Add a primary to not fizzle on a horse

Tzone

May 16, 2021
The only person making decent points on that podcast was aldween.

Crossbows are going to be FFs focus firing crossbows at other FFs once then not using it for the rest of the fight.
Everygame slasher with directional combat like chiv when crossbows are involved it becomes a gimmicky cheese tool that hurts the footfighting even more. It doesnt add a new playstyle of crossbow, it just takes away from archery and disrupts competitive play. If a player is skilled enough 1v3 a fight crossbows which in games naturally end up with low skill floors will be used to easily kill players with low effort during over pop fights.
They could just fix up archery to fill the need for ranged dismounts, they could add range weapons like caltrops which will not disrupted foot fighting.

For the sake of the game I hope they dont add crossbows. They can even get archery working correctly yet. It is not the right decision for the gameplay.

For FM on a horse you get rid of you main weakness which is lack of movement. You don't even need controlled riding to use magic just as effectively as another mage with CR. The only thing CR does is help you with other mounteds. Not FFs.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
The only person making decent points on that podcast was aldween.

Crossbows are going to be FFs focus firing crossbows at other FFs once then not using it for the rest of the fight.
Everygame slasher with directional combat like chiv when crossbows are involved it becomes a gimmicky cheese tool that hurts the footfighting even more. It doesnt add a new playstyle of crossbow, it just takes away from archery and disrupts competitive play. If a player is skilled enough 1v3 a fight crossbows which in games naturally end up with low skill floors will be used to easily kill players with low effort during over pop fights.
They could just fix up archery to fill the need for ranged dismounts, they could add range weapons like caltrops which will not disrupted foot fighting.

For the sake of the game I hope they dont add crossbows. They can even get archery working correctly yet. It is not the right decision for the gameplay.

For FM on a horse you get rid of you main weakness which is lack of movement. You don't even need controlled riding to use magic just as effectively as another mage with CR. The only thing CR does is help you with other mounteds. Not FFs.

I agree on that. Imo it should be a ranged dismount tool. Maybe under certain conditions. If the Horse HP drop below 60 % and if you land a clean Headshot. The Crossbow should not be too strong for ground combat but that is just my personal opinion and i say that as someone who played a Hybrid between Mounted Combat and a Footfighter in MO1l and plan to play one in MO2 aswell.

1-format43.jpg

I don't want the mounted players to be useless, but they shouldn't be too strong either. I hope for a well balanced system that want Players to go for a Hybrid between MC and a Footfighter. It just offers a better and more enjoyable Playstyle. I never cared much about my horse. I did a little damage from the horse and when it got low HP i let it die and kept fighting on foot. This playstyle provides more fun than riding away, to heal your mount and abandon the team during the fight if your Horse got low HP, if you play a full Mounted Combat Character. I want the fights to happen. That the mounted Group can fight on Fooot aswell and that Horses are not so expencive, so that the Players do not care too much about their Horse and ride away, if the Footfighters are near a mountain, becuase they fear that their expencive Horses might die.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 44

Absolutely not. Obese mounted mages are already broken OP.