Make Jungle Camp into a True Lawless Town Before Release!

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Shout @For Sure

Jungle camp has come a long way, and a lot of people want to compare JC to CC, I guess because of the word CAMP. However, CC is a high-tier appliance outpost between two legit red towns (between being used relatively,) JC is the only red place in the S or ANYWHERE other than N-NE. MK has had multiple updates, the Banks have been adjusted, so I believe SV has the tools to do so. Please tell me if I am missing something, but this is what I'd like to see added:

INSIDE:

Missing crafting benches
Fabricula (is there one?? hmm)
Furnace
Equerry
Broker

OUTSIDE:

Crusher
Grinder

That'd be basically ALL WE NEED.

If you want to give love to the S and have us Southies have a legit red-town worth fighting over, make it so that the furn there can extract Calx/Calspar/elec at blast gains. So, JC would be like alchemyville, skadi, gold, silver. We could be furn-ing at blast rates then fabri chalk. Buncha dudes in plate/pansar w/ sator spears and 108 pots haha. Would def CHANGE EVERYTHING like Mio, but... at the very least, can we at least have the npcs/appliances necessary for a red town?

Reactions: Sayton

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Especially the no Equerry part is stupid. The jungle got a lot of different animals, but nobody fought about a way to stable them?

Edit: It also got no training dummies, right?

Reactions: Xunila

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Yea dat word CAMP messing with people's minds. Have you been there? It's actually pretty big. It's like some robin hood stuff. Fighting in the jungle is completely different than other places. EQ, Broker, and yea there aren't dummies. I guess could throw some there as well.

But Jungle Camp is like 85% a town already, haha, and THERE IS NO RED PLACE IN THE SOUTH AT ALL!! It would be the most sensible, least effort move to just flesh it out completely. As I said in OP, "camp" is the same word you find in cave camp. I haven't been to CC in Mo2, but in MO1, JC was very small, just a bunch of dudes around a fire basically. Now, it's big enough to become a baby town. It doesn't need to be any larger, if that's what you mean, it just needs diff NPCs/benches/appliances. They could easily fit, I reckon. The JUNGLE will be the place fighting can happen. No need to make it a town to fight in (tho people will camp u etc,) but it just needs basic amenities that a town would have so Southie lawless doods can live and profit.

I wouldn't be mad if they mad TOX a red town, too, TBH, if you wanna keep it 100, but definitely jungle camp is SO CLOSE, but you can't really live in a town without an EQ. It doesn't have horse crafting afaik, and it doesn't have a broker, which is also kinda necessary. Crusher, grinder outside... furn, fabri inside. That's about it. Plenty of room. Got rope ladders/bridges going everywhere. This would be one change that might relax me a bit on me AUGGH rep tangent.

I say it stays named JUNGLE CAMP tho! Jungle town just sounds stupid! Jungle city! Jungiville? :eek: Nah, Jungle Camp is gooood, but just add abit. Like I said CC is clustered w/ other red towns and it's by gnat so IT MAKES SENSE. In Mo1, I don't think JC even had a butcher table. It was just a place to get books and store stuff.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
If anything there should be a lot more lawless camps *with stables* around the world. It will make being a footie a little more bearable, make life far from kranesh viable for detested characters without P2W, and they will serve as good PvP hotspots. I actually even think that extraction tools in these locations should give a small boost to produced materials - like 5-10%, enough to motivate people go there without making it mandatory.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Tru, but JC is special, and the jungle is a very underrated place to fight, basically only going all the way to siege W keep or if you are doing some Croc dramaz (if added), otherwise, it's completely empty. ALL THIS AREA, but no true outpost for people to put the loot they get up on a broker or stable their horse... it's a shame. You don't have to worry about hiding your swings in the jungle cuz massive foliage hue hue. But really it is ultimate guerilla warfare, like I said I practically lived in that area in MO1, and it was mostly dead. TC made it so that there were 'things' there, but they weren't static and if anything they made it seem more like a farming spot (Which it kinda is, I guess), but if JC had town things proper, it would be, againsaid, THE ONLY PLACE IN THE SOUTH that is a red town, and it would open up the whole jungle to pvp. Cuz the rep you lose around JC does not affect Tin or Khur rep. So you can fight there and still re-enter blue towns.

The jungle is... A JUNGLE, but really, what a huge swath of map that is underutilized. I would say that it's as open for pvp as the high N is (but w/o the profitable mining and such.) PLZZZZ.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
If anything there should be a lot more lawless camps *with stables* around the world. It will make being a footie a little more bearable, make life far from kranesh viable for detested characters without P2W, and they will serve as good PvP hotspots. I actually even think that extraction tools in these locations should give a small boost to produced materials - like 5-10%, enough to motivate people go there without making it mandatory.
THIS, map Is massive and empty. Sometimes going in ghostmode sucks already, idk bout the appliances Boost, but the game needs more Lawless camps and give houses guild support, basic shit.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Cuz the rep you lose around JC does not affect Tin or Khur rep.
Most people I kill around jungle camp just home priest to their original town to regear, and don't ress at Jungle Camp.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Most people I kill around jungle camp just home priest to their original town to regear, and don't ress at Jungle Camp.

I gotta get back down there, tbh. Last I was there was when darkblood was close by. I killed dude a few times (but forgot to bring bandaids cuz new spec char), so eventually he killed me, Killindar (myman!) looted my bow and gave it back to me, and I killed him again w/ the bow, took my FG/FG and emalji axe (loool) back and then he ended up calling in his bros and they did some camping. After awhile, they seemed open to 'being friends.' haha I said gimme a set of gear and I'll be your friend ;) and I meant it. Of course, they didn't.

A lot of camping was going on there when I was there for a few days (as you can tell by how grey I am in the punching diph vid.) I mean people eventually stop, so I just wait them out. Don't have any more mats down there, tho, cuz rerolls, but yea it won't be hard to restack.

The missing EQ is REALLY BAD, but broker is, too, because people are losing stuff and it'd be nice to put it on the broker as well as stuff for people to re-gear with. Still want crusher/grinder, furn, fabri at least as well, and afaik there isn't a horse bag station which is tough. It's def a fun spot. It's too bad it seems a lot of the action goes on IN the camp instead of outside. People seem to not realize (or they are afraid) that if they give you a chance to regear and THEN kill you, they get more gains haha.

Reactions: No This is patrick

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
We will see many houses go up everywhere in the jungle. And some players will build public houses with public crafting tables, so you are not dependent of the crafting tables or stable in the jungle camp.

Reactions: SeaShadow

Fargus

Oct 17, 2021
There is zero reason it should be a town.
One reason is that the only red towns are in the northern part of the map and its Obvious that SV is very against red players camping towns so if you put red towns in around parts of the map that are completely barren you will move them away from the areas that they want to keep noob friendly and turn pvp hot spots into self contained areas.

Ghanburi

Dec 18, 2021
On the Withywindle
Personally, I like that Jungle Camp is not filled with all the conveniences--people have to adapt to live there. Basically, if you want to live in the jungle, you have to live the jungle way, which makes it unique. Of course, that may change with player towns to an extent. However and overall, the jungle should remain a wild place.

Doom and Gloom

Mar 12, 2022
It needs a magic vendor, it's insane it's impossible to get mage reagents anywhere South from Bakti.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
It needs a magic vendor, it's insane it's impossible to get mage reagents anywhere South from Bakti.

What I dislike is, by design, it seems like it has plenty of room for appliances, but they probably want TC people to do it. I dunno why we can't agree on something and just do it, though, for the interim. I mean, magic vendor, horse armor crafting (would be so fking huge lol) would be amazing, but I'd actually like to have some extraction appliances so we can extract calx proper. I think that like I said JC can be a kinda calx extraction paradise. lol. Calx isn't all that bad.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
What I dislike is, by design, it seems like it has plenty of room for appliances, but they probably want TC people to do it. I dunno why we can't agree on something and just do it, though, for the interim. I mean, magic vendor, horse armor crafting (would be so fking huge lol) would be amazing, but I'd actually like to have some extraction appliances so we can extract calx proper. I think that like I said JC can be a kinda calx extraction paradise. lol. Calx isn't all that bad.

I agree, it's the job of the players to add useful stuff in the JC area. But we need vendors for player houses, not only the stable guy. And players should open their houses all the time to allow free access.