A page out of Archeage's book: Trophy Fishing.

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
As the title suggests I believe this would be an amazing update to the current fishing system as an addition rather than purely a replacement. Keep the different types of bait, poles, depth etc. What I want is the mini-game to defeat the fish.

This has always been my favorite version of fishing in any mmo I have ever played and would love it if we took some inspiration from it when bringing fishing forward into MO2.

Think about it, we could have the directionals for pulling the fish during the "wrestle" be exactly the same as if we are blocking attacks with a melee weapon. Reel in with left click and let out line when needed on right click. Rather than a health bar with buffs an debuffs to watch, you can have the rod and line pull left so we click drag right, vice versa on the right to left. Overhead if it runs directly away, and underhand could be left out or used to let out line instead of right clicking. Like the Archeage fishing, there will be moments when the fish jumps or otherwise lets you reel them in. this is when you get to reel and reduce the distance the fish is from you, or like in the video "deal damage" to its hp. Rinse and repeat until it hits 0 hp and you have reeled in the fish.

Last edited: