Add Secondary Horse Taming

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Yeah def this. We don't want to steal jobs from tamers, but being able to tame a low level horsie with no skill points invested would be great. Having at least 30 points invested (though it's a pain with 30) in taming feels mandatory especially now after you moved red priests into the middle of nowhere. Having 16 creature control to be able to ride anything in a game where you can't avoid riding something on every char hurts too but not that much.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
taming with animal care should be professions. They can even make advance taming and double the level you needed to tame.

Along with adding advanced advanced creature control that require more points in that line of skills to balance the loss of taming as a primary.

Reactions: TheOnlyRook

WafeeHossain

Jun 5, 2020
taming with animal care should be professions. They can even make advance taming and double the level you needed to tame.

Along with adding advanced advanced creature control that require more points in that line of skills to balance the loss of taming as a primary.

I agree, taming's a profession whereas domination should remain action

Finnley

Jul 8, 2020
Taming as a secoundary is in my opinion the wrong way since you could tame combat pets without investing points.
A better solution in my opinion would be to reduce the requiered taming skill for horses to like 10 taming or something

Reactions: WafeeHossain

Vrenmar

Nov 21, 2020
Taming as a secoundary is in my opinion the wrong way since you could tame combat pets without investing points.
A better solution in my opinion would be to reduce the requiered taming skill for horses to like 10 taming or something

Taming as secondary would work if they made beastmastery actually do something or replace taming with something useful for combat pets. Taming and breeding when in should be moved to profession imo. Animal care should be moved under profession under Taming. They could add a new skill useful for combat pets so the skill point usage would be the same.

To be fair it's hard to balance anything when Taming as a playstyle isn't even halfway implemented.

Reactions: Finnley

WafeeHossain

Jun 5, 2020
Only need 30 point in it to get them reliably 50 idms guaranteed it seems

Just lowered taming to 30, and with 100 equidae and mammalia it took me around 25 mins failing and chasing the horse around before It was a successful tame

Veeshan

Jan 29, 2022
Just lowered taming to 30, and with 100 equidae and mammalia it took me around 25 mins failing and chasing the horse around before It was a successful tame
at 50 i never fail think at 50 its garanteed tame up to level 120 or something.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
taming needs to be a profession with another level for creature control added to balance out not having taming as a action.