Aiming and Target Name Text

sigrace

Dec 10, 2020
So, I was testing a bow the other day and was having a fun time trying to hit Springbok from a good range. When I got closer the name of my target popped up under my aiming reticle. The problem was the text covered my target, making it hard to see when it started to move.

Suggestions:
-Give the reticle name a lower transparency and/or smaller size and/or move it somewhere else on screen.
-Give options to customize our reticle. (It would be nice to have the option to add a cross hair and a few lines underneath to help aim at distances.)

Nesato

Nov 26, 2020
From Portugal
I don't particularly like the 2nd option because if its optional but better then everyone will use it so I see no point in it being optional. I don't know if a lot of the community will agree to it though, you'd need to cast a vote or something.
The first suggestion I agree with, increasing transparency when your weapon is drawn, though moving it, I think would only make it more confusing.

sigrace

Dec 10, 2020
I don't particularly like the 2nd option because if its optional but better then everyone will use it so I see no point in it being optional. I don't know if a lot of the community will agree to it though, you'd need to cast a vote or something.

Maybe they won't like the option and that's fine. They are entitled to their opinion. If SV decided not to I'll just add my own third party.

The first suggestion I agree with, increasing transparency when your weapon is drawn, though moving it, I think would only make it more confusing.
It might be if it's moved to far. I'm thinking more like move it down or to the side an inch or two so it's not in direct center.

remove the reticle for god sake its not fortnite
With a reticle option, you would be able to ;)

sigrace

Dec 10, 2020
remove reticle, aim with tip of arrow, already have target plate with name/hp on screen elsewhere.
I'd be down for that. Problem currently is the arrow tip is not an accurate indication of where the arrow will fly. It moves depending on your character model position and the angle you're aiming. It's very slight, but enough to throw off your aim at extreme ranges. It's nothing like MO1's hands that sporadically move to strange locations, which I give SV credit for fixing up.

Vagrant

Oct 8, 2020
no fixed address
yea you get to choose, the reticle version is more accurate now, the tip not so much - just going on target practice in town with short bow