Add a Primary Skill called "Mapping" which also allows you to set multiple waypoints. MAPS AND WAYPOINTS ONLY WORK IF YOU DISCOVERED THE AREA BEFORE!

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
I'm bad with directions irl i Gps everything, or i memorize things by buildings. In a game like Mortal i was terrible at directions. I know i wasn't the only one. I enjoyed finding places and having my own secret spots in the game. But sometimes i wished i could have had the ability to remember how to get to certain places easier.

There is 2 reasons for the skill being a Primary. 1.) I know players will get angry at the idea of there being a mapping skill at all in the game. 2.) I would like the option of the waypoint to light my path in the Dark. 3.) The Map would only work for the player with the skill so that you can't exploit the games secrets to other players by selling Maps on Auction house.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I'm not against creating some kind of maps. But I strictly disagree with waypoints that are visible ("2.) I would like the option of the waypoint to light my path in the Dark ").

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
1. Add drawing back into the game
2. make it possible to copy drawings
3. make it possible to bind drawing "M" key

tada
in MO1 we have drawing in case you didn't know.

copy would be a nice addition to that. that it takes time to dublicate stuff. would be awesome.

and i hope that they make it that if you by a player written book that you get the money form it. because in old times you didn't get the money if someone bought that book. xD

and for drawing a bigger paper that using a ghrahic tablet would worth it.

And on the boards that you can hang out your stuff at the town message boards, and it costs a fee, and goes into the town taxes that the owning guild gets. that would be awesome.

Reactions: Ibarruri

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
I know, but it was not very feasible to actually sell maps that way. That´s why we need the copying mechanic.

Also there needs to be a way for money to be made and players to be scammed. So books and drawings should be sold on the tradebrokers.

Since a few hundred years have passed it wouldn´t be unthinkable that the printing press was deleloped. For drawings ... I guess you could hire monk-type NPCs? Dunno how to make into something fun to do for players.

Kato

May 28, 2020
I don't mind adding a map to the game for the people that don't have 2 screens but i hate the idea of waypoints in MO, and I really hate the part saying:
2.) I would like the option of the waypoint to light my path in the Dark.
Like a damn GPS?
It just does'nt fit in the time setting nor dose it have a place in a "hardcore" game like MO.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
I'm not against creating some kind of maps. But I strictly disagree with waypoints that are visible ("2.) I would like the option of the waypoint to light my path in the Dark ").
What about maybe like Little Fireflies every 100 paces or so, so that i know i am at least going the right direction of where i intended?

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
they even should remove the damn fukcing compass and directions, that would be perfect.

Orientation should be only determine by you
You Realize this is just my suggestions on a "Suggestion Forum" and that you can literally make your own suggestion post, if you hate my ideas.

Last edited:

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
I don't mind adding a map to the game for the people that don't have 2 screens but i hate the idea of waypoints in MO, and I really hate the part saying:

Like a damn GPS?
It just does'nt fit in the time setting nor dose it have a place in a "hardcore" game like MO.
What about maybe like Little Fireflies every 100 paces or so, so that i know i am at least going the right direction of where i intended?

Kato

May 28, 2020

I Think maps should be player made but they shouldnt show locations, instead you have to figure out where you are like on a real map.

Reactions: Rhias

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
1. Add drawing back into the game
2. make it possible to copy drawings
3. make it possible to bind drawing "M" key

tada
This would suffice for me as long as the drawing said And at the Giant Big Mountain you go West on your compass from this location. Or maybe draw the road and Put West on one Line, and then Put North when the road curves upwards with a picture of some animals or something where you know you need to go north now.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
But do you think the towns should be on the map at least?
If you paint the towns on your map, they will be there. If you paint them incorrectly... Well, then they will be on the wrong position on your map.