Need separate keybinds for overhead/thrust for attack and block

Royboy13

Jul 28, 2022
People's initial reaction to this question is to disregard or misunderstand. Please read the details.

In my opinion, movement attacking and movement blocking is superior. That's Ok if you disagree. As it stands now, if you have "Direction modifiers charge attacks" checked (a requirement to use movement attacking) we do not having separate hotkeys for movement blocking or attacking. There is one hotkey for overhead and one for thrust. We need four total hotkeys Overhead block, overhead attack, thrust attack, thrust block. This will help solve buggy blocking problems that myself and newer members in my guild have with buggy blocks.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
People's initial reaction to this question is to disregard or misunderstand. Please read the details.

In my opinion, movement attacking and movement blocking is superior. That's Ok if you disagree. As it stands now, if you have "Direction modifiers charge attacks" checked (a requirement to use movement attacking) we do not having separate hotkeys for movement blocking or attacking. There is one hotkey for overhead and one for thrust. We need four total hotkeys Overhead block, overhead attack, thrust attack, thrust block. This will help solve buggy blocking problems that myself and newer members in my guild have with buggy blocks.

wat up.

Peep: hold block and hold the button that is attack modifier, so like Q or F and that's a block.

Peace.

Doom and Gloom

Mar 12, 2022
Idk about this one but I noticed if I set my default attack to thrust, I am unable to block sideways, I can only block down or up (with the overhead hotkey).

Royboy13

Jul 28, 2022
wat up.

Peep: hold block and hold the button that is attack modifier, so like Q or F and that's a block.

Peace.

I appreciate you responding with this. You have it backwards but thats what everyone tells me when I mention this and I fear this is what the developers think as well. If you want to play movement keys for attacking you need to check "Direction modifiers charge attack". That means when i hit a modifier - it immediately attacks (Like i want it to) but that means i cant use it to change teh direction of my block. Thats the issue.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I appreciate you responding with this. You have it backwards but thats what everyone tells me when I mention this and I fear this is what the developers think as well. If you want to play movement keys for attacking you need to check "Direction modifiers charge attack". That means when i hit a modifier - it immediately attacks (Like i want it to) but that means i cant use it to change teh direction of my block. Thats the issue.

Why do you want to play movement keys for attacking w/ direction modifiers charge attack? You don't need to, just hold the button and click to charge. You can move just fine. It's not optimal, which is why I prefer to use click drag cuz you can just toggle the arrow (tho it can get wonky, sure.) I tried directional charge and I was like ?!?!??! Did not see what the point of it was haha.

Royboy13

Jul 28, 2022
Why do you want to play movement keys for attacking w/ direction modifiers charge attack? You don't need to, just hold the button and click to charge. You can move just fine. It's not optimal, which is why I prefer to use click drag cuz you can just toggle the arrow (tho it can get wonky, sure.) I tried directional charge and I was like ?!?!??! Did not see what the point of it was haha.

You can disagree with me if you want but holding a modifier and then left clicking brings in another area for buggy attacks. Direction modifier charging attacks is faster and much more reliable. I don't need people to agree that its much better - I just want extra hotkeys so I can play the way I want. You can't argue the fact that for those that want to use direction modifiers to charge attack + movement keys only - we don't have enough hotkeys. A VERY simple change and something perfect for "Project Polish" - please devs.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
You can disagree with me if you want but holding a modifier and then left clicking brings in another area for buggy attacks. Direction modifier charging attacks is faster and much more reliable. I don't need people to agree that its much better - I just want extra hotkeys so I can play the way I want. You can't argue the fact that for those that want to use direction modifiers to charge attack + movement keys only - we don't have enough hotkeys. A VERY simple change and something perfect for "Project Polish" - please devs.

Nah, do you, but I'm just saying that you don't 'need' to do that in case you thought you did. You can just pull a swing. MO1 was like that all the way thru, blocks and attacks.

Royboy13

Jul 28, 2022
Are you arguing that clicking one button vs clicking two buttons is the same? If you have to click 2 buttons you open yourself up to missing a block, and its exactly twice as fast to click one button than to click 2. Im not quite sure what youre trying to say

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I appreciate the response though.

Yeah, basically we're not on the same page is all. Either way, I support what you want, if that's what you want. I also want the ability to work drag and click and click and drag, then I could finally settle into something. But the arrows disappear as soon as you do. Rip.