6th Festival of Nave, 18th December

Suttner

Feb 17, 2021
It is once again my great honour and pleasure to announce the details of the next

**Festival of Nave **on the **18th in Tindrem/Central Steppes**!

After some absence and no Events of any kind for a few months now in Nave, the **next Festival** is this **Saturday**!!!
#hyped

Check Tourney rules for each competition separately!
All will be **Full Loot**!

The risk of loosing High end gear will make up for the advantage one gets from it

Schedule (subject to change):

**(times are in GMT)**

**17:30** - Beginning Ceremonies, hand out of Flames

You need a** Flame** to participate in the Race!!!

You will need to wear the Flame for the entirety of the race!

There will be GOLD and SILVER flames.
**Gold flames** are limited and are handed out against a min Donation of **10g **, the higher bid, higher the chance to get it
**Silver flames** are also limited but will be **FREE**.

**Maximum participants: 30!**

**18:00** - Start Horse Racing **Tindrem main square**

Prize:

**200 Gold coins** sponsored by the Royal Bank of Tindrem
+**1000 Tungsteel** sponsored by our friends from the Northern Bank. Thank you very much! Contact Northern Bank for any of your... northern banking needs 😄
+ max lvl (125) horse
+ the right to call yourself ***Flame Bearer*** until the next race

GOAL: Events Stronghold **Temple of the Lake**, the foundation of Naves first independent City **Sacred Grove**

*will reveal exact location soon (Central Steppes-ish)*

**19:00** - **Shield bashing** competition.

Prize:

**1st Gold Shield **
+ **50 gold coins** sponsored by the Royal Bank of Tindrem
+ the right to call yourself ***Shieldbash Champion*** until the next Festival
2nd Silver Shield
+ **35 gold coins** sponsored by RBT
3rd Cuprum Shield
+ **15 gold coins** sponsored by RBT

**19:30** - Nave **Tournament 1v1**

Prize: Loot and fame accumulated through the fights.

**5000 Steel** to the ***Champion of Nave***!!
Sponsored by my dear friends from the Royal Bank of Tindrem
**+ House Deed**
** + some very good potions! (worth around 150g)** sponsored by the our friendly neighbours in Tindrem, the guild Reign! Thank you
** + some growth food for 3 additional cm! (worth around 50g) ** also sponsored by Reign
**1 CRONITE weapon** of choice for the next **Champion of Nave** sponsored by the guild Integrity

**20:45** - Break, Hand out of Food, Time to make bets, regear, regroup, prepare

**21:00** - Nave **Tournament 5v5**

Prize: Loot and fame accumulated through the fights.

**1 st Place**
+ **10000 Steel ** sponsored by the „streamer“ and PvE guild Artisans. Go check them out, give them a follow, they are all great guys!
They will officially host the streaming this Festival!
+ **1 Tungsteel Weapon of choice** for each member of the winning 5v5 team **(5 weapons total)** sponsored by Integrity!
**2 nd Place:**
**+ 5000 Steel ** sponsored by the Royal Bank of Tindrem, the oldest, still operating Bank in Nave. Long Tradition, always reliable and trustworthy.

**22:00** - Special **FreeForAll **Event

Every participant will start **naked**. Not even a short sword will be allowed, **fists only!**
*No pets*
Once the countdown ends, you will race to a certain location on foot.where some weapons, armour, reagents etc might be available to be looted.
Everything will be nearly broken, you may only be able to use weapons/armour for a few hits.

Anything is possible. Full Loot.

Prize:

**2500 Cronite** (worth around 1250 gold)
+100 gold coins

Enough for a set of Cronite Armour and a few weapons + gold to buy anything else needed (horse, food, reagents etc)
Or enough Cronite weapons for a small army

**Come naked, leave like a KING**

As always please **keep the peace** inside the walls of Tindrem and around the location of the Festival.
You may kill anyone on the official KOS list any time anywhere. Anyone else is a no go unless it's a consensual duel or similar.

Go against this one simple rule and you may end up on the KOS list yourself! 😉

Special thanks to the amazing guilds that stepped up this time and sponsored most of the prizes, as well as the anonymous donors. You really helped out a lot this time, wouldn't be nearly as epic without you.

Thank you very much! I hope you enjoy what we have put together here at Events for you!

Also check out Preacher from the Artisans guild who will be streaming the Festival live for anyone that won't be able to make it:

I hope to see many of you again and we got a huge influx of new people so I am looking forward to seeing all these new faces as well.
Come to win honour, glory, gold and some of the best armour in the game.

Or just enjoy a true spectacle and make a few thousand gold in strategically placed bets.
**Gambling will again be handled by my reliable and trustworthy friends at the Royal Bank of Tindrem**
Contact them directly for more Info, there is also a „betting“ Tent in the Events Discord Server.

Good luck!

Your

Guild Events

PicsArt_12-16-05.38.27.jpg

Last edited:

zers

Aug 4, 2021
still no gear limits? thursar with clade and tungsteel armor can live forever lol.

Suttner

Feb 17, 2021
still no gear limits? thursar with clade and tungsteel armor can live forever lol.
There are some special rules in place to balance egar this time

next festival will be all about balance though, so look forward to that! :)

will also be last before wipe

Suttner

Feb 17, 2021
That was quite unfortunate

Made sure the crowd knew what to do better for the rounds after

I thought most knew how to do the circle from all the previous events and understeimated how many new people we had there that didn't.

Was an epic duel, but would have been even more epic without this waaay to small circle etc

Was about to redo the match, but decided against it in the heat of the moment.

One more thing we can learn from and do better next time! :)
I was just using a vendor spear to poke this time (unlike all other festivals. I had learned from those ^^) So maybe something similiar will be done next one as well.

Usually the pressure of the existence of the circle alone is enough to speed things up considerably, as can be seen in pretty much every other following fight.

I was glad to see people understanding it better after experiecing how not to do it the first one.

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
That was quite unfortunate

Made sure the crowd knew what to do better for the rounds after

I thought most knew how to do the circle from all the previous events and understeimated how many new people we had there that didn't.

Was an epic duel, but would have been even more epic without this waaay to small circle etc

Was about to redo the match, but decided against it in the heat of the moment.

One more thing we can learn from and do better next time! :)
I was just using a vendor spear to poke this time (unlike all other festivals. I had learned from those ^^) So maybe something similiar will be done next one as well.

Usually the pressure of the existence of the circle alone is enough to speed things up considerably, as can be seen in pretty much every other following fight.

I was glad to see people understanding it better after experiecing how not to do it the first one.
please dont remake the next tournament on the stronghold. you can make combo attacks hitting the ground, they made strongholds walls like " flesh". you can use it for an advantage. make it outside

Suttner

Feb 17, 2021
please dont remake the next tournament on the stronghold. you can make combo attacks hitting the ground, they made strongholds walls like " flesh". you can use it for an advantage. make it outside
I hope they will have it fixed by then.

If not we'll think of something :)

Thanks for the valuable feedback!

Anything else to improve for next time?

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
I hope they will have it fixed by then.

If not we'll think of something :)

Thanks for the valuable feedback!

Anything else to improve for next time?

People enjoy balanced tournaments, make standard armors and weapons, only Steel or below. Another nice thing would be a weapon type tournament. The best swordmaster, or poleaxer

Reactions: Suttner

Diocles

Aug 22, 2021
Western Merika
You provide the armor. Either make something cheap or literally just buy vendor armor. All contestants must wear this armor or be naked, their choice. Contestants are handed a bag that contains what they are allowed to wear after they drop loot.

Weapons must be steel or less, in material. Ditch the looting thing. Contest is over at mercy mode. No need to add that whole time sink of rezzing after every match. This allows contestants to be a part of more than one contest too. We travelled to this last event and unfortunately lost the first round. All gear was looted. We just watched for a bit and then left.

Have a losers bracket. Then let the winner of the losers bracket have another shot at the top. Many ways to do this. The idea is that even though you lost your first fight doesn't mean you aren't a top tier fighter. You might be second best fighter in the world, but you fought the best fighter in the first round and were eliminated.

For the love of god, maybe have two strongholds. One for horses and one for the fight. You could even charge a stable fee. After someone stables their horse, lock the door. I know I would gladly pay 5-10 gold for a stable fee. Post some capable stable hands at the door. This will remove all the damn horse sounds that made it nearly impossible to hear anything. Plus is safer for the horses from horse killers that will inevitably arrive. For those that choose not to pay for stabling, their horses are at risk of getting slaughtered. Make the second stronghold far enough away that the horse sounds won't overwhelm the audience, but not so far that soldiers on foot couldn't respond quickly to a horse killing crisis. No horses allowed in the main tourney stronghold.

Reactions: Tzone

Suttner

Feb 17, 2021
You provide the armor. Either make something cheap or literally just buy vendor armor. All contestants must wear this armor or be naked, their choice. Contestants are handed a bag that contains what they are allowed to wear after they drop loot.

Weapons must be steel or less, in material. Ditch the looting thing. Contest is over at mercy mode. No need to add that whole time sink of rezzing after every match. This allows contestants to be a part of more than one contest too. We travelled to this last event and unfortunately lost the first round. All gear was looted. We just watched for a bit and then left.

Have a losers bracket. Then let the winner of the losers bracket have another shot at the top. Many ways to do this. The idea is that even though you lost your first fight doesn't mean you aren't a top tier fighter. You might be second best fighter in the world, but you fought the best fighter in the first round and were eliminated.

For the love of god, maybe have two strongholds. One for horses and one for the fight. You could even charge a stable fee. After someone stables their horse, lock the door. I know I would gladly pay 5-10 gold for a stable fee. Post some capable stable hands at the door. This will remove all the damn horse sounds that made it nearly impossible to hear anything. Plus is safer for the horses from horse killers that will inevitably arrive. For those that choose not to pay for stabling, their horses are at risk of getting slaughtered. Make the second stronghold far enough away that the horse sounds won't overwhelm the audience, but not so far that soldiers on foot couldn't respond quickly to a horse killing crisis. No horses allowed in the main tourney stronghold.

Thanks for the response! :)

Check out the new forum thread about next tournaments gear restrictions: https://mortalonline2.com/forums/th...nament-rule-gear-restriction-discussion.3762/
Some say make it molarium max, some say this would be unfair towards heavy armour characters... I personally am still kinda torn, cause i see both issues :/

I had losers brackets at previous tournaments before. Always got negative backlash, especially with many people signed up.
Actually forced me to hold 2 fights at the same time back then, as it would have been just way too long otherwise.
Which was sad, many didnt watch the other fight, many left (including competitors). So I decided against using losers brackets again.
I do understand the point of being unluckily matched though :/ maybe we should bring in a losers bracket again if we have less than 20 competitors? Or do the no blocking rule that was suggested in the other thread after just 3 mins in the losers bracket to hasten fights?

I really like your 2 stronghold idea, thanks a lot for that!
I was waiting for SV to actually implement stables before the tourney as they had promised they would do so. When we didnt even get any kind of furniture, it really screwed over my plans. Didnt even think of using another SH as stable. Would have to be quite far away, as the SH placement mechanics suck and even though there is a lot of free space around the main SH, cant place another one anywhere even remotely close to it -.-
Only issue with the SH as stable solution (which is why I originally dindt want horses in the SH at all), is that when relogging/crashing the horses end up in the foundation of the SH and can't be moved out :/
The horse noises were not even mentioned by anyone else before and I certainly didnt notice it myself, so thank you very much for bringing it up. Wasn't aware at all it was any issue.

Next fights will most likely not be inside the SH, as many fighters complained hitting the SH is the same as hitting a player and can therefore be used to do combos etc which one shouldnt be able to do.
Still thinking of a better place atm....

Once again thank you for your feedback! I really value it :)
If we work together, we can find some good setting that is as fair and "good" as possible

Diocles

Aug 22, 2021
Western Merika
Thanks for the response! :)

Check out the new forum thread about next tournaments gear restrictions: https://mortalonline2.com/forums/th...nament-rule-gear-restriction-discussion.3762/
Some say make it molarium max, some say this would be unfair towards heavy armour characters... I personally am still kinda torn, cause i see both issues :/

I had losers brackets at previous tournaments before. Always got negative backlash, especially with many people signed up.
Actually forced me to hold 2 fights at the same time back then, as it would have been just way too long otherwise.
Which was sad, many didnt watch the other fight, many left (including competitors). So I decided against using losers brackets again.
I do understand the point of being unluckily matched though :/ maybe we should bring in a losers bracket again if we have less than 20 competitors? Or do the no blocking rule that was suggested in the other thread after just 3 mins in the losers bracket to hasten fights?

I think maybe you need another helper to run the losers bracket. You run the main bracket and just have a slot in the top of your bracket marked "Winner from losers bracket." First two losers fight and the winner waits for the winner of the next two losers to fight and so on. I do think this loser's bracket should be conducted in a side match and be run by someone else so you can keep all of your attention on hosting and running the main bracket.

I really like your 2 stronghold idea, thanks a lot for that!
I was waiting for SV to actually implement stables before the tourney as they had promised they would do so. When we didnt even get any kind of furniture, it really screwed over my plans. Didnt even think of using another SH as stable. Would have to be quite far away, as the SH placement mechanics suck and even though there is a lot of free space around the main SH, cant place another one anywhere even remotely close to it -.-
Only issue with the SH as stable solution (which is why I originally dindt want horses in the SH at all), is that when relogging/crashing the horses end up in the foundation of the SH and can't be moved out :/
The horse noises were not even mentioned by anyone else before and I certainly didnt notice it myself, so thank you very much for bringing it up. Wasn't aware at all it was any issue.

Next fights will most likely not be inside the SH, as many fighters complained hitting the SH is the same as hitting a player and can therefore be used to do combos etc which one shouldnt be able to do.
Still thinking of a better place atm....

Once again thank you for your feedback! I really value it :)
If we work together, we can find some good setting that is as fair and "good" as possible

Thank you for doing these kinds of things! They bring a lot of excitement to everyone! Even those of us who don't fight in the tourneys :) Happy to provide my inputs even if sometimes I am wrong and not seeing the big picture (thanks Mega, lol - see my reply on your other post).

Suttner

Feb 17, 2021
I think maybe you need another helper to run the losers bracket. You run the main bracket and just have a slot in the top of your bracket marked "Winner from losers bracket." First two losers fight and the winner waits for the winner of the next two losers to fight and so on. I do think this loser's bracket should be conducted in a side match and be run by someone else so you can keep all of your attention on hosting and running the main bracket.

Thank you for doing these kinds of things! They bring a lot of excitement to everyone! Even those of us who don't fight in the tourneys :) Happy to provide my inputs even if sometimes I am wrong and not seeing the big picture (thanks Mega, lol - see my reply on your other post).

I did do it before with an assistant. Had the losers bracket hosted at the same time as the "main" fights.
It still took considerably more time to do than without one. We also had to wait at some point for the other bracket to "catch up" so to speak.
But I think we should do a losers bracket, if we have 20 contestants or less. It should be doable in that case.

Thank you very much!
Like I said any feedback is valued! :)

Also, reminder for everyone to go vote on armour restristions! ;)

Reactions: Najwalaylah