigger warning.

humans are op, they get better mana regen with armor, tons of points, stats, riding skills. The clades are fine, each one has great clade gifts. Learn to play to your clade's strengths instead of whining and asking for nerfs.

Reactions: 2022

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Trigger warning.

Yeah like who cares about oghmir with all the useless damage reduce clades, the pipe, rock solid, +10 thirst, and enough armor weight for full tungsteel.

Alvarin is only meta because it's fun to play and also all the "OH I WANT A DEX FIGHTER WITH DUAL WIELD KATANAS OR MAYBE DAGGER ASASSIN STYLE ALSO BOW WEAKSPOT IS OP I'LL BE KITING EVERYTHING" newbies

Veeshan

Jan 29, 2022
60 dmg mace hit comapred to my 40 dmg one agaist naked with same mace and same weapon skill (Some other passive might vary like agressive stance but it still a big difference

Veeshan

Jan 29, 2022
humans are op, they get better mana regen with armor, tons of points, stats, riding skills. The clades are fine, each one has great clade gifts. Learn to play to your clade's strengths instead of whining and asking for nerfs.
i definetly feel humans definably are a bit better than the elfs havant looked into the other 2 races though.

Reactions: Ingwar Keogh