Aiming Technique Removal

May 4, 2024
With the stream lining of skills with the upcoming patch, I recommend also removing aiming technique from the game. There is no reason for this skill besides being another point sync to the game in order to access controlled aiming. Additionally, this skill bypasses the hidden bow strength requirements that knowledgeable users are aware of; reducing the hidden knowledge requirements that the game prides itself on.

Skills should be restructured as follows:
  • Ranged Combat
    • Archery
      • Controlled Aiming
        • Marksmanship

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Couldn't agree more.
Specifically related to mounted archery, the additional primaries should simply add damage and weak spot chance, not remove an artificial wobble placed for the sole purpose of making people miss shots.
Whomever came up with the idea of that artificial wobble, as a way to “balance” mounted archery, is a terrible person.

May 4, 2024
Couldn't agree more.
Specifically related to mounted archery, the additional primaries should simply add damage and weak spot chance, not remove an artificial wobble placed for the sole purpose of making people miss shots.
Whomever came up with the idea of that artificial wobble, as a way to “balance” mounted archery, is a terrible person.
1000% agree. In MO1 we had a breath hold mechanic that straightened the wobble. The skills for MO1 made sense given how that mechanic worked. The ONLY reason wobble was added to MA was to quell the Fullgrain Leather enjoyers tears. They were the only ones getting dunked by MAs. Even today, I hit steel armored thursars with +7% pierce damage for 9. Yes NINE damage. Very OP...

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Couldn't agree more.

It's bad yeah, but the amount of shit you can already do as a mounted is crazy. They were just trying to make it so people couldn't use MA to fight and keep full combat. However, the way those guys go after you, they are right beside you, so the wobble doesn't matter.

I've rarely used 100 controlled; just when it launched to see what it was like. 60 is nice, which is just 'unlocked.' It's interesting that they are changing skills around tho. I def wanna see what it turns out to be. Maybe I'll wanna play.

Sally

Dec 2, 2023
No.. I'm sorry.. But no.

This is the wrong direction for one very clear reason : It is hybrid friendly.

We need things to be point sinks so that people don't make everything builds.

I get it, people hate the idea of limitation, but that stops everyone being some disgusting franken-build that can just do everything. The game already has too many skill points, this would just make it worse. Then factor in that they intend to add a veteran system.. I just think it wouldn't be a good idea.

In regards to archery, it would be fine if they just nerfed heavy armor and made the arrows move faster.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
No.. I'm sorry.. But no.

I get it, people hate the idea of limitation, but that stops everyone being some disgusting franken-build that can just do everything. The game already has too many skill points, this would just make it worse. Then factor in that they intend to add a veteran system.. I just think it wouldn't be a good idea.

In regards to archery, it would be fine if they just nerfed heavy armor and made the arrows move faster.

I think there can be another way. I find it hard to believe dude is trying to make hybrids when he posted another thread talking about how he wanted to limit them.

May 4, 2024
No.. I'm sorry.. But no.

Wait until you find out that good players don't run aiming technique or controlled aiming. There goes your point argument.

Attachments

• surprised-pikachu-meme-9hr3m00xff0rp1nc.jpg
    surprised-pikachu-meme-9hr3m00xff0rp1nc.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 0

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Wait until you find out that good players don't run aiming technique or controlled aiming. There goes your point argument.

people who ride beside you and shoot at your horse, yea. It works especially if they are not able to return attack, but all those builds w/o even 100 MA, I can't see how it's possible for them to hit good shots.

I used to play basketball games online w/ lag where shooting a free throw was done with "the T meter." And that was basically a cross. There was a LR one and an up down one, and you had to stop the target in the middle. With lag it could be pretty hard, but it was rhythm based. Some of those low MA wobbles are way more egregious than shooting FTs with the worst FT shooter on the highest difficulty. And you have to take into account trajectory.

It's close to as bad as the wobble you get when trying to run and shoot. I find it super hard to believe people are hitting those shots at range. But yea people who wanna just ride up by you and shoot then kill you on the ground, I am not even that mad at that. I could farm stuff on my khurite with just the mounted clade gift (full arch tho.)

But while I imagine I could probably practice til I knew the release point, it would still be tough at that level, lots of room for error. Def don't need full AT tho.

____

Again, I agree people should have to spec 100 in stuff to use it effectively on mount.