Add Blocking with bows

ATC Forgiven

Jul 27, 2021
I think there should be a trade off for sure. What I would like to see is the equivalent of a handle strike or shield bash so that I can finish a mercied animal or player. Other than that I do agree (that i should be nowhere near capable of defending myself against any armed attacker with a dedicated pvp tool.

Reactions: Moored and Kokolo

ChonoKhan

Nov 17, 2020
That would become almost as toxic as Mages blocking metal weapons with their fists again. Though I support improvements to Archery and Mounted Archery... no... No blocking with bows. Carry a melee weapon with you for that, I don't wanna see Jackie Chan Archers roaming the world.

D

Deleted member 44

1. you cant compare the 1vs1 DPS of a ranged weapon with a sword, hilarious
2. you buff the bows and reduce the sway with dex if foot archery is too bad
3. no
What armor were you using? Damage seems kinda high.

Golgotha

Jul 18, 2020
Durability loss of equipment should equal Material Hardness of attacking weapon vs Material Hardness of defending weapon. Also, make it so dental, horn and crepite have a negative modifier to these totals due to a brittleness created when under tension/pressure of the bent bow giving woods more use.

Heavy metal weapons will utterly destroy the bow pretty quick if used to block. The damage of the bow will drop fast (if not break it) if the archer decides to use his bow to defend, but sometimes it may feel worth the decision to give up your bow damage vs your health. May even need to carry multiple.

Would also potentially give reason to use other materials in the bow makeup, rather than just pure cookie cutter bows that currently exist.

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
You cant block with a bow due to the fact it would be too brokenly strong.

You can block a melee weapon, but no one can block arrows?

Bows would turn into the best weapon in the game.

Reactions: Kokolo and Rorry