Sometimes you have to stop the denial..

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
You cant always patch your way out of server issues.

Sometimes your servers just suck.

Cant log in, day 3.

Im waiting patiently like many...but is there a light at the end of the tunnel or are we just bandaid fixing to stable?

The reason asked is, what happens during the first major clash? Servers just drop out?

This is exactly (almost) what happened to Life is Feudal. Refusal of developers to have more than one server outside of the UK.

I think the game is great and woukd even pay a higher sub fee for a more stable balanced multi national server

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
They were warned by multiple people many, many, MANY times and have always ignored it to pursue the single server solution.

I've even had discussions with people who said I was wrong because I thought two servers (NA & EU) would be the way forward.. ESPECIALLY in a modern day market (As this isn't 2010 anymore).

I get people want to ride the dick of having everyone be in a single server, and I love the idea of it don't get me wrong; but the technology really isn't there to support it (And it's showing right now.)

The first game ended up dropping to about 300 to 500 active players in the last few years of its life span, and the game still felt generally "alive", and it definitely could of used some pop. But MO2 would be fine with anywhere from 1.6k to 2k active players in-game and be populated. More so then people think.

But, I guess we have to force 8k+ people into one server that can't handle it then make players suffer with a queue + consistent client bugs that keep cropping up.

If anyone thinks I'm wrong, please @ me and tell me why; because honestly at this point the idea of immersion is really stupid at the expense of players being able to enjoy the game. I honestly don't think this is an issue that will, like @Exiledkhallisi said, be fixed. It'll just get band-aided over and over until enough people have stopped playing.

I feel bad for people who plan on heavily investing into assets and sieging comes out. Could you imagine your stuff getting sieged and the game is just like "Sorry buddy, you can wait for four hours to maybe get in and respond to the attack on you."

I'm a pretty staunch supporter of MO2 and SV, but this outcome was seen 2+ years ago and they openly and vehemently ignored it. Guess all we can do is wait on Sarducaa to come out and force NA players to play on a PvE content and make the already jaded community, more of the latter.

/endrant

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I know people that have 5 PCs up and running attempting to log in. They say the same PCs will allway get in with in 5 minutes even if they started the queue after another PC that will never get in. The queue being fake is one problem that just means certain people are just not allowed to play.

pooternackle

Mar 21, 2021
The consequence of this will be an irreparable steam review score. Shame really.

A queue number would calm people down, but it's obvious the reason why they won't add one is because whatever the "queue" is, it isn't a queue. It's not random either. Some people/pcs can log in and others can't for reasons that they won't explain to us.

Reactions: Rorry and Starz

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
They were warned by multiple people many, many, MANY times and have always ignored it to pursue the single server solution.

I've even had discussions with people who said I was wrong because I thought two servers (NA & EU) would be the way forward.. ESPECIALLY in a modern day market (As this isn't 2010 anymore).

I get people want to ride the dick of having everyone be in a single server, and I love the idea of it don't get me wrong; but the technology really isn't there to support it (And it's showing right now.)

The first game ended up dropping to about 300 to 500 active players in the last few years of its life span, and the game still felt generally "alive", and it definitely could of used some pop. But MO2 would be fine with anywhere from 1.6k to 2k active players in-game and be populated. More so then people think.

But, I guess we have to force 8k+ people into one server that can't handle it then make players suffer with a queue + consistent client bugs that keep cropping up.

If anyone thinks I'm wrong, please @ me and tell me why; because honestly at this point the idea of immersion is really stupid at the expense of players being able to enjoy the game. I honestly don't think this is an issue that will, like @Exiledkhallisi said, be fixed. It'll just get band-aided over and over until enough people have stopped playing.

I feel bad for people who plan on heavily investing into assets and sieging comes out. Could you imagine your stuff getting sieged and the game is just like "Sorry buddy, you can wait for four hours to maybe get in and respond to the attack on you."

I'm a pretty staunch supporter of MO2 and SV, but this outcome was seen 2+ years ago and they openly and vehemently ignored it. Guess all we can do is wait on Sarducaa to come out and force NA players to play on a PvE content and make the already jaded community, more of the latter.

/endrant

I didn't read this whole thing, and no I don't say that as a troll, but I feel like your thesis statement is enough to grasp this. I just wanted to add: sometimes servers just suck. NBA 2k (another game I play) has always had awful servers and they are a multi bil company. I don't know if the single server issue is the problem. It's a single BAD server.

Sooner or later, people will quit and we'll be back to being able to log in, but like I said in my profile message, ya hate to see it, but what can you do.

I know people that have 5 PCs up and running attempting to log in. They say the same PCs will allway get in with in 5 minutes even if they started the queue after another PC that will never get in. The queue being fake is one problem that just means certain people are just not allowed to play.

yea... well not gonna wake up the dead horse wipe topic... but yea... HMM. I'm just gonna read books and play other shit. My veela read reading to 100 :O

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022

Nah, you can see the ping offload into the virtual Queue in packets if you watch your net traffic. Its 100% bottlenecked to save the single server infrastructure

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
What do you guys think about 2 layers of myrland. 1 NA 1 EU with the ability to freely travel between layers via town kinda like haven?

This

But it costs money. And i thonk the reason we are having problems is that. They can afford it, but at the cost of profit gains.

They will hold out and try to micro patch it to somewhat stable as long as they can to not have to lose profits.

It is a business decision and i respect that, because thats how the cookie crumbles.. but in this case, looking at youtube rants and steam reviews..the question begged is...at what cost?

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I really like the 1 server thing because I play at odd hours anyway. I wish there was just better net infrastructure. Splitting the pop in what is gonna be a low pop game, no matter what anyone thinks... is a bad look.

In the end, it's gonna be the people playing who got keeps and some nubs coming in and out. Kinda like it was once everything got walled off and people just genned resources until they got bored.

If they closed down some of their 3000 instances of haven, they might do better in myrland, however. I just wish it was beta again. I had fun in beta. x100 skill gain in beta, as bare as it was, I was geeking on that. This is surprisingly more disappointing than I thought.

Edit: I wasn't around for MO1 launch, but this has to be one of the biggest fail 'launches' even if it was only a launch into pseudo-ea. It's way worse than steam release cuz WAY MORE PEOPLE and it wasn't f2ps, it's people who paid 40 bucks or 35 w/e.

Reactions: Calcal

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
A temp fix for this is allow us to transfer back to Haven to at least instance.. but it doesnt solve the problem. It seems the server just cant handle the traffic.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
This

But it costs money. And i thonk the reason we are having problems is that. They can afford it, but at the cost of profit gains.

They will hold out and try to micro patch it to somewhat stable as long as they can to not have to lose profits.

It is a business decision and i respect that, because thats how the cookie crumbles.. but in this case, looking at youtube rants and steam reviews..the question begged is...at what cost?
They put all their new resources into the havens as they like many other thought all the new players would stay in haven instead of rush myrland. People had the fear or losing out on the resource and territory rush.

At this point they just need to make it like the first day where you could get in but the game lagged really bad.

Reactions: Exiledkhallisi

Zhultan

Jan 17, 2022

/endrant

Exactly, and the their solution for this was "ping normalization" which nobody even knows how that works, there was a page on this website that talked about it except there was no explanation... just saying to basically "trust" them the "magic" works behind the scenes to make an even playing field between players.

It's even worse that they can't even get the basic fundamentals off the ground, and they are riding the ship still in the dirt and it's showing.

One World. One Server. One Queue. One Hell of a fucking disappointment.

Reactions: Exiledkhallisi

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
They put all their new resources into the havens as they like many other thought all the new players would stay in haven instead of rush myrland. People had the fear or losing out on the resource and territory rush.

At this point they just need to make it like the first day where you could get in but the game lagged really bad.

I would take 600 ping laggy af people teleportong and riding horses upside down vs absolutely nothing for 3 days

Reactions: Brewer and Tzone

Forecore

Apr 18, 2021
Fix:
Let 90% of playerbase leave. ???. Profit.

Most MMO looses 90% of the player after 30 days. When subscription will kick in the player base will drop.

No win/win situation in here. Without multiple servers, players will be frustrated from long queue. With multiple server player will be segregated and will be hard get the minimum critical mass needed for the game to work after 90 days.

Sep 11, 2021
I agree. SV has a great game on their hands, but they need to quit being obstinate and give us regional servers. This game is clearly more popular than they anticipated and the server capacity simply cannot handle the load. Waiting for people to quit trying to play or refund is not only unethical, it will also kill the game's review score on Steam as others have said.