How to alienate your PVP community

oykd

Nov 26, 2020
chill guys its part of henriks dream or hes team ! 100k copies sold 9k active hourly chill :D

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I think SV is simply responding to substantial critical feedback against excessive pvp of the dastardly sort near town. This is where new players are coming into the mainland fresh off the boat, as it were, only to be met with bloodthirsty pkers who proceed to gank them over and over.

While pvp is a big part of the game, it is clearly not the only part of the game. There are players who just want to pve, craft, or gather. While many non-pvp vets have found their own way of getting by the omnipresent pvp, many new players to the game don't have this concept of self-reliance or the know-how.

As far as penalties go, a time cost associated with dying as a red (especially if playing as a bandit) is a suitable form of penalty as far as I'm concerned. The saying time is money is true here. And having to be sent some distance away from town is actually giving the victims of pking some breathing space and a chance to lick their wounds.

Yeah but they are "fixing" the new player experience by making the game absolutly tedious for pvprs (not even rpks). Law should help noobs not make the game shit for everyone else.

This Is what happens with SV, for them challenging equals time consumption. Shoulda thought about the noobs when making shit tier towns surrounded by materials instead of promoting exploration and good use of the territory.

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
FYI it does not cost you 3k gold to make a rez mage. It cost you a handfull golds for broker spiritboxes and alot of time casting spells to lvl spiritism.
err.. looking at the prices and exp gain for spells, it will cost a bit more than a handfull of gold to lvl spiritism. More like a few hundred gold. sry.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
They need to make it like in darfall. A horse can be turned into "a horse figurine", would weight about 20-30% of your carry weight and you can spawn it like a pokemon!
Make reds RED again, homepriest spawning as ghost disabled instead a recall function like 2 mins cast time uberloud, which you can use when losing your horse in the middle of nowhere to get back to anything really.

ANG showing how they fail since ´97
Somehow farming for mounts was more fun in DF since there was a chance element to it and you get excited when you got one. Not the boringness of walk to x location then walk back

Wollkneul

May 28, 2020
Players should enforce the consequences. The old red priests should not have been moved in my opinion.

If a player is killing people outside of town, this game is supposed to have a community to rally around and stop the player from killing people. Simply put, kill that player until they run out of gear to re-gear, hence neutralizing the threat and making them see the consequences of their actions. People will learn soon enough that every time that player is around to be wary or be prepared to destroy them again if they attack others.

If you can't topple the oppressor, then stay oppressed until you gather the strength to be viable. That's reality, it will suck, but hey, learn to cope.

I just quote my argument from a previous post:

"The basic flaw with the argument, that players can just guard the GY is that it doesn't account for the boredom inequality.

A RPK can decide to do whatever he wants. He can go to the GY or do something else with his time. In any case he can always do what he wants and get fun out of that

A group defending the GY can't do that. They would either have to stay there the whole time, or they would be summoned. In any way, there is no guarantee for them to have fun since RPKs couldn't just show up or already have fled the scene.

The defenders activity is intrinsically more boring."

alabugin

Apr 10, 2022
You could try to recruit a rez spiritist to your guild, problem solved.
Edit: While I do agree that the moving of red priests is a obvious problem in your situation, getting compensation(reset rep) would open flood gates for anyone who has been "fucked over" by changes. The solution to your problem is simple, rez spiritist.

Exactly. There are game mechanics implemented for people that want to play RPK, and it requires a spiritist. Find a friend spiritist, or make an alt.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Imagine building a house to regear close to a red priest at a town.
Then imagine SV moved the priest farther away and you need to build a new house.
Then they removed the red priests outside towns and you need to build a third house at a keep.
And then SV removes the red priests from keeps.

Damn, SV must be really enjoying to fuck people over.
Extreamly messed up moving preist around after people built houses. People put alot of effort into those houses which they now need to let fall or ask a gm to delete with no refund.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Exactly. There are game mechanics implemented for people that want to play RPK, and it requires a spiritist. Find a friend spiritist, or make an alt.
Already was ingame mechanica for people to not die to pvpers but blue players kept asking for more artifical punishments to make the game less pvp freindly.

Your just being hypocritical.

And its not a appropriate game play loop to say you are not allowed to say you have to respawn with out bothering some guild mate to waste their time ressing you. And then saying buy another alt account and get full spiritism on it which you will most likely have to rmt for.

Wollkneul

May 28, 2020
Already was ingame mechanica for people to not die to pvpers but blue players kept asking for more artifical punishments to make the game less pvp freindly.

Your just being hypocritical.

And its not a appropriate game play loop to say you are not allowed to say you have to respawn with out bothering some guild mate to waste their time ressing you. And then saying buy another alt account and get full spiritism on it which you will most likely have to rmt for.

You were one of the players that thought killing newbs would be a legitimate form of protest.

So I guess...

Attachments

• c0e.png
    c0e.png
    294.6 KB · Views: 2

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
you should just be able to respawn and set a spawn location toy our home using an ankh as a piece of furniture like uo. you guild stone should also be in your fort or house or keep so that if its destoryed so is your guild. howver reserve the name to the person who orinigly created it so that cant be trolled.

D

Deleted member 44

SV changes game to fit carebears. Carebears leave anyway because the game is a dumpster fire. PvPers leave because the game is more carebear. SV 101.

Reactions: Jatix and serge

serge

Dec 22, 2021
Everyone of my friends who I brought in from other pvp or melee games flat out just quit this game because it's too tedious for pvpers. It's sad SV didn't take opportunity to just embrace the full loot mmorpg / survival game audience. There is a large market for it. A lot of people came here expecting a full loot pvp game but we got some weird role-playing pvp game that let's people "punish" the people who want to partake in the only fun part of this game the pvp combat lol

What you said in your post is the reason 90% of the population are in towns. They get excited when criminals come to give them pvp content. This ensures they don't have to travel for pvp and also can regear fast.

Skylandyr

Jul 27, 2021
Or, you could, you know, instead of an artificial blockage to pvp in the form of a 30 minute naked walk, or 50 minute if you died to a bear on the way, you could... idk, have guards patrol around towns? Or let's say you're too lazy of a developer to work on that, ok, no problem, implement your artificial pvp block, but, before doing it, make a poll. Ask the community, is this a good idea? If you can't be bothered to even make a stupid poll, how about you announce it 1 week prior? So we know how fcked we are and we can move our houses, waste our money and resources in preparation for the next PVP cuckhold? Oh wait, you won't do that either....

I understand where you are coming from, and i understand these changes and why they were made, but the way in which they were made is disgusting.
in mo1 they tried the artifical pvp block for new players and everyone just rolled alts that were protected and went up to gaul kor and farmed cronite with no penalty LOL these developers never think anything through

Skylandyr

Jul 27, 2021
questionable, imho it's wrong, bc
most people i meet outside of cities are gathering, pve or smth. like that and dont fight each other or attack me.

there is different ways in engaging to PvP, you choosed a way that needs the most dedication to it, because it's diametral opposing all other playstyles.
You can declare war on a severyl guilds and PVP all day without going grey or cannot rezz at a blue priest.
You can also PvP and avoid criminal actions, yes i know it's a disadvantage, but still possible and therefore a challenge that needs some extra dedication too.

I can tell you that the games you mentioned dont excell in my RPvEvP playstyle in any way, therefor i play Mortal, but i dont play it for PvP only!
I enjoy the open PvP full loot setting while focussing on immersion, pve, gathering, roleplay...

The "PvP Community" has introduced themself to me rather elitist and oneyed in their claims and wants and how they think about other playstyles and this game be more of a RPG than a PvP only game.
you have not insulted any other players, thats really refreshing and let me hope :D

this ^

another point i want to make is that "the PvP Community" had overstressed it almost everytime they got the freedom they want.
Every RPG with open PvP needs to limit this because it gets out of hand and griefing alienates more players than the whole "PVP community" consists of.

understandable
but well, things change, adapt or die. Other playstyles also have "problems".

agree on that.

What "the PVP Community" is maybe missing is, that there is not only "the PVP Community" but also the RPG, PVE, Gatherer, Fishermen and -Women degoratively named "the Carebears & Noobs Community" who also like to play this "hardcore" game and nobody want to ruin anything, but to find compromises.
While several playstyles are diametral opposing each other, there need to be the willingness to do a compromise.
The "RPG, PVE, Gatherer etc.. Community" is already willing to play in a open PVP full loot game and they dont mind to get ambushed, killed, robbed, ganked, griefed and insulted sometimes, but this is only bearable ones in a while.
So "the PvP Community" got a War System that excludes them from Reploss and MC so they can PvP all day within each other - like a soft way to have consensual PVP.
And while the non-consneual PvP has consequences and need to be toned down for the compromise, everybody can still choose to do so.

imho there need to me some more consequencies.
If you priestcamp in JC for example the NPC's shouldn't interact with you, while not having Anam Sith Guards, the NPC could refuse to trade with someone with a bad reputation and killing people in front of their eyes.

I want open PvP, i can deal with PK's around, but they allways overtress it and have zero empathy for their fellow players, it's allways only "the PvP Community" and we want this and that and we give a fuck about PvE Noobs and Carebears.
Well this way a lot of games and communities become toxic and dont make it in the long run.
have you ever actually played as a red or a detested red if you did youd find the punishments suitable enough

Skylandyr

Jul 27, 2021
You guys are missing the point altogether, it doesnt matter that there are systems in place to punish murderers, its 100% fine to punish murderers, its when you implement these changes with no notice, and when you put artificial blocks to PVP that make absolutely no sense that there is a problem.

I never said there shouldn't be a punishment system for committing crimes, but guards patrolling around roads is more than enough...
Walking for 30-50 minutes is retarded, absolutely retarded, if you ever tell an outsider that this is a game mechanic they will call your game shit. And it is.... shit...
so true when i tell my friends from albion about mortals pvp they are interested they think the pvp looks fun and the game looks good then after i explain the rep system and pvp punishment factor they tell me why would you play that shit game and they are right no other pvp game punishes pvp its so dumb because this game is dependent on pvp but all these carebears would rather complain about dying when gear is so replacable and people dying is good for the games economy

Skylandyr

Jul 27, 2021
Everyone of my friends who I brought in from other pvp or melee games flat out just quit this game because it's too tedious for pvpers. It's sad SV didn't take opportunity to just embrace the full loot mmorpg / survival game audience. There is a large market for it. A lot of people came here expecting a full loot pvp game but we got some weird role-playing pvp game that let's people "punish" the people who want to partake in the only fun part of this game the pvp combat lol

What you said in your post is the reason 90% of the population are in towns. They get excited when criminals come to give them pvp content. This ensures they don't have to travel for pvp and also can regear fast.
couldnt agree more everyone i brought in quit because of the roleplay pvp we all wanted full loot pvp thats what we baught the game for and its sad my whole guild has quit because of these stupid pvp punishments if the game didnt have these punishments the game would have so many more players huge albion and eve and rust audience would be here playing im sure of it

Reactions: Jatix

Xenom

Feb 23, 2022
so true when i tell my friends from albion about mortals pvp they are interested they think the pvp looks fun and the game looks good then after i explain the rep system and pvp punishment factor they tell me why would you play that shit game and they are right no other pvp game punishes pvp its so dumb because this game is dependent on pvp but all these carebears would rather complain about dying when gear is so replacable and people dying is good for the games economy

Well the problem is that in comparison to albion that most of the pvp in mortal is not in yet basically.
The Mc and rep system is the mechanic that prevents non stop pking what albion did with blue and yellow zones, while red and black zones which are the pvp zones in albion after all are not there in MO2 mechanic wise at all.

So right now we have sluggish anti pk mechanics and no mechanics for pvp at all besides Duell and the wardec with consent of both guilds tho I wouldn't call these pvp mechanics overall🙃

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Wow it must suck to suck. No one said red life was easy, yet I see a lot of PVP still, except now its not lone wolf gankers running around trying to kill solo miners or farmers in the graveyards. Its coordinated groups of players doing things together so they DONT die. Welcome to the birth of nation building in game.

• Haha
Reactions: Deleted member 44
D

Deleted member 44

Wow it must suck to suck. No one said red life was easy, yet I see a lot of PVP still, except now its not lone wolf gankers running around trying to kill solo miners or farmers in the graveyards. Its coordinated groups of players doing things together so they DONT die. Welcome to the birth of nation building in game.
What a great take. Game is better because everyone is zerging now. ROFL

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
What a great take. Game is better because everyone is zerging now. ROFL

Do you want a long winded version.

Here you go.

What you call zerg I call nation building. Many people who run around ganking are doing so in small gangs, and much like the cartels in real life they know their role. When the cartel messed with a CIA agent, the CIA did was called a disproportionate response. In other words, they brought so much down on that cartel the cartel realized their few thousand members and few million dollars wasnt near enough when facing the financial resources of the US government and a several billion dollar agency.

The same goes for here in this game. If you're in a smaller guild or like to run around solo and you pick a fight with a "nation" or "zerg" as you like to call them, expect them to bring the hammer. I mean terrorist in the middle east didnt have fighters or any form of air defense, do you think they cried zerg when B-52 bombers were flying over them 24/7 for a solid month turning big mountains into rolling foot hills?

You run into Coalition territory and kill a coalition member and they bring 20+ people to kill the 5 of you, it is a message, that message is GET BIGGER or STAY OUT.

Reactions: Wollkneul