A Bit Upset About The Lore/Mythology/Magic Of The Game

Moonman

Dec 25, 2020
We just drank the Soma, we have become immortal, we have come to the light, we have found the gods. What can enmity do to us now, and what the mischief of a mortal, o immortal one?” (RV 8.48.3)

I love Mortal Online and its realism. I'm an old MO1 player and this game has always gave me those immersive vibes that are unforgettable. I was hoping this game would go further with lore and mythology and the secrets the devs want to be in the game.

I found out today that the devs plan for the mushroom Amanita Muscaria is likely going to be poison. This game is partially based in the real world with similar materials, herbs, and so on. But if so, shouldn't logic and branches of the real world apply?

Amanita Muscaria is a "misunderstood" mushroom in our world. It is actually not even really poisonous. People actually use Amanita Muscaria as an entheogen, and it is also known to have many health benefits. I'm trying to find the video now - I am also linking multiple videos below - that talked about how Amanita Muscaria was said to be an ingredient in an ambrosia that was known to be the food and drink of the gods, granting immortality.

Today, amanita muscaria is labeled a poisonous mushroom but is not illegal. You can get "high" off amanita muscaria, and therefore it has been used as an entheogen for a very long time (ancient). Magical Mushrooms on the other hand, are illegal, and they have always been considered poisonous and terrible, yet here where I live in Canada they are becoming legalized like cannabis was due to all of their health benefits. Weird how things change, right?

So I want to see the devs go further with mythology and lore.

Theoretically, if Star Vault has made meditation, spiritism, and general magic a part of this game, then entheogens (definition of entheogen: "chemical substance, typically of plant origin, that is ingested to produce a nonordinary state of consciousness for religious or spiritual purposes.") SHOULD be a part of this game as well. Mushrooms like amanita muscaria, and even other herbs they hopefully add later on should contribute to magic and whatnot.

I can come up with a few examples of how they could contribute:

- Entheogens are the best mana nourishment food (especially when cooked or used in alchemy, or even better when chemicals or whatever are extracted from them to then use in alchemy)
- When consuming some sort of ambrosia, or potently magical drink, you could be "high" as similar to the alcohol that they have added to the game - assuming that this is a feature planned for later - except it will be a way better and beneficial.

I wish this was already in game, or planned, but it seems like it wasn't. So I'll say this:

It would be cool if there was some secret to alchemy, or cooking that was literally a "food/drink of immortality". We are playing, MORTAL Online, right? So why not a way to be "immortal" at least in a sense. Some like 0.0004% chance that a player finds this recipe, let alone gone through endless trial and error before it using extremely rare herbs like drako or muse flower, failing at utilizing their full potential.

Here are references:

I might grab more later if anyone's interested.

Personal note:
It is stupid how it's labeled a poisonous mushroom. Little amounts of people were ever harmed from the mushroom. Compare those numbers to the millions that die from cigarettes, alcohol, and everything else our world pushes onto us.

Reactions: Najwalaylah