Alvarian bow clade gift bugg

Craksh

Jun 15, 2020
Hello

NOW FIXED IN PATCH

I've been experimenting with archery on the alvarians and it seems like the clade gift archers arm and archers shoulder is not acting like normal strength when it comes to pulling the bow although the text states that it acts like you have 10+ str.

I have tried this on two alvarians, one with sufficient normal strength and no clade gifts and one with clade gifts and 20 less strength. The result is that the one with the clade gift can still pull the bow, so it somewhat works, but the stamina drain is twice as large, compared to having "true" strength.

Also, the video is not showing, but they have the same archery skills, and endurance skills.

Weak alvarian:
63 strength + 20 from clade gifts = 83 str
bow that req 77.70 str

Strong alvarian:
92 str
bow that req 81.25 str

Youtube on stamina drain with cladegift

Youtube on stamina drain without cladegift

UPDATE 15/12:
Havnt tested it or have a video of it but from the comments below this also applys to thursar cladegift Battle Cry that gives 20 str.

I want to know if this is intended or if its a bugg, it kinda results as the clade gifts being half useless?

Last edited:

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
heard it was the same with the +20 str thursar clade gift too (for bows).
you get the +20 str for damage, but the stam penalty system doesn't get it.

Reactions: Craksh and Bicorps

Craksh

Jun 15, 2020
heard it was the same with the +20 str thursar clade gift too (for bows).
you get the +20 str for damage, but the stam penalty system doesn't get it.

However thursars does not have +20 str clade gift so what do you mean?

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
However thursars does not have +20 str clade gift so what do you mean?
thursars have a temporary buff that gives +20 str : it has the same bug while using bows with it : the game recognize the +20 str for dmg, but not to check if you are over str req ... and gives you the stam penalty of being under str.

Craksh

Jun 15, 2020
thursars have a temporary buff that gives +20 str : it has the same bug while using bows with it : the game recognize the +20 str for dmg, but not to check if you are over str req ... and gives you the stam penalty of being under str.
Ah sorry, I missed that one. Nice find! Does the Adrenaline buff works for bows aswell?

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
Ah sorry, I missed that one. Nice find! Does the Adrenaline buff works for bows aswell?
i don't know, but even if it doesn't now, it might be bugged since it touches stam drain penalty ... you should test it after they fix this clade bug.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Comparing apples with oranges and wondering about the result.
Like you already said, the weak build has with clade gift 83 str, and the strong one that has 92 str (actually the video shows 94).
Stamina drain is determined by the difference between character str and bow str.

So the weak character got 5 str more str than the bow.
The strong one got 18 str more than the bow.
Therefore of cause the strong character without clade gift drains less stamina than the weak one with clade gift.

I tested the clade gifts myself. With them you will notice that your bow will drain less stamina than before, even through the bow was also without the clade gift in the STR range.

My Sheevra is able to use up to 80 STR bows without draining stamina when standing still. With clade gift I'm able to use a 90 STR bow and also got no stam drain.

Last edited:
Reactions: Najwalaylah

Craksh

Jun 15, 2020
Comparing apples with oranges and wondering about the result.
Like you already said, the weak build has with clade gift 83 str, and the strong one that has 92 str (actually the video shows 94).
Stamina drain is determined by the difference between character str and bow str.

So the weak character got 5 str more str than the bow.
The strong one got 18 str more than the bow.
Therefore of cause the strong character without clade gift drains less stamina than the weak one with clade gift.

I tested the clade gifts myself. With them you will notice that your bow will drain less stamina than before, even through the bow was also without the clade gift in the STR range.

My Sheevra is able to use up to 80 STR bows without draining stamina when standing still. With clade gift I'm able to use a 90 STR bow and also got no stam drain.
I like how you try to downtalk the topic. Sadly its not true since i already tried this with the exact original strength differnece. Please dont make statements like youve tried it. I expected more from a Long time member. I Will however make a new video now to show you wrong incase the devs trust your visious tounge.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I like how you try to downtalk the topic. Sadly its not true since i already tried this with the exact original strength differnece. Please dont make statements like youve tried it. I expected more from a Long time member. I Will however make a new video now to show you wrong incase the devs trust your visious tounge.
Of cause I've tried it. I'm running a foot archer build. But I will test again.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Just tested it again. I've done you wrong. The behaviour indeed changed... Even found some old footage which shows different behaviour in the past.

Edit: Comparing the new behavior with the old one...

Last edited: