Why fat mage?

BlackSwan

Mar 21, 2022
Why do you have to be fat to have high intelligence, is it really impossible to change this system?

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Why do you have to be fat to have high intelligence, is it really impossible to change this system?

Because everyone knows the morbidly obese are WAY smarter than anyone else.

Fact is its about balance. That is it.

Reactions: Rynnik

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
It would be too OP to have a fast mage that can hit for unblockable 70s or 80s and have a large mana pool.

However i do wish they would give regular mages like 30% larger mana pool. It friken sucks to cast 5 spells and be almost out of mana on a Alvarin.

High damage should stay with fat mages.

Reactions: Hodo

Rhias

May 28, 2020
You can also go bony. Adds +10 int as well. Same int bonus as Bulging, but with less HP and more dex.

Reactions: Serverus

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
It would be too OP to have a fast mage that can hit for unblockable 70s or 80s and have a large mana pool.

However i do wish they would give regular mages like 30% larger mana pool. It friken sucks to cast 5 spells and be almost out of mana on a Alvarin.

High damage should stay with fat mages.

I would like to see foot mages just to be viable and not glorified hybrids with daggers.

Silenko

Jun 18, 2020
Benidorm. Spain
I remember someone from the Staff saying that they were going to look into weight classes because the lower weight classes were much more worse than their higher weight counterparts and that they wanted to change it so they would be more viable… that was a year ago.

Reactions: Gnidex and Jatix

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
I remember someone from the Staff saying that they were going to look into weight classes because the lower weight classes were much more worse than their higher weight counterparts and that they wanted to change it so they would be more viable… that was a year ago.
The pile of stuff to revisit grows every patch... Doesn't inspire tremendous confidence, and as much as I'd love the game to succeed in whatever way SV is trying to, it is getting quite hard to huff this copium.

Reactions: Gnidex

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
I would like to see foot mages just to be viable and not glorified hybrids with daggers.
There is a very, very slim chance of that ever happening as long as the majority of the playerbase cries about how OP mages are as they cut down swathes of mages. ;P

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
There is a very, very slim chance of that ever happening as long as the majority of the playerbase cries about how OP mages are as they cut down swathes of mages. ;P

Yep the same chances as kerosene soaked flash paper airplanes chances in hell.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
i agree the problem lies within a secondary skill that allows footfighters to run faster then mages. my suggestion is to add a couple spells from ecumenical that pair with brawling allowing mages to have increased damage on brawling that scales off int/psych and the ability to block with a spellbuff aswell so they can keep their momentum. you can see my post in feedback and suggestions from the last few days.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
i agree the problem lies within a secondary skill that allows footfighters to run faster then mages. my suggestion is to add a couple spells from ecumenical that pair with brawling allowing mages to have increased damage on brawling that scales off int/psych and the ability to block with a spellbuff aswell so they can keep their momentum. you can see my post in feedback and suggestions from the last few days.
It isnt secondary skills that allows a foot fighter to run faster then a mage. Both mages and foot fighters have access to the same foot movement skills. The issue is several fold, in no real order.

- Mages have to stop to cast any spell. This can be from 2.2 seconds to 5 seconds not including latency and player reaction, this could increase these cast times a full second.

- The issue that heavy armor has the minimum of effect on stamina regeneration and zero effect on movement speed. (I can already hear the detractors now, "Buh, we train heavy armor training, buh!". So does this mean if my foot mage trains heavy armor training and doesnt wear heavy armor he should move faster then you IN heavy armor?)

- Range. Range on most spells is less than that of any bow type in game. A typical crepite short bow has a good 34m range advantage over ANY spell in the Ecuminical or Spiritism list. Not to mention a higher sustained DPS against soft targets. This is not to say that archery in MO2 is the end all be all, good god does it have issues that need to be addressed also. It is WOEFULLY underwhelming against anything in armor.

So my suggestion to fix two of these to bring mages more in line with foot fighters is simple.

1- If a mage has twice the required max skill of the spell being cast they can cast it while running. This means a mage will need a skill level of 50 to cast Outburst while on the move and a ecuminical skill of 80 to cast greater heal while moving. You could even take it to a factor of 2.5x the level which means you would need 63 to cast Outburst and 100 for Greater Healing. And makes spells like thunderlash, flamestrike, fulmination completely impossible to cast while moving. Putting the damage output on par with a short bow on soft targets and slightly above average on armored.

2- If the first suggestion is not implemented then, slow down people in heavy armor vs the same skilled individual in soft or light armor. Athletes do not race in 50lbs (24.5kg) of gear.

Reactions: Gnidex and Elijah

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
It isnt secondary skills that allows a foot fighter to run faster then a mage. Both mages and foot fighters have access to the same foot movement skills. The issue is several fold, in no real order.

- Mages have to stop to cast any spell. This can be from 2.2 seconds to 5 seconds not including latency and player reaction, this could increase these cast times a full second.

- The issue that heavy armor has the minimum of effect on stamina regeneration and zero effect on movement speed. (I can already hear the detractors now, "Buh, we train heavy armor training, buh!". So does this mean if my foot mage trains heavy armor training and doesnt wear heavy armor he should move faster then you IN heavy armor?)

- Range. Range on most spells is less than that of any bow type in game. A typical crepite short bow has a good 34m range advantage over ANY spell in the Ecuminical or Spiritism list. Not to mention a higher sustained DPS against soft targets. This is not to say that archery in MO2 is the end all be all, good god does it have issues that need to be addressed also. It is WOEFULLY underwhelming against anything in armor.

So my suggestion to fix two of these to bring mages more in line with foot fighters is simple.

1- If a mage has twice the required max skill of the spell being cast they can cast it while running. This means a mage will need a skill level of 50 to cast Outburst while on the move and a ecuminical skill of 80 to cast greater heal while moving. You could even take it to a factor of 2.5x the level which means you would need 63 to cast Outburst and 100 for Greater Healing. And makes spells like thunderlash, flamestrike, fulmination completely impossible to cast while moving. Putting the damage output on par with a short bow on soft targets and slightly above average on armored.

2- If the first suggestion is not implemented then, slow down people in heavy armor vs the same skilled individual in soft or light armor. Athletes do not race in 50lbs (24.5kg) of gear.
But then how will footies run down dex mages consistently? This is OP. Mage survivability is required to be nonexistent. If a mage can outrun footfighters in 50lbs of gear then FF will have to make intelligent choices about what armor they wear! Oh my god! So game breaking! How could you suggest such a thing?! My brain is melting at thought of these insightful ideas.

• Haha
Reactions: Xyndius and Hodo

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
A shame SV isn't competent enough to be able to implement any of these fine ideas.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
A shame SV isn't competent enough to be able to implement any of these fine ideas.
Well first... that would require SV to actually read the forums and not just sit on Reddit or in some Twitch streamers chat.

Second... they would actually have to like me or pay attention to anything anyone has suggested.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022

yes both footies and mages have the same access to momentum and combat movement however a mage doesnt benefit from them. in order for a mage to benefit from them they hafto pull out a weapon , its verry counter intuitive because then the mage hasto put the weapon away to cast. However this is not the case for brawling a mage can brawl and cast while empty handed. wich is why i made a suggestion to make 2 spells in the basic magic school(ecumenical) One for offense and one for defense while using brawling. the offense one would apply on hit damage dependent on int/psych/ecumenical skill and the defensive spell would allow mages to block physical attacks while brawling dependent on int/psych with a small percentage of reflected damage from scribe possibly. when a footfighter wants to run they dont sacrafice their ability to attack and defend themselves.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
yes both footies and mages have the same access to momentum and combat movement however a mage doesnt benefit from them. in order for a mage to benefit from them they hafto pull out a weapon , its verry counter intuitive because then the mage hasto put the weapon away to cast. However this is not the case for brawling a mage can brawl and cast while empty handed. wich is why i made a suggestion to make 2 spells in the basic magic school(ecumenical) One for offense and one for defense while using brawling. the offense one would apply on hit damage dependent on int/psych/ecumenical skill and the defensive spell would allow mages to block physical attacks while brawling dependent on int/psych with a small percentage of reflected damage from scribe possibly. when a footfighter wants to run they dont sacrafice their ability to attack and defend themselves.

It would be cool to see a "monk" style magic school. Where you can channel your psy into your damage with melee.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
It would be cool to see a "monk" style magic school. Where you can channel your psy into your damage with melee.
NO this is the problem you dont add a new primary to fix another primary. we mages see this issue has happened with every magic school added to the game henrik always says "this will fix the mage playstyle" it doesnt. it just adds necro's and spirits's and elementalists. it never actually solves the first problem.

TBH for all we know elementalism might already have this in it but i have an issue with releaseing a school that has 70 spells when there are already at least 1 spell in each other school that dont work properly.

my solution is a minimal one and fixes multiple issues. its a win win. fairly simple to implement and fixes multiple problems.

footies gunna say things like well then mages dont hafto spend money on a weapon. to that i say ok make a ruber a reg to cast the spell.

Well now mages can stand toe to toe with a footie thats not fair! to that i say it would be like a fully armored tank with a steel sword fighting a naked with a flakestone sword.

Reactions: Elijah

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
NO this is the problem you dont add a new primary to fix another primary. we mages see this issue has happened with every magic school added to the game henrik always says "this will fix the mage playstyle" it doesnt. it just adds necro's and spirits's and elementalists. it never actually solves the first problem.

TBH for all we know elementalism might already have this in it but i have an issue with releaseing a school that has 70 spells when there are already at least 1 spell in each other school that dont work properly.

I am not saying that would fix anything it was just a thought that I think is a cool magic school to add.

And as I said in a DM to you, yes I know how the movement system works.. probably better than most.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
Oh i forgot to mention is also fixes the fact that brawling is garbo until we get fist weapons. it would fix that too. However the spells should only be usable while unarmed. it would also make it easier to bandage and use pots.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Oh i forgot to mention is also fixes the fact that brawling is garbo until we get fist weapons. it would fix that too. However the spells should only be usable while unarmed. it would also make it easier to bandage and use pots.

Again.. brawling is just that. Have you ever punched someone with a helmet on? I have on the football field, it was a VERY bad idea.