Who actually thought this would be different.

Pocketss

May 21, 2022
Hello boys and girls. I’d like to know something from the vets. Cause the nubs did not do their homework on MO1

Who actually thought this would be better than mO1.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
I thought the graphics would be better, maybe make nodelines better and figure out something for the ping. Also i hoped all the duped stuff would be reset. Didnt think much else would change balance wise.

Graphics are definitely better. Nodelines and ping are slightly better (for some). Duping hasnt changed much.

Henrik hasnt changed one bit by the way. Still overpromising and under delivering. 100k server…

Last edited:

Pocketss

May 21, 2022
I thought the graphics would be better, maybe make nodelines better and figure out something for the ping. Also i hoped all the duped stuff would be reset. Didnt think much else would change balance wise.

Graphics are definitely better. Nodelines and ping are slightly better (for some). Duping hasnt changed much.

Henrik hasnt changed one bit by the way. Still overpromising and under delivering. 100k server…

Ahh Jackd I knew it would be the same. Till the end of MO1 it was still a buggy mess. Upgrading to a knee engine was not going to teach them to code over night.

I’ll give you. Graphics are better that’s it. But most of its assets. So I don’t give them credit :).

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Dudes better search your heart. I'd say most all of us thought this would be different, even the people who speak against SV, from the start... almost everyone did. However, lol... I mean I didn't think it could go down like this, let's say. If someone wants to say I legit thought it would start and continue on like it has, ok, but I dunno if I believe even the most pessimistic person would.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
The entire reason I picked up MO2 is I'm I was like "MO1 was a total trash game but the premise behind it was amazing. Surely they've learned from their mistakes and it will be better this time."

I do think it's SLIGHTLY better than what I experienced in early MO1. But I definitely am disappointed at how little they truly seem to have learned.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Yeah, you're right. The forum whining is exactly the same.
why would complaining stop if the reason for the complaining still happens. Like I never touched MO1 and so have a lot of the other people who started playing during the beta. Guess what, we all complain the same way the mo1 vets do.

You change nothing in how you operate, get new people in your game and they say the same things as the old people. Probably SVs fault not the communities.

Reactions: Daikos and Jatix

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
I hoped it would be different and there were signs in early development/beta that SV had learnt some things. Then that hope started to dwindle after some combat changes in Beta, then continued to dwindle even more when the abortion of steam release happened, followed by almost every patch since release, changing things that didn't need to be changed, catering to the same people who steered MO1 into the wrong direction.

SV's priority ladder is all over the show, there doesn't appear to be any actual logical plan. Just a bunch of half implemented systems that rely on other systems to function, and those systems are also half implemented or not implemented at all.Then the next patch just adds another half implemented system, without focusing on the previous half implemented systems. It's MO1 priority ladder all over again.

In saying that, SV doesn't appear to be going 1 step forward, 2 steps back, like with MO1. With MO2 it's like 1 step forward and 1.5 steps back. So I guess there's that....

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
What's funny is I remember saying the games going to flop on a bunch of threads pre launch and some guy bitched that I was being salty (which to be fair I was lmao) and he gave a massive wall of text on why this will do way better than MO1 steam launch. He was very wrong. MO1 steam launch had a much lower peak but the fall wasnt nearly as bad. Game has done nothing to fix the issues of MO1, and has created more issues while 'trying' to fix some of them. So many bad concepts are copy paste straight from MO1. and then most of the changes are just bad. Like 1 char slot to, huge empty world, trash standing system that feels like its 20% finished. Etc. The core of MO2 just really isn't that fun of a game. MO1 sucked but the fun potential was there to the people who could tough out the really rough start. This game just has 2x+ the walking and down time, and more limitations. With way less content. Not sure why anyone still plays TBH. Nothing really has purpose. Its hard to do anything and feel liek its 'progress' in a dying game. And most pvp is sub par and too hard to find.

Reactions: MolagAmur

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Call me crazy, but this game was a borderline scam. Henrik sold as many copies as possible, KNOWING the server had a capacity limit (which was 1% of sales btw). Then after we sat in DAYS long queues for 3 weeks (which no more refun after 2h btw) they do some half assed idea of more instances that created free farm and exploits. Im honestly surprised they didnt get people trying for a lawsuit.

Keeps were built in a day. In MO1 you needed 100 advanced engineering to even place a keep, which im assuming they forgot to add with MO1 since literally everything was so rushed. Exploited gold that SV couldn't track and never deleted. They didn't disable keeps after realizing things weren't going as intended.

I could go on and on. They really should have shut down the game and did a re-release after they saw the mess they created. They won't get another chance as big as that ever again. And it fucking sucks...because I really wanted this game to take off.

Man, I was hyped. My guild was hyped. We had plans. But it wasn't long and it felt like I went back in time and was playing MO1 roaming the map looking for some meaningless PvP. Gave me ptsd. I'm sure a lot of us will be back at some point, but game needs a miracle.

EDIT: To clarify, I know its not a scam now. The game is being developed and subs haven't even started. Its very barebones still and can be good in the future. But I promise you, thousands of people felt like they got scammed after not even being able to get into the game reliably weeks after launch.

P.S. youre welcome for the massive wall of text. I feel like Emdash.

Reactions: Jatix

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Call me crazy, but this game was a borderline scam. Henrik sold as many copies as possible, KNOWING the server had a capacity limit (which was 1% of sales btw). Then after we sat in DAYS long queues for 3 weeks (which no more refun after 2h btw) they do some half assed idea of more instances that created free farm and exploits. Im honestly surprised they didnt get people trying for a lawsuit.

Keeps were built in a day. In MO1 you needed 100 advanced engineering to even place a keep, which im assuming they forgot to add with MO1 since literally everything was so rushed. Exploited gold that SV couldn't track and never deleted. They didn't disable keeps after realizing things weren't going as intended.

I could go on and on. They really should have shut down the game and did a re-release after they saw the mess they created. They won't get another chance as big as that ever again. And it fucking sucks...because I really wanted this game to take off.

Man, I was hyped. My guild was hyped. We had plans. But it wasn't long and it felt like I went back in time and was playing MO1 roaming the map looking for some meaningless PvP. Gave me ptsd. I'm sure a lot of us will be back at some point, but game needs a miracle.

EDIT: To clarify, I know its not a scam now. The game is being developed and subs haven't even started. Its very barebones still and can be good in the future. But I promise you, thousands of people felt like they got scammed after not even being able to get into the game reliably weeks after launch.

From the company that brought you Mortal Royale a 1000-player battle royale which has about 10 players on launch

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
1) it's still in beta state, 80% of the core content isn't there ... so calling for doom right now is quite shortsighted, especially if you remember mo1.

2) we'll see how they handle TC & city building:
- instead of adding climbing skill & roaming guards (like mo1 should have had, as designed, to not have broken palissades), they removed palissades ... i suspect because they didn't want to recode the horrible placement system ... remember wall placement in mo1?
While T1 wall (wooden walls) should be fast enough, and easily destructible with blunt&fire, T2-T3 walls should have been huge projects, like sarducaa bridge ... or even slower : it should have been a huge amount of works, over weeks to finish ... with difficulties to carry huge amount of rocks on heights (why horse still capable to go on mountains like they don't have 600kg in bags?) : there was your balance for building around important stuff ... now these hotspots are impossible.
- lets see if tavern with poker & music doesn't come in 3 years.
- lets see if town are not totally useless economically ... and yes towns should only survive if it can exploit the surrounding ressources well enough.
- lets see wagon & ships & seasonal ressources

for the rest:
- the IA is far better ... now we are almost at crap standart we see everywhere (pull / agro / leash).
- some parts of the map are badly modeled, with round hills & emptiness.
- tindrem is of terrible design, it almost feels like a dev placed everything, without any logic on how a city is built .... for example there should be a big avenue from the gate to the castle, for the emperor to go home & parade with his legions. Here stuff are place everywhere for no purpose, tiles on the groud are horribly placed ... etc.
- the jungle was modeled better in mo1 ... where are the wine ropes and huge bushes? where are the world trees? where you could climb on its root in a maze like fashion, quite high? the ones we have here are sad.

Reactions: CrgHck

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Call me crazy, but this game was a borderline scam.

You got a long way to go before you can produce a true wall of text. haha.

But, yea... I mean I keep thinking about the 100k copies sold and am starting to wonder if there was like a 90k copy bundle sold in south america that they would just rattle off for 5 dollars each. Not that I really think 100k happened, but that would make more sense. Always a bit of truth in something'.

Game is a scam. Nobody would have played beta, imo, if they knew how bad launch was gonna be. Every possible aspiration ended within a few days after launch, and if it didn't, you were either camping hard or 'doing what ya do' to get gainz.

STILL, once they got the alt servers up, it was ok for awhile. Dead but OK. Weird issues swapping, but in general... less lag, etc. Then it's like WOW WE'RE TAKING THEM DOWN CUZ DUPING. It's like ?? lol. Now it's like don't trade u might get blown up by a HACKER. It's like man... imo it's really bad.

Maybe the transparency makes it seem worse than MO1, but I dunno. I feel like it somehow IS worse. I feel like it's surprising to see people who didn't play MO1 still on this game. I feel like... even tho MO1 was misguided, it did have a vision. MO2 is just... like if someone asked me to describe MO2, I wouldn't know what to say.

Reactions: Jatix and MolagAmur
D

Dracu

Hello boys and girls. I’d like to know something from the vets. Cause the nubs did not do their homework on MO1

Who actually thought this would be better than mO1.
Alpha looked promising and i fell for the "we learned from 15 years of experience" line, well ... Turned out otherwise.

It is way better on a technical lvl.
But the optimisation.... The map size ... Mo1 design...

Reactions: Bladeer01

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
each time i see a drama , it's like getting stabbed in the back ... right now i sorta wait for nex continent and sht ( cause yea now it's more mo1.2 than mo2 )

D

Dracu

each time i see a drama , it's like getting stabbed in the back ... right now i sorta wait for nex continent and sht ( cause yea now it's more mo1.2 than mo2 )
In hinndsight its so dissappointing that they just remade myrland. Wonder if it would have been a better decision if they went for a new continent in the beginning, make it smaller and then reintroduce myrland as a welcome back to the roots.... Later if the population could handle it. Rediscovering what you already know has its charm but only for so long... Especially when it feels worse due to size as the predecessor game... Afterall the ide of seen that, done that hit way to early and made it atleast from a returning players perspective rather meh.... As it stands iam less excited for a new continent especially one i have bad memories with (sarducaa)... Cant wait for it to split the remnants of the community...again

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bladeer01

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
In hinndsight its so dissappointing that they just remade myrland. Wonder if it would have been a better decision if they went for a new continent in the beginning, make it smaller and then reintroduce myrland as a welcome back to the roots.... Later if the population could handle it. Rediscovering what you already know has its charm but only for so long... Especially when it feels worse due to size as the predecessor game... Afterall the ide of seen that, done that hit way to early and made it atleast from a returning players perspective rather meh.... As it stands iam less excited for a new continent especially one i have bad memories with (sarducaa)... Cant wait for it to split the remnants of the community...again

Honestly, I think the biggest problem was the absolute refusal to do anything different

Reactions: Daikos and Dracu
D

Dracu

Honestly, I think the biggest problem was the absolute refusal to do anything different
Yeah might be, they were extremly reluctant in changing since from mo1 to mo2. They got rid of butchery extravtion timer pretty much completly but did only reduce for extraction by a bit... Feels half assed.

Reactions: Jatix

GOOOOSE

May 29, 2020

You forgot the part where whole guilds were exploiting through the queue as well. On top of copy pasting gold everywhere through turtle methods and haven exploitation. If the playing field wasn't even fair from the first moment, then land should not have been up for grabs.

Reactions: Jatix and MolagAmur