Thievery Removed From Roadmap

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Other fun things to do as a Thief was to steal the enemy mage reagents on the battle field so they could not cast any more spells, lol...

What else was there, oh you could also use the skill to plant things on people too, so if you could catch a guy outside of town and put something illegal into his pockets you could then follow them into town and take their stuff once a guard killed them, lol... 🤣
I had someone plant a Myrland rose in my backpack back in MO1 in 2014 while I had my back turned banking my stuff. By the time I saw the message that someone had done that, the person had run off and to this day I still don't know who it was.

Thievery wasn't just for thieves, it was for everyone who had other intentions in mind.

• Haha
Reactions: CherryKush

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
Lmao scam roadmaps for a scam game. Noone in hell voted for POI or additional mounts over additional magic schools.

It's just shit they had ready beforehand (now think of what they held back piecemeal for the last 2 years since they are always "almost ready").

Rhias

May 28, 2020
As far as Henrik was saying on stream (not sure which stream it was), he said thievery would come hand in hand with assassination.. So bascially.. The whole rogue style of play would've been with thievery.

They were talking of having lighter armor increasing weakspot chance with weapons. I think on MO1 there was a backstab sub-category of dagger if i'm not mistaken. I checked one of the wikis and it says there was, but never played it.
Possibly there was a backstab special move with shitty animation that never anyone used.
You needed to hit the back of the head if I'm not mistaken.

Tripple Strike was much more efficient (in oneshotting not moving targets).

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
For those of you that have been here since Beta Thievery has always been "Right around the next corner" but has now been fully removed from the new roadmap altogether. It seems the new care bear crowd has won in keeping this playstyle that was one of the most fun to play from MO1 out of MO2.

So looks like you are going to get a new armor set instead of a wearable Tabard or Guild Emblem system so you'd actually know who your allies and enemy's are in battle.

New POI's, I bet you cant wait to go find those new broken structures that have a chest with 1 silver in it (thanks twitch stream for that funny)

A new creature! Wow one new creature, this is actually taking precedence over getting Thievery, one of the main and defining MO1 playstyles into the game. (Fun fact: MO1 actually made you sub to the game to get the Thievery abilities, They were not available in the Free to play version. This shows they knew people wanted to play a Thief and would pay to play it, they were right!)

I'll upload a pic of the Roadmap Henrik shared today if you missed the stream, but yeah, its a sad day for those of us that have waited now for 2 years to get to be able to play our thief/rouge/lockpicking class as its been completely removed from the Road map now.

View attachment 6272
I'm having second thoughts about staying subbed to the game now, this is such a disappointing turn of events with the way they conducted the poll.

Did they not foresee that merely requiring a Gmail account could potentially lead to astro-turfing on an absurd scale? Where even those who aren't part of the community, or those who hate the game for whatever reason, can chime in and have a hand at swaying the votes.

Henrik needs to redo the feature poll and this time make it so that it only allows those with a valid game account to participate. I'm getting sick of seeing thievery (which I consider to be part of the soul of MO2) being delayed again and again for no good reason.

grilo

Aug 12, 2020
well i doubt my vote was the template for this... but removing the armor set, and adding a magic school, and you would get my full list of votes honestly.

Reactions: Philocypher

grilo

Aug 12, 2020
Also your Int would roll against their Int to see if they would even get a message telling them you just Snooped or Pick-Pocketed them. So the big dumb guys were easier targets if you had a high Int thief 😁
im honestly glad that for once they released an update that wasnt aimed at griefing the other player... i learned from mortal 1 that given the chance most people will roleplay as the (#notall) peace of shit they are, but you need mechanics for the farmers, fishers, crafters, adventurers, explorers, builders...
i mean even thinking as a diseased individual, i would want for them to build the world first so that i could destroy it...

im glad that all 400 players and their alts are eager to pay, filled with creative ideas for destruction... but i would love to see the rest of the people try mortal online, because its the most safest taste you can get of the real world. (socialy ofc)

Last edited:

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I kind of expected that to happen, given the feature poll was an open door to anyone who had a Gmail account(s), instead of those who had a game account. I don't believe that this new roadmap reflects the views of the community much at all for that very reason.
Agreed,

Adding more of the same seems fluffy.

I would hope that the majority of the community would not want the future updates to be 80% fluff.

Last edited:

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021
I'm having second thoughts about staying subbed to the game now, this is such a disappointing turn of events with the way they conducted the poll.

Did they not foresee that merely requiring a Gmail account could potentially lead to astro-turfing on an absurd scale? Where even those who aren't part of the community, or those who hate the game for whatever reason, can chime in and have a hand at swaying the votes.

Henrik needs to redo the feature poll and this time make it so that it only allows those with a valid game account to participate. I'm getting sick of seeing thievery (which I consider to be part of the soul of MO2) being delayed again and again for no good reason.
Good luck finding the unsubscribe button good sir.

Philocypher

Nov 26, 2023
I think a lot of people voted explicitly against thievery being added.

I'm not sure if you realized this but the content the game's lacking is not ways to grief people. We actually have a huge variety of grief mechanics already.

Reactions: Eustaquio

manure

May 7, 2022
Im speechless.
Still not believing...

Instead of Boats or thievery with POISON as a bonus....
Players chose other stuff ???

Thievery shouldnt even be "in votation"...
It is part of Mortal Online... it was a MUST since day one.

And I subscribed just because i was sure thievery finally would be in game...
What a scam

manure

May 7, 2022
What else was there, oh you could also use the skill to plant things on people too, so if you could catch a guy outside of town and put something illegal into his pockets you could then follow them into town and take their stuff once a guard killed them, lol... 🤣
Man... that game (Mortal Online 1) was literally the BEST game ever...
My main was a thief too.. and it was granted fun 100% anytime I logged on !

Playing as a thief was the most fun thing you can imagine.
Its beyond understanding how they havent added thievery on MO2...
And now, the biggest chanve we had... people voted for NEW ARMOR or new POIs ???? Instead of thievery ?

This is very suspiscious...
I dare someone on this forum to confirm they voted for new armor or to add new POIs with worthless chests...

Please, someone confirm here...
Because its hard to believe.

Or maybe we are on the wrong game forum

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I think a lot of people voted explicitly against thievery being added.
That may or may not be the case, we have no way of knowing how many of those votes were even actually from people in the community who have vested interest and commitment to the game.

For all we know, the votes could have come from anybody. A bored random person who stumbled across this forum by accident. Someone who hates this game with a passion and happens to have many Gmail accounts. Heck, even a pet cat or dog who got on their owner's keyboard could've filled out the form.

Reactions: CherryKush

Philocypher

Nov 26, 2023
Man... that game (Mortal Online 1) was literally the BEST game ever...
My main was a thief too.. and it was granted fun 100% anytime I logged on !

Playing as a thief was the most fun thing you can imagine.
Its beyond understanding how they havent added thievery on MO2...
And now, the biggest chanve we had... people voted for NEW ARMOR or new POIs ???? Instead of thievery ?

This is very suspiscious...
I dare someone on this forum to confirm they voted for new armor or to add new POIs with worthless chests...

Please, someone confirm here...
Because its hard to believe.

Or maybe we are on the wrong game forum
I voted between 5-10 for new content like armor and POIs. I voted 1 for thievery. i don't want it. If you go into the discord or talk to random people in game you can get the same vibe everywhere. "we don't need more ways to grief other players."

I'm not sure how you guys can acknowledge that hardcore full loot style games are not popular and then pretend to be surprised that thievery is also not popular.

The players want things that build community, they want things to do in the game that don't involve griefing other players.

The people want Skyrim Online.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
I voted between 5-10 for new content like armor and POIs. I voted 1 for thievery. i don't want it. If you go into the discord or talk to random people in game you can get the same vibe everywhere. "we don't need more ways to grief other players."

I'm not sure how you guys can acknowledge that hardcore full loot style games are not popular and then pretend to be surprised that thievery is also not popular.

The players want things that build community, they want things to do in the game that don't involve griefing other players.

The people want Skyrim Online.
They can go play ESO then, this game is supposed to be hardcore with thievery not a farming simulator

manure

May 7, 2022

The people want Skyrim Online

As you said, there are plenty of games like ESO to be played, where you dont risk anything at all... Mortal Online was supposed to be hardcore.

Thievery should never be put into votation... it had to be implemented at once, without even research.

Its just like putting FULL LOOT on votation... or putting Free PVP on votation... makes no sense.

Plus, there are thousands of people that dont like playing as a thief.. theres always fewer players that plays this kind of evil style...
Its OBVIOUS that the results will be for no thieves...

If they made a votation about PKing, what do you think would be the results ?
Who likes to be PKed and lose all the stuff ?
Nobody.

It would never be accepted by the majority.

Thievery votation itself is already lame.

They even added poisoning as a plus... it should at least cater to more people interested in poisoning their weapons... helping alchemist playstyles... but nah...

What wins ?
New POIs and new armor.

Either scam or fraud

Philocypher

Nov 26, 2023
They can go play ESO then, this game is supposed to be hardcore with thievery not a farming simulator
ESO is a shit game but it's wildly more successful than mortal online.

What you think the game is supposed to be is your opinion and I'm glad you got to vote for what you believe in. I'm just simply explaining to you why ESO is wildly more successful than mortal online and why the votes turned out the way they did.

I log in and murder people. I don't play a veela, I don't run away. I'm either going to kill you or die, I don't even have anatomy in my build. Thievery is not in my nature, if I want your shit I'll pick it up off of your corpse. That's why I voted 1 on thievery. I also want people to leave the guard zones more. If they let me vote to remove the elite guard towers, that would be a 10 from me.

I digress, if you can't agree with the objective truth that thievery is just not something the general public wants, I don't know how to help you.

Philocypher

Nov 26, 2023
As you said, there are plenty of games like ESO to be played, where you dont risk anything at all... Mortal Online was supposed to be hardcore.

Thievery should never be put into votation... it had to be implemented at once, without even research.

Its just like putting FULL LOOT on votation... or putting Free PVP on votation... makes no sense.

Plus, there are thousands of people that dont like playing as a thief.. theres always fewer players that plays this kind of evil style...
Its OBVIOUS that the results will be for no thieves...

If they made a votation about PKing, what do you think would be the results ?
Who likes to be PKed and lose all the stuff ?
Nobody.

It would never be accepted by the majority.

Thievery votation itself is already lame.

They even added poisoning as a plus... it should at least cater to more people interested in poisoning their weapons... helping alchemist playstyles... but nah...

What wins ?
New POIs and new armor.

Either scam or fraud
I agree that thievery should not have been up for a vote. I'm glad you acknowledge the obvious result of a poll about thievery. Of course thievery is not going to be voted for.

I also think that there's no rush in bringing it into the game.

It's also a great candidate for a stealth addition. It shouldn't be a part of a roadmap, it shouldn't be announced beyond a line or two in the patch notes. One day, thievery just gets added to the game and people will cry.

I'm a red player and not in towns anyway, kinda irrelevant to me.