1 important change to flagging/pk system needed

Xenom

Feb 23, 2022
I think the recent changes with reds were decent but there is still one sever design issue left with crim flagging that really needs to change.

I propose turning crim actions on needs to make you grey in the process also without any exceptions and needs to take a few mins to activate and deactivate.
In the process you need to adjust some spells to work with no crim on but that has to be done. The mechanics are there, make them work with AOE spells also and not take the cheap route with crim actions on.

Why you ask?
Currently let's say a grp gets jumped by a group of pkers... who are all blue (there is enough around that avoid going red and 2nd char will make this worse) what happens way too often: the first of the attacking pkers gets grey/crim but the defenders have to focus another target situational that still was blue and get crim before the attacking pkers even got crim. So now let's say the defenders win... they get murder counts for defending against pkers. Sounds stupid right?

So make this change... who wants to kill can but should have to git guts and show it and not use being blue as disguise in approach. You should see the intentions of someone when you see him without checking you super mini guild Tags.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
You only get murder count if you are the aggressor ( deal damage first) against a blue.
Just let blues do the first swing on you and you dont have to worry about murder counts. Play defensive at the start and you wont get murder counts. If there are a bunch of mixed flagged in the enemy group, just keep criminal actions disabled and you'll never hit a blue by mistake. Its pretty damn easy to avoid getting murder counts. Just dont hit blues. Let them hit you first (they will go grey) and then you can kill them.

Obviously, if you use an aoe spell while fighting enemies that are still blue, you will most likely hit a blue and go grey. Thats your fault. If you don't want murder counts don't be a dumb ass.

You get no murder counts from greys, or red players. You can attack those with impunity. Leave blues alone, or expect murder counts.

Last edited:

Xenom

Feb 23, 2022
That's the point, you should not have to play sitting duck and let them hit you until all of the attacking grp is grey as. they should be from the start.

Your reasons with don't use aoe or not defending until you got hit from all attackers just don't make a bad system any better. The game should force those that plan to pk in an area to show it. As it is now it always favours the attackers by a lot.

If someone chooses to pk they should have to show colour and go grey before. Also for a new ppl blue seems good, the game doesn't tell you otherwise and if you someone grey with a skull next to it everyone would know.

I know a lot of pkers don't want anything that hinders their vision of the gankbox but as MO2 is a sandbox and I want it to thrive and not vanish there needs to be a solid pk system that shows visually what's going on. From there they can balance it way easier for the different areas like sieges, lawless and dungeons.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
its a creative suggestion but at this point you would just have a pvp toggle wich is the opposit of what we want. The system is ina great place right now. The only real problem is with guilds based out of the jungle as you cant wardec them because they cant be murder counted.

Xenom

Feb 23, 2022
I get that with the pvp toggle but still it's not that you can guard yourself with it as everyone who wishes to pvp can activate crim. I still think that the current system has issues you will never get away if you keep it as it is.

With a change like this they could than further balance things around it like automatically going grey in dungeons they want to have dangerous (think there already is no MC in some or at least doesn't work as I didn't notice in the dungeons I were lately) , going auto crim at sieges maybe as soon a siege machine is dropped all around it go grey, maybe even go grey automatically in lawless areas.

I really think this would make things way better to understand for new ppl and optically see what you are up to where the games correctly tells you what situation you are in while not taking away from those that wish to go on a rampage where ever they are but they need to show.
I personally find it silly that blues ride around, kill someone just to be blue shortly after again using it to disguise and checking tags is just a pain with vis range... a color says more than words 🙂

and yet again I can't stress enough that with the 2nd character not being tide to standings of the other this will be even more of an issue as avoiding going red becomes way easier.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
the game currently lets you know if a player is a criminal or a murderer as well as at war with another player. what will probably end up happening is alot of player will have a red charecter and a blue charecter and that is perfect.