Alpha FPS issues?

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
i dont think any people on the previous post that got deleted did want to abuse or exploit, they just wanted to be able to run the alpha and combat test...
Personally if you know me a bit, you know i am very against exploiting cheating and all that stuffs, you might also know i never been banned ingame in MO on any of my account since 2010.
When i started the alpha, first thing i tried was disabling shadows (like it was possible in MO1 right ? View attachment 377
because i couldnt do much ingame, and at minimal settings not only it was ugly, but there is a very important clipping with the shadows.
Please try to not see malicious meaning behind all that kind of actions ,because you are wrong. Because it is not "the game isnt running properly for me " it is more like " this dev studio is unable to freaking optimize things once again and multiples people who can run many recent games cannot properly run this one"

I guess I´ll take out shadows from my post since that is a legitimate complaint. You are missing my point though. It´s not about specific things that someone changes, but how someone argues.

Arguing for SV to put in an option to remove shadows is good, arguing that you should be allowed to modify the game files is bad. The first is giving good feedback, the second shows entitlement. The rules were and are quite clear from the start. People argued that they should not have to follow the rules because of various reasons. I think that is a slippery slope, you are welcome to disagree with that.

I also think that going around SV actually waters down feedback in the end. Everyone gets used to the work around and no one tells SV how bad it is without it.

Reactions: Rhias

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
How so... you can still see everything just fine. The level of graphics doesn't change what you see, just makes the graphics look like junk is all.

There is no advantage with the guide because absolutely everyone can do this if they felt like it. If you can't run the game in such a way that makes it playable for you, then i suggest to use this guide and bring your fps up to be more competitive if that's what you are trying to do. Otherwise you are just wanting to see better graphics and that's purely your choice.
Mate you are ENLARGING other ppls hitbox so you can aim better, how is that not an advantage? Im aware everyone can do it, thats why Im asking personally to Mr Henrik to get it removed as it forces ppl that invested into a good rig to downgrade their graphics in order to be competitive.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
I guess I´ll take out shadows from my post since that is a legitimate complaint. You are missing my point though. It´s not about specific things that someone changes, but how someone argues.

Arguing for SV to put in an option to remove shadows is good, arguing that you should be allowed to modify the game files is bad. The first is giving good feedback, the second shows entitlement. The rules were and are quite clear from the start. People argued that they should not have to follow the rules because of various reasons. I think that is a slippery slope, you are welcome to disagree with that.

I also think that going around SV actually waters down feedback in the end. Everyone gets used to the work around and no one tells SV how bad it is without it.

I absolutely love how you, and others like Phen, try to paint this picture like we're trying to allow people to do as they please to any files of the game.

Yes, absolutely! Star Vault should allow me to delete in-game objects such as bushes and walls so I can see through them! It's unfair, WAAAH WAAAH let me delete these things WAAAAH. /sarcasm

You guys are either so willfully ignorant or mislead it hurts.

There were people who could not run the game, even on the lowest settings; and even on lower resolutions (As the game QUITE LITERALLY runs worse for most people on lower resolutions.) I had no problem running the game around 80 FPS, but I wanted my game to run smoother and I also had several friends who were literally getting 20-30 FPS. People who were originally PvP vets of MO1, but couldn't play the combat alpha they had to pay to get into even when meeting either the minimum or recommended specs.

I love how people are more concerned with looking at what I did, which was objectively just trying to help people play, and say "haha i told you so, i told you so!! you're so mad! you are so upset!!" and then would praise the efforts of someone who reports you if they get called 'dumb' or puts up quite literally common sense knowledge of how to improve FPS in games.

But here is the kicker, I've said several times through out people arguing with me in the discord that I would be 100% okay if they added options for lower-spec players to join into their alpha without being mislead OR having better optimization. But in my head, it makes less sense for it to be labeled a combat alpha and cry wolf when the players who ARE there, aren't trying to test optimization - but rather the combat as the name implies.

Point being, plenty of games allow .ini editing so that players have a better user experience when playing their game. If Star Vault wants to disallow it, disallow it then. The people who think that is 'normal' are very much strange in my eyes. But if the game was to force you FOR EXAMPLE to play with shadows on or anti-aliasing on, you'll find in the future players are going to resist that very much unless it runs to their liking.

No one wanted to abuse the files, no one wanted to be malicious in their editing of the USER SETTINGS. People just wanted the game to run so they could play, and telling people to play on a 800x600 resolution is not a solution in the slightest. Telling people to run it on DX11 isn't a solution, as I get WORSE FPS on DX11. Telling people to run the game at minimum isn't a solution because the game at times looks much worse then MO1 and as Keurk pointed out, shadows on minimum are actually just messed up.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
Mate you are ENLARGING other ppls hitbox so you can aim better, how is that not an advantage? Im aware everyone can do it, thats why Im asking personally to Mr Henrik to get it removed as it forces ppl that invested into a good rig to downgrade their graphics in order to be competitive.

I know right? The funny thing is, Perro is being completely sarcastic but even in MO1 people did this as a legit thing when playing a foot archer for example.

Wouldn't be surprised to see it carry over.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
I´m actually not attacking any one person but a way of thinking. If I was would be quoting said person.

Again, I´m all for options and optimization. I am against normalizing fucking around with the game files because of good reason X.

I´m not saying that anyone is exploiting, but that this is the exact same thinking that will lead to exploitation.

One can use a flawed argument without being a flawed person.

@Resolution
I think the devs should put a hard limit on what they think is fair. FOV and resolution obviously impact aiming in major ways that need to be considered.

Reactions: Keurk

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Please stop responding to this post if you aren't here to help.

Thank you.
-Phen

Lasciel

Oct 3, 2020
RAM... Random Access Memory. With less stuff clogging up the ram has more space to do as it needs. Yes i used a term most disagree with, though if you look at how we use ram in computers, we add more ram to give us quicker information transfers. Which is why they have a number at the end like 3200Mhz.

Mhz : a measure of the frequency of radio transmissions or the clock speed of a computer.

As you can see the definition uses the word speed. By allowing your computer to have less information clogging those Mhz you gain clock speed. I understand that most people will fight this all day long and I'm okay with that.

This is what what Razer Cortex does: Game Booster improves your PC performance by managing and killing processes and apps you don't need while gaming (like business apps and background helpers). This frees up valuable resources and RAM needed for games, resulting in higher frames per second and smoother gaming performance.

We do not add more RAM to give us quicker information transfers, we increase the speed of the RAM and other things to achieve this. You're just proving that you don't know what you're talking about while speaking of definitions.

You're misunderstanding that it isn't a term most "disagree" with, it's simply the wrong term. If you're telling people in your optimization guide that the program you recommend increases RAM speed (i.e, the MHZ of the ram) you're misinforming them. Plenty of people are not knowledgeable about computers, so terminology matters.

Game booster, or Razor Cortex, does not improve computer performance directly. For people who are exceeding, or have low memory threshold already, it can allow them a "smoother" game experience, by having less freezes, but not a direct impact on FPS.

@Lasciel I'm not sure where you read that it increase FPS on my post.. i was just stating that in opens up Ram speed, this can help players who don't have a lot of ram. Please show me where i stated that it helps FPS.

So you do believe that Razor Cortex increases FPS, or you don't? At one point you deny it increases FPS, and now you say it does. What does it do? Do you know?

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
[
We do not add more RAM to give us quicker information transfers, we increase the speed of the RAM and other things to achieve this. You're just proving that you don't know what you're talking about while speaking of definitions.

You're misunderstanding that it isn't a term most "disagree" with, it's simply the wrong term. If you're telling people in your optimization guide that the program you recommend increases RAM speed (i.e, the MHZ of the ram) you're misinforming them. Plenty of people are not knowledgeable about computers, so terminology matters.

Game booster, or Razor Cortex, does not improve computer performance directly. For people who are exceeding, or have low memory threshold already, it can allow them a "smoother" game experience, by having less freezes, but not a direct impact on FPS.

So you do believe that Razor Cortex increases FPS, or you don't? At one point you deny it increases FPS, and now you say it does. What does it do? Do you know?

Okay then take out all your ram but one and see what happens.. im 100% sure your computer's performance will drop... If not show me the spec difference through "User benchmark" and prove me wrong please...

When you clear up space in your ram your computer should open things up quicker and have less issues loading.

I did not say that Cortex increase FPS that what google pulled from razors website.. If you can prove them wrong, go make a ton of money by suing them for false advertising.
This post is meant to help player who are having troubles running the game... Are you having troubles running it?

Lasciel

Oct 3, 2020
[

Okay then take out all your ram but one and see what happens.. im 100% sure your computer's performance will drop... If not show me the spec difference through "User benchmark" and prove me wrong please...

When you clear up space in your ram your computer should open things up quicker and have less issues loading.

I did not say that Cortex increase FPS that what google pulled from razors website.. If you can prove them wrong, go make a ton of money by suing them for false advertising.
This post is meant to help player who are having troubles running the game... Are you having troubles running it?

Why would I take out all my RAM? I literally said that people with low memory would benefit from it, but it won't really increase FPS directly. The majority of people, especially ones that meet minimum specifications, will not benefit in any FPS related manner from this. Razor Cortex does not increase speed it frees up memory. Do you understand what I'm saying? I literally said that it would provide benefits regarding freezing, but this doesn't impact FPS.

I wonder if there is a language barrier here, I assume English isn't your first language.

Reactions: JourdainDeSullivan

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Why would I take out all my RAM? I literally said that people with low memory would benefit from it, but it won't really increase FPS directly. The majority of people, especially ones that meet minimum specifications, will not benefit in any FPS related manner from this. Razor Cortex does not increase speed it frees up memory. Do you understand what I'm saying? I literally said that it would provide benefits regarding freezing, but this doesn't impact FPS.

I wonder if there is a language barrier here, I assume English isn't your first language.

Well if you really believe that the Cortex doesn't do as they say, you can make a lot of money IF you can prove them wrong...

Sadly i don't think you can, because many people use it to have a smoother gaming experience.

Lasciel

Oct 3, 2020
Well if you really believe that the Cortex doesn't do as they say, you can make a lot of money IF you can prove them wrong...

Sadly i don't think you can, because many people use it to have a smoother gaming experience.

I'm pretty sure you've downloaded more RAM at some point.

Reactions: JourdainDeSullivan