Suggestion - Change swing release slow down to be less restrictive

Do you believe the current swing release slow down could benefit from tweaking?

• Yes

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • No (Please explain why)

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

VanValdenburg

Sep 11, 2020
I really don't understand what he's looking to accomplish.

Henrik is going to have to come and break my arms, or go to the United Nations and gets a fucking binding resolution to keep me from fucking making the game LOOK like MO 1, that doesn't mean that it is. All the while my heart grows angrier and all the more full of hatred. I was going to liberate Nave from the evil doers. Now my shadow threatens to plunge the entire world into darkness.

How much would these patches have to hurt the community to stop me from doing the thing i'm best at?

This video looks like cancer, i know i def won't play the game if this will be the meta and most efficient way to fight.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
This video looks like cancer, i know i def won't play the game if this will be the meta and most efficient way to fight.
I think he simply is trying shit to again gain the spin mastery, the penalty for turning is what creates even worse spinning than actual spinning.

Just because the devs say NO to spins, dont mean spinners will listen. They will abuse and break the system in order to spin. Mark my words, this aint nothing if turn penalties continues.

Reactions: MolagAmur

VanValdenburg

Sep 11, 2020
I think he simply is trying shit to again gain the spin mastery, the penalty for turning is what creates even worse spinning than actual spinning.

Just because the devs say NO to spins, dont mean spinners will listen. They will abuse and break the system in order to spin. Mark my words, this aint nothing if turn penalties continues.
I have nothing against spinning being possible. As long it's not the most effective way of fighting.
Couldn't care less about some idiots spinning around, as long as it's not the meta.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
And what’s the alternative make it so no one can move their mouse because a singular player made a video about hitting a stationary target? People like you are the problem. Nothing will make me play like you unless you totally break the game or remove all skill. Again how the game looks in a video vs how the game actually is are completely different things.

What even makes it the meta, a random subsection of one of my videos where someone tries to statue me? No the game is more complex than that.

Henrik would be wise to remember it’s dejarek, not checkers.

Last edited:

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
Just my two cents on the matter. My main issue with the whole thing is I am basically forced to play with higher dpi/mouse sensitivity to mitigate the effects of this. Moreover that previous fact proves how pointless adding it in is because you CAN mitigate it by simply changing an option and getting use to higher sensitivity.

I think in general being able to make last minute adjustments to your swing, mid swing, is important. I don't really remember the 180 degree swings being that much of an issue in group fights (that being said I was and will be a mage so this doesn't really make a huge difference to me lol)

Reactions: Teknique

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Just my two cents on the matter. My main issue with the whole thing is I am basically forced to play with higher dpi/mouse sensitivity to mitigate the effects of this. Moreover that previous fact proves how pointless adding it in is because you CAN mitigate it by simply changing an option and getting use to higher sensitivity.

I think in general being able to make last minute adjustments to your swing, mid swing, is important. I don't really remember the 180 degree swings being that much of an issue in group fights (that being said I was and will be a mage so this doesn't really make a huge difference to me lol)
Actually the implications on magic are high. If they go too hard on mouse decelerations it’s going to make aiming magic just as unpleasant. Especially as you use combat mode as a mage to run max speed.

But yes typical star vault with their punish the player mentality, unless it’s tc then they never want to punish the player as they have stated. No one not a soul had a problem with adjusting your aim mid swing it was THE core feature of MO.

Last edited:

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
Actually the implications on magic are high. If they go too hard on mouse decelerations it’s going to make aiming magic just as unpleasant. Especially as you use combat mode as a mage to run max speed.

I don't think magic would be affected, unless they add the deceleration to you when you're in combat mode in general. As far as I'm aware the only time your mouse speed changes is when you swing...I usually didn't swing my fists as a mage.

Maybe if they have you decelerate when you cast a spell, but unless they make spells projectiles as long as you have people targeted before you release the spell you should be fine right. I haven't read much on how they intend to change magic.

I think the biggest hindrance to mages is the removal of the double tap bunny hop, but that's another discussion.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I don't think magic would be affected, unless they add the deceleration to you when you're in combat mode in general. As far as I'm aware the only time your mouse speed changes is when you swing...I usually didn't swing my fists as a mage.

Maybe if they have you decelerate when you cast a spell, but unless they make spells projectiles as long as you have people targeted before you release the spell you should be fine right. I haven't read much on how they intend to change magic.
There isn’t the swing deceleration but there is the general turn/whip cap that effects you in combat mode currently as a mage. Might not effect most players too much but definitely is a problem for me as a quick flick will fall flat due to the whip cap

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
Ok I see what you're saying now, I didn't notice any of the tun/whip cap currently in the alpha, but I definitely see your point. It would make mage kiting nearly impossible because you are constantly running, turning 180 for a quick spell, then back 180 to keep running.

Personally I don't think changing a player's mouse sensitivity in general is a good idea, it will mostly just frustrate most people and like I said previously it seems like it can be completely mitigated by changing the mouse sensitivity.

Honestly I even have a logitech mouse which would allow me to change my dpi during gameplay....If push comes to shove I can have a button on my mouse change the dpi when this cap happens and be right back to 'normal' sensitivity. This is something they can't counter even if they impliment a universal sensitivity cap.

I think the intentions are good if 180 spins really are a big issue for fighting, but in general I think its not the right solution.

Reactions: MolagAmur

VanValdenburg

Sep 11, 2020
And what’s the alternative make it so no one can move their mouse because a singular player made a video about hitting a stationary target? People like you are the problem. Nothing will make me play like you unless you totally break the game or remove all skill. Again how the game looks in a video vs how the game actually is are completely different things.

What even makes it the meta, a random subsection of one of my videos where someone tries to statue me? No the game is more complex than that.

Henrik would be wise to remember it’s dejarek, not checkers.
People like me, eh? :D You don't even remotely seem to know where am coming from.
Same goes for the DEVs. You seem to think that you know exactly what's best for the game and what doesn't deserve testing.
Maybe you overestimate your power, young padawan.

Mordhau has found an alternative, apparently. Spinning doesn't seem to be the meta over there.
I was advocating for the removal of the current turn cap on release. I don't want the mouse sens to be lowered.
Never said that the combat shown in that video is meta. All i said is that if it would become meta i def wouldn't touch this game.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
People like me, eh? :D You don't even remotely seem to know where am coming from.
Same goes for the DEVs. You seem to think that you know exactly what's best for the game and what doesn't deserve testing.
Maybe you overestimate your power, young padawan.

Mordhau has found an alternative, apparently. Spinning doesn't seem to be the meta over there.
I was advocating for the removal of the current turn cap on release. I don't want the mouse sens to be lowered.
Never said that the combat shown in that video is meta. All i said is that if it would become meta i def wouldn't touch this game.
Couple problems with citing mordhau.

1. Completely different genres, not being able to run around and look around might work in a combat sim, it will not in an mmorpg like mortal.

2. The drags and flicks you do in mordhau are actually kind of fun and somewhat hard to do, not so here it’s just a random limit that accomplished nothing but making your aim feel stupid

3. Mordhau sucks monkey balls and is just spam feinting.

You’re right to an extent I can’t empathize or see where you’re coming from other than maybe you find parries impressive and nothing else?

As for the devs I’m nothing but a shit barometer, I measure the shit pressure. If shit pressure gets too high the shit winds and eventually? A shit storm Randy.

What do you want me to say? If you as a dev want to dookie on your average player or people who use different sensitivities, or you know the other systems you want to have in the game like magic and archery .
Now maybe I’m wrong but I don’t think so this least intrusive turn cap possible is causing problems, maybe if they get rid of the sensitivity decel and it’ll be fine and that’ll be that, but the fact that they even tried is enough to madden me. As it shows a lack of understanding on what the community actually does and doesn't want (regardless of what they think they want). As a result I feel nothing but fear, what other nonissues are they going to hit with a nuclear bomb? How else are they going to dunk on 1vX?

and remember master Jedi. I AM THE COMMUNITY.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Rolufe

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Couple problems with citing mordhau.

1. Completely different genres, not being able to run around and look around might work in a combat sim, it will not in an mmorpg like mortal.

2. The drags and flicks you do in mordhau are actually kind of fun and somewhat hard to do, not so here it’s just a random limit that accomplished nothing but making your aim feel stupid

3. Mordhau sucks monkey balls and is just spam feinting.

You’re right to an extent I can’t empathize or see where you’re coming from other than maybe you find parries impressive and nothing else?

As for the devs I’m nothing but a shit barometer, I measure the shit pressure. If shit pressure gets too high the shit winds and eventually? A shit storm Randy.

What do you want me to say? If you as a dev want to dookie on your average player or people who use different sensitivities, or you know the other systems you want to have in the game like magic and archery .
Now maybe I’m wrong but I don’t think so this least intrusive turn cap possible is causing problems, maybe if they get rid of the sensitivity decel and it’ll be fine and that’ll be that, but the fact that they even tried is enough to madden me. As it shows a lack of understanding on what the community actually does and doesn't want (regardless of what they think they want). As a result I feel nothing but fear, what other nonissues are they going to hit with a nuclear bomb? How else are they going to dunk on 1vX?

and remember master Jedi. I AM THE COMMUNITY.
I think its fine that they tried it. I'm all for trying things if they make sense on paper. However, once added and shown to be clunky and not effective...it needs to be removed. Its just a massive change to how combat works and I can't see a single positive to it.

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020
The problem like I said, was that it was not working as intended, which resulted in a very bad implementation that was not universal for all players. Some who played on low sensitivity felt very sluggish, while others who played on higher sensitivity barely noticed it.
Click Drag was buggy and barely affected by it and this is why people like my self didnt notice the windup turn rate cap. On Drag Click its the same no matter DPI. Currently i feel less affected by general turn rate cap when i use 2400DPI vs when i use 3200DPI or 12k DPI. as the higher i chose DPI the more detached it feels from my mouse movement.

I dont know if i have just adapted or always played the way i do atm. As i dont feel much bothered by the attack release turn rate. Its more realistic that you cant change your weapons direction mid thrust/swing to any major degree assuming you put some weight into it . So i think its pretty good as it is now.

If you want some changes to it. Consider this "the less you charge the attack, the higher your turn rate will be."

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Click Drag was buggy and barely affected by it and this is why people like my self didnt notice the windup turn rate cap. On Drag Click its the same no matter DPI. Currently i feel less affected by general turn rate cap when i use 2400DPI vs when i use 3200DPI or 12k DPI. as the higher i chose DPI the more detached it feels from my mouse movement.

I dont know if i have just adapted or always played the way i do atm. As i dont feel much bothered by the attack release turn rate. Its more realistic that you cant change your weapons direction mid thrust/swing to any major degree assuming you put some weight into it . So i think its pretty good as it is now.

If you want some changes to it. Consider this "the less you charge the attack, the higher your turn rate will be."
Dude 2400 DPI is insanely high. 12k DPI? Can you even control that?

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020
Dude 2400 DPI is insanely high. 12k DPI? Can you even control that?
I tend to normally use 3200DPI but i went down to 2400DPI as it feels faster then 3200DPI in MO2 with the turn rate cap. Pretty sure its not faster, you just dont notice the turn rate cap desync between mouse and game. 12k DPI is possible to play with but you do feel there is some delay between game and mouse as the turn rate cap will limit the speed you turn in compared to your mouse movement. Im a wrist player hence the high DPI only need to move mouse a little to turn 180 or go from one side to the other on the display. :)

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020

You do realize that the fact that you don't feel very affected by the turn cap shows how useless of a change it is...if you can get around a 'fix' by changing an option on your computer it is not a good fix.

It's the exact same idea as making the game really dark at night time but everyone turns their gamma up to see anyway...you've just added an annoying change that can be worked around by tweaking your computer.

Reactions: Teknique and Rulant

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
I tend to normally use 3200DPI but i went down to 2400DPI as it feels faster then 3200DPI in MO2 with the turn rate cap. Pretty sure its not faster, you just dont notice the turn rate cap desync between mouse and game. 12k DPI is possible to play with but you do feel there is some delay between game and mouse as the turn rate cap will limit the speed you turn in compared to your mouse movement. Im a wrist player hence the high DPI only need to move mouse a little to turn 180 or go from one side to the other on the display. :)
I just logged in with 3200 DPI. It can hardly even feel the DPI restriction. So it only really punishes low DPI players. That alone means the whole mechanic needs to be scrapped. I could hardly even open the game up with that high of DPI....I kept missing the icon lmao

• Haha

Rulant

May 30, 2020
You do realize that the fact that you don't feel very affected by the turn cap shows how useless of a change it is...if you can get around a 'fix' by changing an option on your computer it is not a good fix.

It's the exact same idea as making the game really dark at night time but everyone turns their gamma up to see anyway...you've just added an annoying change that can be worked around by tweaking your computer.
Was finna just say that. Everyone complained about gamma because people who weren't in the know got fucked because of it. Now you guys are all arguing for something MUCH MUCH worse. A new player comes into game and doesn't have his mouse set to 20k dpi (i'd say most people play like 400-2k range) then he gets absolutely frustrated and quits because he can't even turn but his enemy is moving normally. Remove the cap unless a way is found to make it entirely even, which there isn't.

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020

Oh what i meant with this "I tend to normally use 3200DPI but i went down to 2400DPI as it feels faster then 3200DPI in MO2 with the turn rate cap. Pretty sure its not faster, you just dont notice the turn rate cap desync between mouse and game. " Is that i wont reach the turn rate cap, so i wont be feeling a desync between my mouse movement and character movement.

All my tests has been with the default 50% in game sensitivity. This could be a difference I dunno.

Im not getting around the fix. What i can do is up the DPI over 2400DPI and i will get a desync between mouse and game. Its doing what its there for. I cant turn faster than anyone else. I can move my mouse and wait for my character to catch up. All it tells me is no one uses high enough DPI to even be troubled by the desync in any extreme way and if you are you are using some crazy DPI lvl you wont gain anything. Your most likely losing more by upping your DPI. Its just there to be a roof so you wont see crazy movements. If this is affecting people with lower than 2400DPI there is a possible problem with it. But so far i only see it over 2400DPI. Maybe im missing something as i never move my arm other than my wrist. Maybe people are able to create a speed faster then me with lower than 2400DPI.

Edit: All above is about the General turn rate cap not attack release turn rate cap. Turn rate cap on attack release is way lower so i do feel that pretty badly if i try to turn my attack. I am however barely affected by the attack release turn rate, as i predict enemy location and release I dont try to aim after i release.

The dark later on will be Just straight up black at a certain range depending on what range of night vision you will have. You wont gain anything past the view range in the dark, using gamma. According to what Henrik told us.

Last edited:

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
The dark later on will be Just straight up black at a certain range depending on what range of night vision you will have. You wont gain anything past the view range in the dark, using gamma. According to what Henrik told us.

Yeah I heard that and its a great example of a good fix in my opinion, I was using it as an analogy because most games don't think/care about those kinds of work-arounds.