a quick fix to both combat and weaponcrafting

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
"We need more ways to outplay bigger groups of less skilled players, not tools for them to beat you into submission."
-Eldrath

Typical veteran-privilege bullshit right here. One guy fending off a crowd of guys is TV-movie wish fulfillment, not combat realism.

Chip damage is a good idea, if minimal, like small percentage goin thru and only if a large weapon weight disparity. Blocking a two-handed axe with a dagger *should* hurt.
lol yeah how many bodies you recruit should be the deciding factor in a fight...

GTFO

Ministro

Dec 3, 2020
Perhaps I was unclear. I totally believe that a skilled player should dominate, even with worse gear. Should they win 1v1 even with a major gear discrepancy? Absolutely. Should a skilled player be able to take on and defeat a several players of lesser skill? Yup. But, the idea of wading through a half platoon of average-skilled players without a heal is just silly. Skill should definitely rule, but there needs to be a sane limit. The idea that you can parry/block 10 guys simultaneously and still beat them all down without a heal, is ridiculous. I'm not trying to be pro-zerg here, just balanced, and a *bit* more realistic. Chuck Norris once said in an interview that if he got jumped by half a dozen guys in real life like in his movies, he'd probably get his ass kicked, and you, sir, are not Chuck Norris.

I agree that getting *too* real can take the fun out of things; I'm just suggesting backing off from the ridiculous extremes this got to in MO1. 1v10 should be death for even the most skilled player, sorry you don't like that.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
I agree that getting *too* real can take the fun out of things; I'm just suggesting backing off from the ridiculous extremes this got to in MO1. 1v10 should be death for even the most skilled player, sorry you don't like that.
If the player is skilled enough to take on 10 players, so be it, as long as it is skill that is making it possible. We should never want mechanics or design to limit skill. That doesn't mean I would want a mechanic that let's you parry 10 people at once, but fighting outnumbered happens all the time in the game so we have to have something that lets it be possible.

Ministro

Dec 3, 2020
If the player is skilled enough to take on 10 players, so be it, as long as it is skill that is making it possible. We should never want mechanics or design to limit skill. That doesn't mean I would want a mechanic that let's you parry 10 people at once, but fighting outnumbered happens all the time in the game so we have to have something that lets it be possible.

" as long as it is skill that is making it possible" Totally agree, but exploiting prediction for a back-shot, or breaking an animation to get past parry, etc has given some people the idea that they *deserve* to win 1v10 by calling that "skill" or "hardcore". If it sounds like I want to do anything but reward superior skill, or be an ombudsman for zergs, my apologies for lack of clarity.

Yenii

Nov 29, 2020
"We need more ways to outplay bigger groups of less skilled players, not tools for them to beat you into submission."
-Eldrath

Typical veteran-privilege bullshit right here. One guy fending off a crowd of guys is TV-movie wish fulfillment, not combat realism.

Chip damage is a good idea, if minimal, like small percentage goin thru and only if a large weapon weight disparity. Blocking a two-handed axe with a dagger *should* hurt.
Obviously a solo player shouldn't be able to kill a group, but Eldrath means a group of 10 solid players should be able to or have the opportunity to kill a 15 man group with skill. It shouldn't be a numbers game where having more numbers is the key to victory regardless of skill. In Mo1, it was definitely possible to kill zergs by having tactics and strategy, but I'm not sure how it will play out in MO2

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Fun > Realism where they conflict. Sometimes realism IS fun.

That's why I say I want to see lances overtake donkey hammers as the mounted weapon of choice. The donkey hammer meta was good for a lul but feeling like the most iconic weapon of cavalry charges is nonviable and you need to use a giant ridiculous hammer instead if you want to be viable is more ridiculous than fun after the luls wear off.

In terms of people living out their Rambo fantasy and killing groups of men alone. Depending on HOW they do it I'd say it's both realistic and fun. If you handed everyone in this conversation a gun and put us up against a navy seal, my money is on the navy seal. That's pretty equivalent to handing a bunch of day 1 newbs a sword and having them all go up against a particularly skilled veteran player. I definitely think 1 player should be able to shred 5 players if that one player is careful, methodical, and tactical, and his enemies are none of those things.

But winning a 1v5 should be that kind of once in an entire Mortal Online 2 career things you will always remember. Not a commonplace feat that's easy to pull off every day. I'm tired of games like ArcheAge that give veterans to stat advantage they need to 1v5 by holding down auto-attack. I'm not at all tired of games with such a high skill ceiling that feats like this are possible with nearly equal stats.