Alvarin buff ?

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
De-nerfing hybrids is the first step to massive build variety. They have what, 8 schools of magic planned? Would be really cool to see that translate into 8 schools of hybrids with solid reasons to play them.

Would also love to see them make foot-fighter a bit more interesting with for instance builds that benefit massively from lowering armor weight.

But yeah, for now I'd be content to see them just balance the builds that already exist a lot better.

Reactions: Konrad

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Yeah I've been asking for incentive for light armored warriors for years. But the way armor has worked hasn't changed in a decade. You max your armor training and wear the most you can. That's as simple as your theorycrafting for warriors goes. Hybrids on the other hand...I spent countless hours perfecting sets down to the last decimal to stay at my target weight. It was enjoyable. (Now its much more simple with having fewer pieces you equip)

And I'm gonna put my money on them not taking a second look at the Int changes. I know I'm sounding super negative...but it would shock me if anything changed with either of these two. All they heard was people wanted Intelligence to matter more. And they slapped the easy button on that one while killing a major playstyle. Lots of people are fine with it too...mainly bc they don't play hybrids so any nerf to a playstyle they don't play is fine with them.

Piet

May 28, 2020
Alvarins don't need a buff. Sorry. They have their place, and its pretty solid atm. Just stop being a trashcan and letting a Thursar get in your face and then complain you can't get away when you're 3 shot for being lean, not in combat mode and wearing fullgrain leather or keeled scales, relying on the 'shield on the back' dog shit 'technique'.

Only thing that needs fixing is the fall damage clade not working, unless its supposed to be like that now with the new changes. Was pretty OP.

You give Alvarins too much speed and its all anyone will play. Speed is King in these games.

View attachment 1860
After testing in combat mode at 450 speed a character going 424 speed can get 5 hits off before I am out of range so speed is not really worth what they lose. They have less health, less stam, almost half the damage because the damage bonus percent is applied before armor instead of after, less attributes, less max on stats, they don't have the attributes to hybrid effectively which was their niche, they are the only race that can't wear steel plate because it's to heavy.

Konrad

Feb 24, 2021
Ireland
It's fine, buff Veelas. They totally need it. :)

Honest with you Karen I really hope they will just tweak and make them more viable, and not slap the 'buff to the new meta' button.
I didn't make this thread to only bitch about 'how the race I play isnt OP like others', I'm just giving feedback and comparison to other builds and races and trying to complain to the manager a little bit.
In regards to what you said about the movement speed bonus buff we got and your 'suggestion' lol lets be honest 20 or 30 speed buff would be pretty op, I can already see fucking lean veela mages torpedo bomb big groups with EQ lmao, a small group of veelas like that with this speed would be devastating af in hit and run tactics. But lets be honest as much as they are now 'the fastest' that speed isnt really that meaningful when you fight as a FW or even a mage.