A greeting to all old Fallen Legion members, old friends and old rivals

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Yes, all right, I think you didn't understand what I was trying to say.
I like to watch videos of old battles and all that, nothing more.
I had not yet entered the game when all this happened.
My interest is only historical.
I commented on Naimed and Bomex, because some time later I played with them, and I liked seeing a piece from those times.
Regarding you, I remember you, I met you on a couple of occasions and indeed, I remember that you were a lethal warrior, in fact you beat me up on many occasions, although I used other names at that time.
I have little recollection of ENVI. Can you tell me more about this group of elite mercenaries?
This is all very interesting.
Void, Envy, EC, 7L you must have heard of one of their names im sure ?
Then again they made it confusing by changing their names all the time, they also sported names like Veil, Zrk and HK to name a few others.

Reactions: Ibarruri

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
Void, Envy, EC, 7L you must have heard of one of their names im sure ?
Then again they made it confusing by changing their names all the time, they also sported names like Veil, Zrk and HK to name a few others.

Yes, when I was a noob in ES, veterans told me some stories, but not many. Some names are familiar to me, but as you say, so many name changes in the guilds, generates confiscation and too many powerful guilds ended up divided into small groups, so few guilds are easily identifiable.
Still that part of the story should not be missed, it would be great to have some well-defined timeline to build a Myrland story. I was diving into the files that Lady Casilda managed to save after the old forum was destroyed, but we have lost a lot of information.

Vito_Corleone

Jun 2, 2020
Yes, all right, I think you didn't understand what I was trying to say.
I like to watch videos of old battles and all that, nothing more.
I had not yet entered the game when all this happened.
My interest is only historical.
I commented on Naimed and Bomex, because some time later I played with them, and I liked seeing a piece from those times.
Regarding you, I remember you, I met you on a couple of occasions and indeed, I remember that you were a lethal warrior, in fact you beat me up on many occasions, although I used other names at that time.
I have little recollection of ENVI. Can you tell me more about this group of elite mercenaries?
This is all very interesting.

When i started in april 2013 i think, that was era, when every body was at Incizium armor and most of people use steel sword. When nobody use steel armor and i saw only 2 people in oghmium or cronite armor, it was Godly and someone frome AQ or Quad, i dont remember, some really old old player. Everybody have Thursar Khurite standart build because there was strenght enought for steel swords and long bow at horse.

Envy have cronite swords or cronite poleaxes ( i think you know what is the difference for charging and damage against bones or plate scale armor), use vella vella for maximum speed, and use plate scales armor, and everybody have duped POTIONS for heal, and purify, when potions was really like unreal to create or find. Extra most of them was hybrid, when everybody has or Mounted archers with sword!, or mages!, but nobody want to play mage, when everybody was shit armor, than hybrid was brilliant choose... I remember if we are lucky to kill some ENVY, first what everybody do, not cronite, not oghmium, everybody try to loot potions, its like most unreal treasure... And use plate scales armor with cronite/oghmium parts at general battles or big wars, and selling theyr mercenaries services for really big money. One siedge like few thousands gold, battle 500-2000 golds and they have like agreement, that they will dont attack 24 hours previos employer, but somethimes for big money they can first battle at siedge, attack the Keep, and when defenders loose battle and regroup and siedge starting, they sell theyr servis to defenders, and come back and won second battle agains first employee. They doesnt have Keeps, houses and others, they live in Kranesh, and was free for properties, they havent nothink for loose. And 1000 gold in 2013/2014 was like maybe 5000-8000 in 2017/2018. They want really VERY BIG MONEY FOR SERVICE, that few guilds if want to siedge somebody, farm money...

They always have like minimum 8-12 played people, what with potions and cronite weapon, cronite/oghmium parts in era, where is no Mounted Combat, bones armors and steel weapon, they was best war guild at server. Speed charakters and stamina regen for light armor, was very mobile, fast, deadly and MANY stamina and stamina regen, when i kick him 1 time with steel sword, he kick me 3/4 times with cronite and still he had more stamina than me.

They in 10 people can fight agains 30-40 and win, because they have progressive technology at this moment :)))

After starts era of Mounted Combat few years later, than RUS players, where was 4-5 mounteds had progressive technologies like 1 or 1,5 year against everybody, after 1 year people create somethink like we, but we have best horses in first 2 year i think , another few MC be at few guilds, but they not be together, because it is very expensive to create real MC. and people dont want to loose expensive stuff, because everybody know, that we will kill them, if they not be outnumbered, everythink change for us with naked mages on lukiators :))), we was like ENVY, because everybody want to friend with us and try call us to some general battle, and we do really brilliant job, when have mages support in field. If we have 10 people like QUAD or others, than i think history can know about us little more, than we have. We killing like 1/3 or 1,5/3 af all enemy looses, mages or hybrids dying on 2 or 3 hits. If there was big battle and enemy loose like 40 people, than 15-20 can be killed by us, when we have also 30-40 people, and only 3/4 RUS MC. With foot support, we did unreal thinks, like ENVY when they was best times.

And Envy was dissapeard when Mounted Combat comes, because they was not effective ( only still in mountains or Kranesh), when everybody has Steel Armor, with Heal and purify potions, and gold/cronite was more real for many players after ADDING Mines, buildings, farms ect. Envy lost they potential, they was still brilliant fighters, but when everybody start have the same stuff then they, they stop be unic.

And we was dissapeard when tons of mages at lukiators start fight against us...

Last edited:

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
When i started in april 2013 i think, that was era, when every body was at Incizium armor and most of people use steel sword. When nobody use steel armor and i saw only 2 people in oghmium or cronite armor, it was Godly and someone frome AQ or Quad, i dont remember, some really old old player. Everybody have Thursar Khurite standart build because there was strenght enought for steel swords and long bow at horse.

Envy have cronite swords or cronite poleaxes ( i think you know what is the difference for charging and damage against bones or plate scale armor), use vella vella for maximum speed, and use plate scales armor, and everybody have duped POTIONS for heal, and purify, when potions was really like unreal to create or find. Extra most of them was hybrid, when everybody has or Mounted archers with sword!, or mages!, but nobody want to play mage, when everybody was shit armor, than hybrid was brilliant choose... I remember if we are lucky to kill some ENVY, first what everybody do, not cronite, not oghmium, everybody try to loot potions, its like most unreal treasure... And use plate scales armor with cronite/oghmium parts at general battles or big wars, and selling theyr mercenaries services for really big money. One siedge like few thousands gold, battle 500-2000 golds and they have like agreement, that they will dont attack 24 hours previos employer, but somethimes for big money they can first battle at siedge, attack the Keep, and when defenders loose battle and regroup and siedge starting, they sell theyr servis to defenders, and come back and won second battle agains first employee. They doesnt have Keeps, houses and others, they live in Kranesh, and was free for properties, they havent nothink for loose. And 1000 gold in 2013/2014 was like maybe 5000-8000 in 2017/2018. They want really VERY BIG MONEY FOR SERVICE, that few guilds if want to siedge somebody, farm money...

They always have like minimum 8-12 played people, what with potions and cronite weapon, cronite/oghmium parts in era, where is no Mounted Combat, bones armors and steel weapon, they was best war guild at server. Speed charakters and stamina regen for light armor, was very mobile, fast, deadly and MANY stamina and stamina regen, when i kick him 1 time with steel sword, he kick me 3/4 times with cronite and still he had more stamina than me.

They in 10 people can fight agains 30-40 and win, because they have progressive technology at this moment :)))

After starts era of Mounted Combat few years later, than RUS players, where was 4-5 mounteds had progressive technologies like 1 or 1,5 year against everybody, after 1 year people create somethink like we, but we have best horses in first 2 year i think , another few MC be at few guilds, but they not be together, because it is very expensive to create real MC. and people dont want to loose expensive stuff, because everybody know, that we will kill them, if they not be outnumbered, everythink change for us with naked mages on lukiators :))), we was like ENVY, because everybody want to friend with us and try call us to some general battle, and we do really brilliant job, when have mages support in field. If we have 10 people like QUAD or others, than i think history can know about us little more, than we have. We killing like 1/3 or 1,5/3 af all enemy looses, mages or hybrids dying on 2 or 3 hits. If there was big battle and enemy loose like 40 people, than 15-20 can be killed by us, when we have also 30-40 people, and only 3/4 RUS MC. With foot support, we did unreal thinks, like ENVY when they was best times.

And Envy was dissapeard when Mounted Combat comes, because they was not effective ( only still in mountains or Kranesh), when everybody has Steel Armor, with Heal and purify potions, and gold/cronite was more real for many players after ADDING Mines, buildings, farms ect. Envy lost they potential, they was still brilliant fighters, but when everybody start have the same stuff then they, they stop be unic.

And we was dissapeard when tons of mages at lukiators start fight against us...

Impresive history.

Wow, it is sad that a group of legendary warriors disappeared. Hopefully they return in MO2, it is clear that you had an impressive story.
I have always admired elite mercenary groups. In MO1, there were several, but they dispersed and it was not easy to find quality mercenaries.
It is clear that at your time you should have made a great fortune offering your services.

Hopefully ENVY will return to MO2.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Impresive history.

Wow, it is sad that a group of legendary warriors disappeared. Hopefully they return in MO2, it is clear that you had an impressive story.
I have always admired elite mercenary groups. In MO1, there were several, but they dispersed and it was not easy to find quality mercenaries.
It is clear that at your time you should have made a great fortune offering your services.

Elite groups/mercs disappeared when MO combat got bad. PvPers wont stay too long when combat is about anything but skill. Competitive PvP as in skillbased breeds small elite groups to compete for fame, glory and work. If MO2 continues the current route and dont doubble down and make it easier I see small elite PvP guilds returning to stay in MO2.

One thing that is for sure is we need to get rid of 360 degree blocking and make blocking radius as small, directional and aim based as possible. The harder combat is to learn, perfect and perform in the higher skill ceiling we will have and the healthier population of PvPers you will have. Harder combat also humbles players in combat, the easier it is the more toxic players you will have as seen in early MO compared to Late MO. Late MO was almost only toxic players around imo.

Vito_Corleone

Jun 2, 2020
Impresive history.

But for sure we dont win the wars, maybe battles, ENVY was elite mercenaries guild that really can decide about who will win the war, when it was organized they come with 15-20 people ( where was like 12 brilliant fighters/maybe little cheaters) that really win most of battles, i remember only really few times from 3 to 6 dozens what i see, when they did brilliant job, but against them was too big players ( like all server against some guild) and they loose few fights, but here was like 90-100+ to 30/40 people where is including is ENVY.

Hybrids was good choose when for example in rus guild in combat, we have 8-10 melee in best times with shit armor and shit swords, and 1/2 mages...

And they always fight, if somebody pay them for services, and its doesnt matter how many enemies or where, they always stay untill employee say that we can retreat...

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
Hello again DK, hello Vito! Damn, Xunila, you remember me dude? :D God, nice to see all of you here! As I said to other FL guys in the last few days - THE MEMORIES! Even if I was always a noob, I spent in ODIN/FL great time. Never had that good company in any other games like here. Nice to see all of you back and I wish we will fight side-by-side again ;)
sure write Xunila, or Drchaoz for discord if youre interrested. Any germans are gladly invited, even if youre dont speak german you can come xD
We will make German Community again, but now better and more Organized. ;) with mroe Fun and les German Wörk wörk wörk
German Spoiler:
avOnG2X_700b.jpg

Last edited:

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
But for sure we dont win the wars, maybe battles, ENVY was elite mercenaries guild that really can decide about who will win the war, when it was organized they come with 15-20 people ( where was like 12 brilliant fighters/maybe little cheaters) that really win most of battles, i remember only really few times from 3 to 6 dozens what i see, when they did brilliant job, but against them was too big players ( like all server against some guild) and they loose few fights, but here was like 90-100+ to 30/40 people where is including is ENVY.

Hybrids was good choose when for example in rus guild in combat, we have 8-10 melee in best times with shit armor and shit swords, and 1/2 mages...

And they always fight, if somebody pay them for services, and its doesnt matter how many enemies or where, they always stay untill employee say that we can retreat...

I remember one of the Russian boys. They used to treat me very well in the game, unfortunately most of them left, but whenever I had a problem I could go to them. I'm Spanish, but really in the game, I got along better with Polish and Russians than with my own compatriots haha
Hopefully the best mercenary groups return to the game when MO2 is released.

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
Elite groups/mercs disappeared when MO combat got bad. PvPers wont stay too long when combat is about anything but skill. Competitive PvP as in skillbased breeds small elite groups to compete for fame, glory and work. If MO2 continues the current route and dont doubble down and make it easier I see small elite PvP guilds returning to stay in MO2.

One thing that is for sure is we need to get rid of 360 degree blocking and make blocking radius as small, directional and aim based as possible. The harder combat is to learn, perfect and perform in the higher skill ceiling we will have and the healthier population of PvPers you will have. Harder combat also humbles players in combat, the easier it is the more toxic players you will have as seen in early MO compared to Late MO. Late MO was almost only toxic players around imo.

In your opinion, what destroyed the old combat system? What made the mercenaries and pvp fans leave? what mecanics failed?

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
In your opinion, what destroyed the old combat system? What made the mercenaries and pvp fans leave? what mecanics failed?
Attack arc got too big and made it to easy to land hits and sweetspots got increased which made it easier to land good hits.
Blocking arcs became way to big and less directional making it super easy to block, Blocking timer for old perfect block was increased when parry came so that you could hold blocks longer to negate full dmg.
Gear got more important and it took more hits to kill making numbers more important than skill.
Speed was vastly reduced and took out alot of skill with it.
OP builds/weapons was left in the game for too long and broke the PvP scene while not balanced, this never got fixed for real as a new always came after one was nerfed.
AI based combat got too powerful in the form of mounts, guards and pets which obviously is less skill based as you make NPC and he AI fight your battles.

Those are the main ones I can think of atm, had a huge impact on the PvP scene and reducing skill and skill ceiling.

For example mounts and mounted weapons was broken for years upon years until fixed/if its fixed! I honestly have no idea as I have not PvPed in MO since 2017 for real. Mounts are still broken that I know, I still have OP horses and they still run at the speed of light compared to foot speed which still is turd.

Mounted combat was the last skillbased playstyle in MO last I played but only vs other mounteds with same gear quality. If you fought anyone else or mounteds in inferior gear you as a mounted in end game gear was at such a severe advantage it was childsplay to play as.

These are points I will make sure does not return in MO2 as best I can to have a balanced and hopefully high skill ceiling and skill based combat in MO2.

Darknight

May 29, 2020
Attack arc got too big and made it to easy to land hits and sweetspots got increased which made it easier to land good hits.
Blocking arcs became way to big and less directional making it super easy to block, Blocking timer for old perfect block was increased when parry came so that you could hold blocks longer to negate full dmg.
Gear got more important and it took more hits to kill making numbers more important than skill.
Speed was vastly reduced and took out alot of skill with it.
OP builds/weapons was left in the game for too long and broke the PvP scene while not balanced, this never got fixed for real as a new always came after one was nerfed.
AI based combat got too powerful in the form of mounts, guards and pets which obviously is less skill based as you make NPC and he AI fight your battles.

Those are the main ones I can think of atm, had a huge impact on the PvP scene and reducing skill and skill ceiling.

For example mounts and mounted weapons was broken for years upon years until fixed/if its fixed! I honestly have no idea as I have not PvPed in MO since 2017 for real. Mounts are still broken that I know, I still have OP horses and they still run at the speed of light compared to foot speed which still is turd.

Mounted combat was the last skillbased playstyle in MO last I played but only vs other mounteds with same gear quality. If you fought anyone else or mounteds in inferior gear you as a mounted in end game gear was at such a severe advantage it was childsplay to play as.

These are points I will make sure does not return in MO2 as best I can to have a balanced and hopefully high skill ceiling and skill based combat in MO2.

Im curious as to what your take was to the later version of territory control, that allowed people to build so many walls? I haven't played since before then, but I heard it had severely damaged the population. What exactly was wrong with it? Or was it just a case of too small a map for that?

Also @Sirsancho Good to see you guys too!

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Im curious as to what your take was to the later version of territory control, that allowed people to build so many walls? I haven't played since before then, but I heard it had severely damaged the population. What exactly was wrong with it? Or was it just a case of too small a map for that?

Also @Sirsancho Good to see you guys too!
Well TS was allowed to be built everywhere within your territory, block off content and to block off/ruin animal spawns.

It made the game look horrible and shut most of the playerbase out of content if territory holder deemed it so.

Even if the game was like MO2 upto 4x bigger, the same would happen and the land and wilderness would be ruined aswell as spawns and content.
It also created safe zones which MO was originally against with personal guardzones where you could field massive amounts of NPC guards that could attack through structures with heat seeking attacks.

Reactions: Vakirauta

Vakirauta

May 28, 2020
Poland
Ye, I remember I ran into jungle once I came back for a while and the only path I know to go further was blocked by the wall