Allow people to scribe for players in trade window

Anorexoecist

Feb 16, 2022
Having to hand over items and scrolls as the only way to have something scribed doesn’t make sense. One way to resolve this would be to allow players to scribe via the trade window without handing it over physically. This was something that was possible for repairs and other thing in Ultima Online. It would bring more business possibility to scribes and not put players in extreme risk if they have a coveted set of scrolls they need scribed.

since there’s a fail rate (which is fine) , it doesn’t take any effort for someone to claim they failed and then just keep the scroll. Players have no way to safely have someone scribe without knowing the actual status of the service they are having done.

Reactions: Kelzyr and CrgHck

Kbear

May 28, 2020
In MO1 there was the ability to trasfer spells from one book to another. This reduces the risk in transferring an expensive book and scroll to another player in the hope the player will honor the deal.

I for one would not hand over my Lex of Death spell book + scrolls to another player to scribe unless I really trust them.
One person who I approached to scribe recently was Keg in Bakti. He scribed the spells and returned the book. Highly recommended.

Reactions: Midkemma and CrgHck

Anorexoecist

Feb 16, 2022
It does make sense to require trust, it is like the only thing that matters in this game is reputation, why anyone would want to remove it ?
Because while that’s a nice idea, there’s a very real world cost for people. It’s not just politics.

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
Because while that’s a nice idea, there’s a very real world cost for people. It’s not just politics.

Real world cost for someone stealing your magical spellbook ? ok...

Also the whole point is to find a person / entity that doesn't do that and builds a reputation on not doing it. If only there was a guild like that in Hyllspeia :p

Ichorous

May 28, 2020
Respectfully, I disagree with this suggestion. Instead of making the customer provide the materials and take the risk of failed inscription, scribes can purchase scrolls and empty spellbooks, fill the spellbooks, and sell them as products. In other words, a scribe can buy their own materials and craft something out them. That's what crafters do.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
No point suggesting they make the game less frustrating to play. People just going to respond with buh much hardcore experience of getting scammed is part of game

Reactions: Yucko

Ichorous

May 28, 2020
No point suggesting they make the game less frustrating to play. People just going to respond with buh much hardcore experience of getting scammed is part of game
Opportunities to scam and to be scammed actually are part of the game. Some of the most legendary players in MO1 were famous for epic cons while others were famous for never breaking their word.

Honesty is one of the metagames.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Opportunities to scam and to be scammed actually are part of the game. Some of the most legendary players in MO1 were famous for epic cons while others were famous for never breaking their word.

Honesty is one of the metagames.

Yep here we go folks knew it was coming. Buh scamming is part of duh game

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
You act like that is such a ridiculous notion. Do you not believe that people would enjoy making a game out of scamming other players?

I do and people like that ruin pvp games. So no I don't think scamming people is a valid form of gameplay. It just leads to a increasingly more toxic playerbase. Games are supposed to be fun

Ichorous

May 28, 2020
I do and people like that ruin pvp games. So no I don't think scamming people is a valid form of gameplay. It just leads to a increasingly more toxic playerbase. Games are supposed to be fun
You're entitled to your opinion about what is and isn't valid gameplay (whatever that means).

I'm not a scammer and I don't find it fun to scam people. However, I find that the possibility of getting scammed by other players makes the game more interesting and fun for me.

How does scamming people lead to an increasingly toxic playerbase? That's an interesting conclusion.

Reactions: Raknor

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Every guild has their own scriber(s), ask those guild mates. And single players could find trust able players in the forum. This system worked in MO1, and there is always some risk in trading besides the auction house.

In worst case try to buy a skill book with the needed spells in the auction house.

Reactions: Najwalaylah