Advertising the game

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
Game comes out in 3 weeks. It's time to roll out the advertisement to ramp up the community for launch. If there was a time to advertise for this game and increase awareness and playerbase size, that time is right now. Immediately. This moment.

Do it. Put out some ads already. The time is ripe. Only excuse not to now, is if launch is delayed. Since we're 3 weeks out and haven't heard of any delays, I want to see some ads.

Now.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Buy this game and then pay 15$ a month, and then you too can splash around in the ocean wide puddle that is mortal online 2. enjoy riding for hours on end in our overly large, empty world, on your heavily limited single character slot. Everyone is welcome here in our open pvp game. Except pvp'ers, because they might end up killing nubs who didnt want to pvp in an open pvp game. They probobly did this because nobody would fight them, and we didnt add anywhere worth fighting over (and if we did it would be an hour ride to get there), but we dont need to fix this because we can just punish pvp.

Reactions: RaptorBlackz

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
Buy this game and then pay 15$ a month, and then you too can splash around in the ocean wide puddle that is mortal online 2. enjoy riding for hours on end in our overly large, empty world, on your heavily limited single character slot. Everyone is welcome here in our open pvp game. Except pvp'ers, because they might end up killing nubs who didnt want to pvp in an open pvp game. They probobly did this because nobody would fight them, and we didnt add anywhere worth fighting over (and if we did it would be an hour ride to get there), but we dont need to fix this because we can just punish pvp.
I'm 100% behind the idea of delaying launch and sorting the game out for a few more months. BUT Starvault has not announced any such intention. So, if theyre going to launch this game in 3 weeks, the appropriate move now is to advertise to amp up for release.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Henrik is probably riding on the belief that the 100k+ Wishlists on Steam with the game on it means he doesn't have to advertise the game. It doesn't matter that people have games on their wishlist they never buy.

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
Henrik is probably riding on the belief that the 100k+ Wishlists on Steam with the game on it means he doesn't have to advertise the game. It doesn't matter that people have games on their wishlist they never buy.

But Henrik said the game will be advertised. It's time for him to make good on his word and start that advertisement. Not in 3 weeks. Not after release. Now is the hour.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
There's been quite a number of Youtube videos popping up in the past several months or so, with content creators promoting the game and giving personal opinions on what they liked and didn't like.

On top of that, there has been a slew of community-made guides and pvp videos that showcase the game in a way that no conventional advertising ever could.

Should SV do some advertising for the game? Sure, if they have the funds and decide to do it. As it is, there's no shortage of videos out there doing just that. Here is a brief sample:

https://youtu.be/ISPe6QUL_7U

https://youtu.be/klzDoyhJgTY

https://youtu.be/LG9PhpRah1Y

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
There's been quite a number of Youtube videos popping up in the past several months or so, with content creators promoting the game and giving personal opinions on what they liked and didn't like.

On top of that, there has been a slew of community-made guides and pvp videos that showcase the game in a way that no conventional advertising ever could.

Should SV do some advertising for the game? Sure, if they have the funds and decide to do it. As it is, there's no shortage of videos out there doing just that.

Henrik/SV committed to advertising for the game, and while streamers and content creators are doing their part to help spread awareness, there is a wider audience to be reached that requires some $$.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021

This is what I'm thinking.

I wish list stuff just to go back and look at it, not because I plan to purchase it. I'd say 10%, if not less then what I wish list actually ends up bought for me.

I'm going to play MO2 at launch, but I just feel like at this point delaying it will only cause more problems then solving it - but on the flipside they shouldn't have dead lined themselves like this. This game honestly needed another year to bake fully, then it should of released onto steam for purchase; then 2-3 months out it should of had a release.

That way we could of had all of the fundamental features by then, balanced properly, with a good amount of polish (hopefully) on it all.

PvP still needs a lot of work, so does PvE, there are still terrain splits / bugs, no thievery, no sieging, etc.

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
This is what I'm thinking.

I wish list stuff just to go back and look at it, not because I plan to purchase it. I'd say 10%, if not less then what I wish list actually ends up bought for me.

I'm going to play MO2 at launch, but I just feel like at this point delaying it will only cause more problems then solving it - but on the flipside they shouldn't have dead lined themselves like this. This game honestly needed another year to bake fully, then it should of released onto steam for purchase; then 2-3 months out it should of had a release.

That way we could of had all of the fundamental features by then, balanced properly, with a good amount of polish (hopefully) on it all.

PvP still needs a lot of work, so does PvE, there are still terrain splits / bugs, no thievery, no sieging, etc.

Yeah, I get that feeling man. I would say they probably need another few months to clean up the game to an acceptable state.. but they set their own deadline here so they need to follow through and not half-ass it if they're going to launch in a few weeks here. Advertising is part of a successful launch.

Lasrod

Jan 12, 2021
Maybe they are a bit worried that there will be a too large influx of players on release. The game cannot handle too many players so there has to be a good balance. Henrik have even mentioned in the streams that they might need to pause sales if there is too many player simultaneously. So if Henrik already belive there will be a huge amount of players at release then it could be good to do the advertising later when the majority of the release hype have started to cool down.

pooternackle

Mar 21, 2021
Maybe they are a bit worried that there will be a too large influx of players on release. The game cannot handle too many players so there has to be a good balance. Henrik have even mentioned in the streams that they might need to pause sales if there is too many player simultaneously. So if Henrik already belive there will be a huge amount of players at release then it could be good to do the advertising later when the majority of the release hype have started to cool down.

I sort of suspect this is the case too. The stress tests proved that this game can only handle so many people in the same place, and at launch, there will be lots of people grouped together in the same cities.

Reactions: Lasrod

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020

Yeah, but this is actually an argument for earlier advertising. If people start preordering the game and playing now, the population will increase and SV will have better data for server stress on release. If the server get choked now, it's much preferred to a spotty unplayable launch. So really it's a good reason to grow the community right now instead of down the line.

Reactions: [CTX] Contractor