114 Hour PLAY time, How I beat the Queue Boss.

Crowfin

Jan 28, 2022
MN USA
This guide will cover some theory crafting I've had about the server along with some major secrets that the common player didn't know. I'm not very good at spelling and I've only slept for about 10 hours in the last week. Please be kind as I am sharing my secrets. You can ask anyone in Moh Ki, I've been on grinding ALL WEEK. non stop (except server resets allowing 2 hour naps here n there,
I showered too.)

PROOF

Theory on how the server queue is being done, with strong reasoning:
This may come to a surprise to some of you but the queue is not a here is a number wait your turn. It's more of a pool of people floating down a lazy river and as you go by you get swept away into different streams biased off you MS, Location (IN GAME) and overall connection % (not your PC specs but how heavy are you for the server). The less "weight" you are for the server you faster you can get in. With that said my longest queue time was 5 hours. My shortest was 2 minutes. I have some friends who have waited 18 hours and other who have bought new copies of the game to go back to Haven and farm their hearts out on the unbalanced mobs (PLEASE FIX BANDIT EXP).

Let's break that down even more. If you got lucky enough day one to get in and stared off just leaving Haven to rush location nodes and picked a heavy populated are such as Meduli you now have to compete with everyone in those ley lines. (If you're new there are lines on the map that your animals can get stuck on because server stuff) We too are in that area, if you've ever seen lag in the game (the rubber band effect) you can tell when they open the server to the pool because everything gets laggy IN THAT ZONE ONLY if you run the the next point over it's 100% fine.This supports my theory that they are roateing the flow of logins from zone to zone so the world doesn't crash.
Keep in mind that the server, the WORLD can only support 10k members logged in to the game regardless of location. Haven and Mainland.
(proof of concept: Friends on the other side of the world getting bad lag meanwhile my side everyone running smoothly)

Now assuming I'm correct in this there are a few ways to lighten your load and to get in with more play time and less queue boss. First thing i we know is Drect X 12 WILL CRASH YOU at some point in the game, even before the hot fix on 1/30/22. You crash you couldn't log back in and were stuck in queue for 4 hour minimum until your character logged out and could be allowed back in game, this has been fixed in you have 5 minutes to hit ENTER or you'll be DCd back to the main menu this is important if you're someone who tries to queue up and gos afk for hours on end. leading me to Tip #1 DON'T AFK QUEUE. It's a pointless thing as you'll have 5 minutes to get home from work to hit play. You just won't get in please stop it. They did do a good job if you waited at your computer and it crashed as you logged in you would be pushed to the front of the queue, can confirmed as it's worked for me. I should note this is only during a queue crash, if you crash in game you'll have to cry about it and get back in the river of queue. As i said before you want to streamline this as much as possible. I highly recommend deleting your local App folder, THIS WILL GET RID OF ANY SAVED KEYBINDINGS, HUD and SAVED SETTINGS!!!!! Tip #2 Clear App Data every time you queue.
how to: Window key and R, type %appdata% from there in the URL click local, open local file, delete MO2 folder
When you are queued you want MO2 (Mortal online II) to be the main window open do not tab over or set it in the background. If your queue pops it may just reset to the menu again or bug out entirely and you'll have to jump back in. Don't say i didn't warn you if you disregard this simple tip as Tip#3 Don't Tab Out..

If you're still reading this I
appreciate your time and just wanted to make this as a rest spot for your eyes. I'll speed things along so we can get to the point.

Tips:
Tip #0 Run Drect X 11
Tip #1 Don't AFK any of this
Tip #2 Clear App Data file every crash.
Tip #4 Run as Admin. search for MortalOnline2Laucher.exe right click "Run as Admin.
Tip #5 Update your drivers. If you don't know how to do this at this point Youtube is your best friend. (
Nvidia squad, right click update)
Tip #6 reduce anything
running in the background, yeah we're talking about you Discord...

Those are my Tips on how to best get in the game for now, will edit if more.

Exploits:
They've been fixing them: I won't go into much detail as sometimes less is more. Let the record show I myself HAVE NOT USED ANY OF THESE METHODS
but am aware from MO2 Official Discord, I do not advice anyone doing this as it is agents the ToA and am only sharing for reasons why patches have been made as well as helping understand how you've been sitting in queue forever while large guilds are getting all 500 members online. I am guildless for the record.
The dirt:
- There was a bug were you could cancel your and requeue until it let you in.
- You could sit on the Character screen and never be logged out except for patch
- You can run a macro
- You can it town with a bank window open or store
- You could die and sit in the spirit world and never be forced out.
- You can farm bandits for 16 clad a kill on the mainland and get scrolls that sell for 50+ gold but cost 1 silver to take on Haven... (you can max out in 4 hours or less)
All of these are agents the Terms of Agreements and may face penalty once the game gets stable footing, so just be aware.
(for the snobs" 13) You may not engage in any activity that increases the difficulty and/or expense of Star Vault in maintaining the Mortal Online client, server, web site or other services for the benefit and enjoyment of all its users. IE if you're not playing and clogging up the system you're part of the problem).

Advice on what to do:
This has nothing to do with gameplay, i don't care how good or new you are, thank you for playing this game isn't about the destination but the journey. With that said here are some help advice for you. If you're stuck in Haven afraid to go to Mynland then make sure you pick a low population area as you'll have less people to compete with for space in that zone. You will also have a hard time playing BUT at least your in the game. If you're already in a heavy area there's a huge world, get out of town and enjoy the world friends. (Get away from large areas of lag)
Second When you're stuck in the loop. What is the loop, You get out of the salty river of queue time, you think you've beaten the boss, you've finally beat Mortal Offline II. You click enter and the start up screen pops up, but they put you back in. you're stuck in this loop for 5 minutes until they send you back to queue UNLESS: you hit enter, as it says loading map blah bla bla you HIT alt-F4 (not during the queue however), this causes the game files to reset, you clear your App Data and load back in I've done this 2x and it's worked 100% for me. It seems to put you at the top of queue because of 1/29/22 patch but it's not 100% there are times were the game will just say F you and you'll have to wait another 40 minutes. If you can't get in on NA, you should set an alarm around 2-4 am to wake up queue the queue time is 10-30 minutes long at this time of day as patches are done in noon/ morning of London time. This is another MMO launch long queues are just a part of it (New world 23 hours) Play other games, they should get the servers going in a week or two.

Payment for help:
I don't want money, Your time spent reading this was more than enough as you've probably broke tip 1 already. I want you to stop being so toxic about the game, this is art, its not a final set it takes time to finish and fine tune. (but that's what the beta is for, please....) The game is a hit as they didn't except the sheer volume of player to hit this hard, it's a blessing to have this problem and I know the Devs and everyone is doing their best to get this train rolling. As payment please respect the journey, we don't know how things will look in the future but a year from now but i promise you'll be gaming just like me.

Please drink some water, stretch and get a snack you sexy thing you. ~ Crowfin

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Solaris

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
We always knew it wasnt a queue. When im sitting here for 5 hours and orher guildies that queued after me get in, its not a friken queue. We are all in the same node for frick sakes.

its the server picking and choosing who they let in. Thats why there is no damn queue number. If there was you'd be sitting at the same friken number.

There is no effing queue.

Reactions: Zosimos

Crowfin

Jan 28, 2022
MN USA
We always knew it wasnt a queue. When im sitting here for 5 hours and orher guildies that queued after me get in, its not a friken queue. We are all in the same node for frick sakes.

its the server picking and choosing who they let in. Thats why there is no damn queue number. If there was you'd be sitting at the same friken number.

There is no effing queue.
For you this may seem very black and white but for many people new to this type of game they could be lost. You need to think of others more, hence why I made this post. I expressed they pick baised off "weight". in theory anyway. Until it's confirmed I stand by my book.

Gavinox

Jan 5, 2022
Helpful post, thanks. Some more info that doesn't perfectly align with your theory's primary impacts (location in-game).

My main PC which I set up keybinds on etc, is wired, to the same connection as my laptop - always a queue (to haven)

My backup PC (laptop), wireless connection, to the same connection as my desktop - never has a queue. Literally instant chracter select screen.

Something super weird going for sure.

Crowfin

Jan 28, 2022
MN USA
Helpful post, thanks. Some more info that doesn't perfectly align with your theory's primary impacts (location in-game).

My main PC which I set up keybinds on etc, is wired, to the same connection as my laptop - always a queue (to haven)

My backup PC (laptop), wireless connection, to the same connection as my desktop - never has a queue. Literally instant chracter select screen.

I think theres a lot of room for growth :)

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
So you're claiming to have 114 hours of play time in the past week? If we calculate in the queue time, you slept only 4 hours a night? And you still have the mental fortitude to write up this post? Get some sleep, man.
1- DX12 isn't crashing for me; I imagine it's different for everyone. The one in-game crash I did have this week was when I was running the client in DX11 actually.
2- A lot of this is just guesswork, hopes and dreams based on anecdotal evidence.
3- This information does not include the information that has been communicate to the community by the CM, such as the fact that if you hit 'cancel' you need to reboot your client to actually be properly reinserted into the queue. Also, there is a glitch that you will be dropped out of the queue but your client will not reflect this, causing you to potentially think you've been in queue for hours when you actually got disconnected hours ago.

how you've been sitting in queue forever while large guilds are getting all 500 members online
I can confirm this is 100% not happening to anyone. This right here is a big dent in your credibility.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas

Your main PC needs to have the mo2 SaveGames folder deleted. I had the same problem. Search %localappdata%\MortalOnline2\Saved\SaveGames and delete it. Check the mo2 discord announcements or updates channel. SV posted it as a fix a few days ago. There is no actual que for Haven.

TrothGar

Jan 30, 2022
Your main PC needs to have the mo2 SaveGames folder deleted. I had the same problem. Search %localappdata%\MortalOnline2\Saved\SaveGames and delete it. Check the mo2 discord announcements or updates channel. SV posted it as a fix a few days ago. There is no actual que for Haven.
Deleteing these files wont put me back into Haven will it?

Crowfin

Jan 28, 2022
MN USA
So you're claiming to have 114 hours of play time in the past week? If we calculate in the queue time, you slept only 4 hours a night? And you still have the mental fortitude to write up this post? Get some sleep, man.
1- DX12 isn't crashing for me; I imagine it's different for everyone. The one in-game crash I did have this week was when I was running the client in DX11 actually.
2- A lot of this is just guesswork, hopes and dreams based on anecdotal evidence.
3- This information does not include the information that has been communicate to the community by the CM, such as the fact that if you hit 'cancel' you need to reboot your client to actually be properly reinserted into the queue. Also, there is a glitch that you will be dropped out of the queue but your client will not reflect this, causing you to potentially think you've been in queue for hours when you actually got disconnected hours ago.

I can confirm this is 100% not happening to anyone. This right here is a big dent in your credibility.
we are in different zones then.

Deleteing these files wont put me back into Haven will it?
no. Im not a troll.

Reactions: TrothGar