4 days, 12 hours per day in the queue, haven't gotten in.

juneau54

Jan 31, 2022
Hello, I would like to start that I love the game. However, Heinrich mentioned they sold 100,000 copies during the last twitch Q&A. I can't confirm this, but the general consensus seems to be 6000 people are on the server at any given time. There is no AFK kick. 6000 people are not logging out. That means 94,000 people have been sold a product that cannot deliver. and enjoy what they paid for. I understand that server size/count is a capital expense, and you are probably very aware of the 1 million initial players on New World dropping 90% to 100,000 quickly and this could be a decision-making factor. I think you're making a very big mistake, which will mar the credibility of Star Vault as a whole, going forward. I pre-purchased this game well over a year ago. This really needs to be addressed. If you were expecting 10,000 purchases, surprisingly received 100,000 purchases, but are not reinvesting any of that into supporting 10 times the player base but keeping it as profit, well, you just lost 90,000 customers going forward. I do love the game. I like the people that give the Q&A's but this is borderline fraudulent at this point.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Hard to disagree with you. However, i think the situation is more about incompetence than fraudulence.

they just dont know the hell they are doing.

Reactions: juneau54

juneau54

Jan 31, 2022
It's all speculation. I don't know if it's not wanting to spend profits to expand the population tolerance, or if it's something that can be handled with the current team and resources applied. I do think it would be sensible to address this, as 90% of the customer base are without a working product. That's not a good look. This was occurring last Tuesday. Heinrick has been presented with this question in last week's Q&A but didn't seem to give a firm answer. This is rather important IMO, and the worst thing that could be done is to continue to skirt around a solid answer tomorrow if another Q&A happens, which would be a week later. The most important question is not when necromancy will come and what expansions will be coming, it's will customers be able to use what they paid for presently.

Last edited:
Reactions: Balinor and Psyop

juneau54

Jan 31, 2022
Its a big game with small servers and too many people wanting to play. It's that simple :)
That's just not a good business model, though. Taking 100,000 people's money, but only providing enough product for 10,000 people is a recipe for disaster. They generated significantly more profits than expected, according to the last twitch Q&A. Take the money and run, and continuing to only have a working product for 1/10th of the customer base is rather nefarious. I'm not saying that's what is going to happen. I'm not hitting the refund button just yet, but another week or so... what's the point of 40$ + 15$/month if you're entire day from morning to bedtime is You are in the server queue? I just really think it's important to address. No one who sits in the queue for 4 days sun up to sundown cares about what's up and coming. There's a Keep already. People have been grinding this entire time. It won't exactly be a fair fight if/when this is all sorted out.

Nezris

Jan 22, 2022
Pretty sure he meant 100K throughout all time. Imagine how many of those people don't play the game anymore, or barely ever play the game. I believe Mortal Online 1 at some point.

juneau54

Jan 31, 2022
Pretty sure he meant 100K throughout all time. Imagine how many of those people don't play the game anymore, or barely ever play the game. I believe Mortal Online 1 at some point.
He clearly said they expected 10,000 purchases of Mortal Online 2, and received 100,000 which they were ecstatic about. They should be, that's really good. But taking that money and continuing to only provide for 10,000, not using some of that profit to provide for the 100,000 people that paid $40 is a dirty business practice. You shouldn't continue to take 90,000 more people's money if you never intend on providing for more than 10,000. I'm not saying that's the long-term plan... but so far, the question was asked in the Q&A last week and was avoided. His answer was the team is small and working on maintaining server upkeep. That doesn't offer any positive reinforcement for the 90,000 people that get nothing for what they paid for. Once again, I'm certainly hoping this is not the plan, but it's starting to feel like it a week after the last Q&A.

Reactions: Balinor and Psyop

Nezris

Jan 22, 2022
He clearly said they expected 10,000 purchases of Mortal Online 2, and received 100,000 which they were ecstatic about. They should be, that's really good. But taking that money and continuing to only provide for 10,000, not using some of that profit to provide for the 100,000 people that paid $40 is a dirty business practice. You shouldn't continue to take 90,000 more people's money if you never intend on providing for more than 10,000. I'm not saying that's the long-term plan... but so far, the question was asked in the Q&A last week and was avoided. His answer was the team is small and working on maintaining server upkeep. That doesn't offer any positive reinforcement for the 90,000 people that get nothing for what they paid for. Once again, I'm certainly hoping this is not the plan, but it's starting to feel like it a week after the last Q&A.

He said 100K throughout all time I am pretty sure. So that means everyone who bought it during the closed beta which was likely a lot because of the media attention, AND the purchases after release.

Favonius Cornelius

Jun 4, 2020
The Empire
I’m honestly surprised that the server issue wasn’t expected on release. I’m surprised that Starvault didn’t have backup programmers and server experts on call for the first month of a games major release. All game releases are difficult.

So far I got to play about 4 hours on the first day, and I’ve not been able to get in since then. Not sure how much longer one waits before asking for a refund.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Hello, I would like to start that I love the game. However, Heinrich mentioned they sold 100,000 copies during the last twitch Q&A. I can't confirm this, but the general consensus seems to be 6000 people are on the server at any given time. There is no AFK kick. 6000 people are not logging out. That means 94,000 people have been sold a product that cannot deliver. and enjoy what they paid for. I understand that server size/count is a capital expense, and you are probably very aware of the 1 million initial players on New World dropping 90% to 100,000 quickly and this could be a decision-making factor. I think you're making a very big mistake, which will mar the credibility of Star Vault as a whole, going forward. I pre-purchased this game well over a year ago. This really needs to be addressed. If you were expecting 10,000 purchases, surprisingly received 100,000 purchases, but are not reinvesting any of that into supporting 10 times the player base but keeping it as profit, well, you just lost 90,000 customers going forward. I do love the game. I like the people that give the Q&A's but this is borderline fraudulent at this point.

I think this is a confusion, im not sure Henrik ever said they sold 100k copies of the game. What he DID say was the server can handle 100k people ingame, which was a blatant lie.

Andy001

Jan 31, 2022
I already asked for a refund, I won't be waiting like a clown because of bad development or letters apologizing. Leave the computer on all day today to try logging in to see if it would be successful. I won't waste my time on this.

Reactions: Balinor

Nezris

Jan 22, 2022
I think this is a confusion, im not sure Henrik ever said they sold 100k copies of the game. What he DID say was the server can handle 100k people ingame, which was a blatant lie.
Really? I am very sure he said that they sold over 100K copies and are very happy about reaching this many sales, and past something like 7.5K sales they would have made the money back that was spent on making the game (+ profit maybe?). I am very sure this is what he said. Someone else making this thread saying it confirms it more, but sometimes SV devs can be unclear or unspecific causing confusion - based on what I've recently seen.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
The best part is they made the world 4x as big, to be able to hold the players they plan to get with MO2. But then all those players are in 3 towns, because theres no reason to be anywhere else. So the world and servers cant hold any more players than mo1's world could. So what we are left with is longer travel time with very minimal benefit.

Reactions: Psyop

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Really? I am very sure he said that they sold over 100K copies and are very happy about reaching this many sales, and past something like 7.5K sales they would have made the money back that was spent on making the game (+ profit maybe?). I am very sure this is what he said. Someone else making this thread saying it confirms it more, but sometimes SV devs can be unclear or unspecific causing confusion - based on what I've recently seen.

When and where did he say this? Can you post a video about it? Maybe he did say that, i really doubt they sold 100k copies of the game, that sounds like a number they can't pull with their shitty marketing skills.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

juneau54

Jan 31, 2022
When and where did he say this? Can you post a video about it? Maybe he did say that, i really doubt they sold 100k copies of the game, that sounds like a number they can't pull with their shitty marketing skills.
It was last Tuesday on his Q&A. That was about 5 hours long or so, so no, I have no intention to spend an hour to prove anything to you. Believe it or don't, he did say it. The other person here heard it as well. Somewhere around 10 am Mountain Standard Time.

juneau54

Jan 31, 2022
I feel much better about the whole thing after reading today's announcement. Contracting network engineers to focus on the queue. I'm glad I found that. That's the right thing to do and it definitely eases my angst.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
It was last Tuesday on his Q&A. That was about 5 hours long or so, so no, I have no intention to spend an hour to prove anything to you. Believe it or don't, he did say it. The other person here heard it as well. Somewhere around 10 am Mountain Standard Time.

You don't have to prove anything to me but i wouldn't go around spreading false information about what Henrik said. Like mentioned before Henrik did say the day prior to launch on the stream with mortal streamers that the game could handle 100k people yet he didn't say anything about having sold 100k copies of the game.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
If he said this, it should be easy for you or for someone else to find. YouTube? facebook? Discord? Tell us where you saw it and we'll stop asking if you're sure.

Nezris

Jan 22, 2022
If he said this, it should be easy for you or for someone else to find. YouTube? facebook? Discord? Tell us where you saw it and we'll stop asking if you're sure.

The only place he really says things like this. His user MortalOnline2 user on Twitch.

juneau54

Jan 31, 2022
You don't have to prove anything to me but i wouldn't go around spreading false information about what Henrik said. Like mentioned before Henrik did say the day prior to launch on the stream with mortal streamers that the game could handle 100k people yet he didn't say anything about having sold 100k copies of the game.
He just said it again on Twitch 2/3/2022. "Misinformation," I think I'll end the conversation now before you use the terms "Mansplaining," or "whataboutism." I'm good. No need to further the conversation.

• Haha
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae