Alchemy Table Note

Tehmudjin

May 28, 2020
Inside your palisade
I noticed a page on the alchemist table that I recognized.

It turns out that its a page from a real, existing, 600 year old book called the Voynich-manuscript that is written in chipher and hasnt been decoded to this day. The manuscript is suspected by some to contain old alchemy secrets that was written in code to prevent this knowledge from being stolen.

Although this was a really cool detail to find in game, I feel that it does break the lore a little bit. What do you guys think?

VoynichMohki.jpg

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
It´s probably just an asset from the store like many other things.

The world looks good but the character is missing. I think lore went on the backburner in order to finish all the places.

I mean the khurite homes all have the same interior as the ones in Fabernum.

Tehmudjin

May 28, 2020
Inside your palisade
It´s probably just an asset from the store like many other things.

The world looks good but the character is missing. I think lore went on the backburner in order to finish all the places.

I mean the khurite homes all have the same interior as the ones in Fabernum.

Yes, but if they had to build details like that we would add another 1-2 years to development. Hopefully we can get updates like that later. Put an intern on it or something.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Yes, but if they had to build details like that we would add another 1-2 years to development. Hopefully we can get updates like that later. Put an intern on it or something.

Considering that Henrik claimed that lore would be a priority this time around (see announcement) using generic assets in the interior of khurites villages seems pretty cynical. Especially since you could leave the houses barren and no one would care. Then add khurite specific items over time. That would actually not add any time before launch.

Ebenminx

Aug 4, 2020
United States
That is so cool! zomg i want this old dudes secret alchemy recipes So i can Cast fireballs on some Random Real life cats! it doesn't seem to hard to figure out i think they are approaching the alphabet incorrectly with the deciphering :p Looks as if the Language is written backwards similar to Arabic
wiki link lol <3 not forwards as left to right as the Latin would be o_O But backwards as in Forwards as in The letters are backwards but the Punctuations are forwards.

Last edited:

Tehmudjin

May 28, 2020
Inside your palisade
That is so cool! zomg i want this old dudes secret alchemy recipes So i can Cast fireballs on some Random Real life cats! it doesn't seem to hard to figure out i think they are approaching the alphabet incorrectly with the deciphering :p Looks as if the Language is written backwards similar to Arabic
wiki link lol <3 not forwards as left to right as the Latin would be o_O But backwards as in Forwards as in The letters are backwards but the Punctuations are forwards.

I think the whole thing is just a scam someone made to sell. Still cool tho.

Ebenminx

Aug 4, 2020
United States
Rofl, not sure what u mean by warranted @ Eldrath( like someone owns the rights so i cant decipher?) and Ayayay a scam no way some old alchemist wrote this in the 1600's i can tell :p. Not sure why it would technically be a scam seems theres a bit fo History to the book, It jsut can seem to be deciphered is all :) which i find fascinating that a book form the 1600 imperial alchemical era in the year 2020 still holds secrets :). It was definately written so it seems and you can tell by the Writing type late dark medieval period. Say at least 15 plus diff recent authors in the past 4 decades have tried to decipher but no one can make sense of it lol... Maybe it is a scam because of this maybe its just a puzzle of alchemy ingredients more then likely :). I am almost sure that the one flower is A Belladonna cause of how its is drawn with poisonous teeth :). The smiliarity of the top flower i am prolly wrong but fun lol :)

By Unknown author - Beinecke Rare Book &amp; Manuscript Library, Yale University ([1])., Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=7981762

Attachments

• Voynich_Manuscript_(32).jpg
    Voynich_Manuscript_(32).jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 8
  • belladonna.jpg
    belladonna.jpg
    497.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Eat

Nov 25, 2020
Rofl, not sure what u mean by warranted @ Eldrath( like someone owns the rights so i cant decipher?) and Ayayay a scam no way some old alchemist wrote this in the 1600's i can tell :p. Not sure why it would technically be a scam seems theres a bit fo History to the book, It jsut can seem to be deciphered is all :) which i find fascinating that a book form the 1600 imperial alchemical era in the year 2020 still holds secrets :). It was definately written so it seems and you can tell by the Writing type late dark medieval period. Say at least 15 plus diff recent authors in the past 4 decades have tried to decipher but no one can make sense of it lol... Maybe it is a scam because of this maybe its just a puzzle of alchemy ingredients more then likely :). I am almost sure that the one flower is A Belladonna cause of how its is drawn with poisonous teeth :). The smiliarity of the top flower i am prolly wrong but fun lol :)

By Unknown author - Beinecke Rare Book &amp; Manuscript Library, Yale University ([1])., Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=7981762
I think what he is saying is there isn't much of a point getting excited from it... at least that's what I'm getting from the convo... could be wrong.

Reactions: Ebenminx

Eat

Nov 25, 2020
Henrik did say players would be able to rent houses in the cities. :)
I hope he's not shitting us... this is something i want is to have the city filled, vs MO1 tind where there are buildings you cant even go into.

Reactions: Kuroi