A doubt about my graphic card perfomance in MO2

Pirarucarucu

May 28, 2020
Hello there! I'm almost totally noob into this specs world, so that's why i'm posting this here, to see if anyone can give me a little help. Sometimes i'm experiecing some floating in my FPS. In Fabernum, for example, sometimes my FPS goes from 11 to 35, even when i'm standing still, not moving my camera at all, as it can be noticed in the video bellow:

I have full knowledge that i'm playing an alpha, so features are not optimized. I just would like to know if my GPU does not have enough "power" to play smoothly MO2 (even in minimum graphics), or my problem is just singular to my pc.

Minimum specs (in steam) for MO2 (i don't know if it is updated, either):

GPU_minimum.png

I'm not trash talking about the game performance, i just want to know what may be happening to me.

My PC specs:
-cpu: i7 2600 CPU @ 3.40 GHz
-gpu: GIGABYTE GEFORCE GTX 970 4GB GDDR5
- 8gb ram

Last edited:
Reactions: Ibarruri

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
GTX 970 is kinda old for MO2, but you can probably get better performance by lowering resolution. Last patch has really fucked FPS tho, I used to get 60 fps constant on minimum, now it drops to 40 sometimes

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
I wouldn't expect much better unfortunately based on your specs. Your cpu isn't much higher than min spec effectively and is 11 years old.

Your gpu is older as well and you have half the ram of the min spec also.

I think add that up and it's hard to expect too much better performance in the game

Pirarucarucu

May 28, 2020
GTX 970 is kinda old for MO2, but you can probably get better performance by lowering resolution. Last patch has really fucked FPS tho, I used to get 60 fps constant on minimum, now it drops to 40 sometimes

One of the reasons of why i posted this, is because i'm feeling that this patch lowered a bit my fps, but i thought i was going crazy xD.

Pirarucarucu

May 28, 2020
I wouldn't expect much better unfortunately based on your specs. Your cpu isn't much higher than min spec effectively and is 11 years old.

Your gpu is older as well and you have half the ram of the min spec also.

I think add that up and it's hard to expect too much better performance in the game

This does make sense, indeed. Thanks for the help mate.

Pirarucarucu

May 28, 2020
Although those nice ppl answered my questions, i guess i will not delete this post, so people can at least see how this kind of spec is performing in currently MO2 alpha.

Reactions: Jhackman

Treed

Sep 28, 2020
I had a 950 and got 7fps and maxed out my gpu, I would advise buying a newer card or an upgraded card. I bought a ROG RTX 2060 8GB card and it was an excessive choixe

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
If you have plans to upgrade your system, I would recommend upgrading everything including the cpu, gpu, ram and an ssd if you haven't already. One weak component can bottleneck the rest of the system, which is something you'll want to avoid.

Reactions: Ebenminx