A Proper Trading Hub:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
This is NOT. It could be...

What can we do, traders? Any ideas? Anything already set up? I think they had set up a merchant discord, but that seems like it could be sketchy.

This forum gets like NO TRAFFIC (esp the trade part,) I put up a jungle camp services thread months ago and months later someone hits me up asking me if I will gather wood in MohKi. That's the state of things. WE MUST SERVE THE PEOPLE! NETWORK THE WORLD. I wanna get shit popping in every CORNER. We can do it!

Reactions: Callenmore

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Trade seems to be very much regional in MO2, those living in north-western Myrland for example appear to be trading between Fabernum, Meduli, Tindrem and possibly Hyllspeia. Due to their travel routes being quite long but interconnected, and there is somewhat of a resource dependency between them.

I still remember a guild back in MO1 many years ago called AIM that had a neutral trading keep near Morin Khur and Moh-Ki that seemed to be doing quite well, but it got removed for some reason.

Maybe a player guild with the resources and manpower can set up something similar somewhere in the plains in the middle of the map. Have it patrolled and guarded by every major guild under a player-formed non-aggression pact. Where those coming in and going out are guaranteed safe passage as long as they don't cause any trouble.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Let me rephrase: I was speaking with friends about trading like the 'old school.' We used to put stuff on Forums and all. Screen shot bags of mount tickets, soph food w/e. I'd sell stuff like steel~ weps and cheaper soph food in town, but it was nice to be able to get some good deals going thru forum. I have not been able to have that same experience on MOFO2, and I think the peanut gallery agrees.

I dunno where it would be tho.

As for everything else, as I said with the patch, moving mats is gonna be more valuable than ever. Setting up networks is more vital than a hub per se, but mainly I meant communication. It could be set up, even to the point of transferring stuff... a nice big, working economy, but there needs to be a greater hub. Prices for stuff, yknow? A master list or whatever + people.

Not everyone wants their deals to be open, either. I used to be hard ARPK as I said, and I'd sell to the people I like who pvp'd but people who just pvp'd to scrape you out as you walked by on your non combat, I would not sell to. Now, I don't care. I want people pvping, and I don't mind if I am the target. I was thinking however long ago when people were shooting me in the GY in Duli like lawl they prol shooting me using my 77s bows! Oh well, we helped put them back into circulation.

rofl at AIM, I remember them being a fake trade guild and I also think they were cheating. I remember that well! They just popped up, but nah we solo merchants make the world go round. bleeee. Everyone else has too much of an ulterior motivation and too many constraints! Doesn't mean guilds can't be composed of solo merchants, but yea check it out re: aim, this is what I'm pulling from the files of my memory... funny shit actually. I cannot for the life of me remember which famed cheater came back to lead them, but he came back and he was setting up TC with buy orders that were high and doing all of this stuff, purporting to be a true trading guild that helped nubs but everyone was like HMMMM then one day it was like ALL UR STUFF R BEEN DELETED CUZ U HACKIN. We, at the time, had a good laugh. lol I was there for that. That was pretty late in my play time tho. Def a funny memory.