Let Negative Reputation Slowly Degrade, the same way Murder Counts do.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
A few kills means having to spend all day at the Risars on A infinite Repeat Loop. Honestly, it's the worst feature of this entire game, and punishes Thursar players the most. I don't enjoy this, No one I talk to who does PvP like me enjoys this. It's just a pointless feature that makes Pvpers Suffer. Task for Rep helps a ton honestly, but once again it's just stupid af that we gotta Run around the map before we can PvP again. Edit: After Housing Patch it takes 14 Parcels to get +1 Rep as a Thursar. Game is Broken PVP doesn't exist anymore.

A Lot of us have decided to just go Red, because of this annoying feature. I really hope Starvault lets us build everything we need in our houses, otherwise Kranesh is going to be home.

Edit: The house patch came and it was the worst one yet for the game. Houses don't actually have crafting benches, so the plan didn't work. PvP no longer exist because if you got Negative rep before the patch it isn't possible to do Parcels because Risars no longer give any Rep. The Parcels got nerfed as well and give +2, during testing often times it doesn't give the +2 it promised or even a +1 even after turning in 2 of these damn things. Kransh to Gk is known to Bug out and not give any Rep as well.... Everyone is living in Kranesh now and it doesn't have a Furnace. If you are a Red Player our resources are now locked in Blue towns that we can no longer enter...

Last edited:

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Well i believe they've heared your complaints and now you don't have to spend all day at the Risars.

To be honest as a new player i don't understand this. I'm coming to a game advertised as a hardcore full loot pvp sandbox oldschool MMO and all i see now is consensual wardecs that are used to make alliances (lol what) AND now this.

I understand that the devs wanted maybe a safer environment for newbies, but show me a newbie that comes to MO2 because they expect a safe environment. If i wanted this, i'd just play new world.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
risar dont give rep anymore

what ignorant out of touch designers who its obvious dont even log in to the game for the 5 min it takes to see that lighting is busted, nor spend the time in game to deal with the BS systems like reserves or farm the least bit to understand the players experience in game.

All they are doing is shooting them selves in the foot as now there will be more red players who have nothing to lose.

Its been like 2 months now that we have been asking for a kranesh furnace.

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
Everyone can still live in Khurite and murder tindremics. I mean right now it was like „oh iam on low rep because of to much murder kills, I go farm some risars for steel and gold and iam fine.“ of rep System would stay like this rep doesn’t matter at all.
Just a reminder it’s beta and it’s not done. Do you Remember when we wasn’t able to farm because they deactivated that you can ride a horse overloaded and there was no horse bags?
pretty sure they just do it step by step.

have A nice day everyone :)

Fargus

Oct 17, 2021
Originally, I was not happy about the risers rep changes but after talking to a few people I've warmed up to the idea, with the caveat that they should implement something like Star citizen's criminal system where while your a criminal you get access to higher paying task and jobs. Make being a red player add a different element to the gameplay loop instead just being a consequence of pvping in your pvp game. Also people who give out murder counts in legitimate pvp group fights are lower scum than any horse killers or griefers.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
What about Positive Reputation; should it degrade, too?

If anything, Reputation of any kind should probably last longer than Murder Counts, which would mean 'no change'.

Maybe Star Vault
should implement something like Star citizen's criminal system where while your a criminal you get access to higher paying task and jobs.
that sounds like a better solution.

Apr 11, 2021
Gaul'kor
Well i believe they've heared your complaints and now you don't have to spend all day at the Risars.

To be honest as a new player i don't understand this. I'm coming to a game advertised as a hardcore full loot pvp sandbox oldschool MMO and all i see now is consensual wardecs that are used to make alliances (lol what) AND now this.

I understand that the devs wanted maybe a safer environment for newbies, but show me a newbie that comes to MO2 because they expect a safe environment. If i wanted this, i'd just play new world.

This guy sees things clearly.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Get rid of rep system. Rep system IS PLAYERS.
Lack of a rep system is also players. I have yet to see that players enforce much in Mortal games over all. Community policing not only is hard, not only gets tiring, not only happens intermittently, but tends to diminish over time.
  • It has been done somewhat in Mortal Online 2 Beta, so far, but it might not survive long after release.
Tzone was sayin' I'm crazy for confronting people/guilds who killed me and asking them what the deal was, but I wanna know.
It's easy for him to say; pay it no mind. Ask questions.
Same with the flag system, it protects the newest of noobs (both systems do), but once you get past that stage... that is, the people who don't quit and the others who would prol quit regardless of whether there was a flag system or not... it hinders everyone except perma-reds with an advanced pipeline of gear.
Star Vault proved unamenable to the idea (my idea & that of many others) that there should be no flagging in MO1, from the earliest days. I don't think they're going to remove it now.
It's true that nubs are gonna get hard farmed at first when it's removed, but hey... stay in haven until you're not a nub.
Not sure what the hard limit is on staying in Haven, but supposedly there is one. :)
Take away the flag system for a week of beta. All flag, all rep. You will see that KILLING IN GENERAL WILL NOT DRAMATICALLY INCREASE, or if it does, it will quickly level out due to retaliation/community policing.
These are your predictions?:
  • Killing in general will not dramatically increase, or
  • Killing in gnereal will dramatically increase, but
    • within that week it will level out. (I have to guess that means 'go back to normal', which is a thing that hasn't been measured and established.
Importatnt:
  • You're gonna need a control group/run for validity. Sadly, that's not going to be available to you (only to Star Vault, maybe, if they wanted to set it up and look into it).

That's a useful experiment you've outlined, but like any experiment, you should approach it not wanting some particular thing to happen, but instead just wanting to see what does happen.

IMO a week's testing of your hypothesis would not be enough.
ALSO: If this became possible, there still aren't enough weeks.
This is a flag and not a rep issue, but I hold them both to be the same 'attempt' at stopping an unstoppable thing... and actually making the game worse.
I hold that Henrik loved UO, and having his own flagging system in his own game is part of the expression of that love. At this late date, I do not think this issue is up for debate with him. Good luck.
The world of MO is not full of murderous psychopaths as some might lead you to believe, and the people who initially feel happy in Haven and then get dropped off are bound to write a 3.9hr, most helpful, product refunded NEGATIVE REVIEWS that are going to sit on the front page and discourage people from joining your game. Where as if you didn't change their expectation, they might not even be there at all.
The world of Mortal games is not absolutely full of murderous psychopaths, or even of those who like to play them in games, but the proportion of people who like to act that out is higher than it is in Real Life. Games do that.

People who initially just stepped into the game outside Fabernum (and, later, other cities) and didn't like their New Player Experience wrote negaitve reviews as well (though maybe not in Beta; there was an NDA on parts of the Beta of the first game). Some people's expectations, regardless of chainging environment or a steady state, are partly to blame.

Henrik has written of doing research with contacting players who left the game 'early', and I think it's practical to assume that he weighs whatever he learned from them more heavily than suggestions absolutely to the contrary from any other sources.

If you want town killing to be removed, then remove town killing.
There was one town per continent in Shadowbane in which combat was impossible, and it didn't seem to wreck that world or make it less 'massively meriless'— but of course, all production of goods and gear had to be done outside of those places. And... we liked it that way.

All this sand-pounding makes me miss Sarducaa, etc.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
you motherfuckers just have to trust me. I have seen de lite. I was on BDO for a bit (told this story before but let's tell again!) , they also have a karma-farma to get rep back system. ZzZ. Main servers, angry people, grief, war decs over the tiniest things. Then they have a server that has ZERO PENALTIES FOR PVP (it also had a drop rate buff haha, but), and I was hanging out there undergeared, playing, getting scraped a lot, scraping a few Ws. Making friends, recruiting hardcore people for my guild... and pretty much everyone on there came to the same conclusion (except the people who were afraid to go there and die), somehow... the lack of karma system actually made people MORE respectful and made the game LESS griefy. On there, the worst you could do is DIE, or if people wanted to be really shitty, they could feed you to mobs and cause you to lose money (because when you die to mobs you can lose stuff, but not nearly as much stuff as you'd lose by BEING RED.)

Get rid of rep system. Rep system IS PLAYERS. Tzone was sayin' I'm crazy for confronting people/guilds who killed me and asking them what the deal was, but I wanna know. I wasn't necessarily trying to intimidate anyone. I want people's intentions on record! Same with the flag system, it protects the newest of noobs (both systems do), but once you get past that stage... that is, the people who don't quit and the others who would prol quit regardless of whether there was a flag system or not... it hinders everyone except perma-reds with an advanced pipeline of gear.

It's true that nubs are gonna get hard farmed at first when it's removed, but hey... stay in haven until you're not a nub. Do your GY-ing in one of the 15 instances lol. Take away the flag system for a week of beta. All flag, all rep. You will see that KILLING IN GENERAL WILL NOT DRAMATICALLY INCREASE, or if it does, it will quickly level out due to retaliation/community policing.

This is a flag and not a rep issue, but I hold them both to be the same 'attempt' at stopping an unstoppable thing... and actually making the game worse. I was attacked by a group of people, six or seven iirc of the same guild, all mounted. They got my mount and I didn't have anything to lose, so I started going in on the closest member, who was blue. I WENT GREY. It's just like ?!?!?!?!?, sometimes instead of continuing to try to balance something for 100 different situations, it's better to just let the players handle it.

The world of MO is not full of murderous psychopaths as some might lead you to believe, and the people who initially feel happy in Haven and then get dropped off are bound to write a 3.9hr, most helpful, product refunded NEGATIVE REVIEWS that are going to sit on the front page and discourage people from joining your game. Where as if you didn't change their expectation, they might not even be there at all.

If you want town killing to be removed, then remove town killing. Don't try to round-about it which affects other things. If town killing wasn't a thing, I'd make my own guild and dec every guild in the game so that I wouldn't have to worry about stupid shit like the flag system. And I'm not even really a pvper lool. Pvp is just another tool to handle disputes. Adding in the flag system on top of that is fucking player's ability to handle their own biz.

SHITT. Ok, gonna stop head back to my hole.
BDO before karma system became carebear and allowed karma bombing people were more respectfull.

One of the reasons I like GK and kran is because you cant be greifed like blue towns and people are nicer.

Pech

Sep 5, 2021
remember they took away going overweight on horses before giving us bags. For weeks players litterally could not transport goods between towns or mine outside of town and mages would get kicked off their horses due to not enough carry weight. They seem to always develop things backwards and choose to punish the players instead of doing things the other way around. I imagine this is mostly just due to time stuff. They want to change how rep is gained but are bottlenecked and instead do quick changes like removing risar rep and lowering task reps which are probably just changing some lines of code. VS actually giving us new tasks and expanding the rep system

Not really sure who thought this would be a good idea. Its sad telling new players who go negative rep that they are effectively softlocked out of the game till the devs fix this

D

Deleted member 44

Human clade doesn't work for the task system. I ran around 10x Amazon deliveries and only got 2 rep per trip. That's a F load of time btw for 2 rep.

Skylandyr

Jul 27, 2021

new rep system sucks why do i have to do all these chores to pvp in a pvp game

Skylandyr

Jul 27, 2021
you motherfuckers just have to trust me. I have seen de lite. I was on BDO for a bit (told this story before but let's tell again!) , they also have a karma-farma to get rep back system. ZzZ. Main servers, angry people, grief, war decs over the tiniest things. Then they have a server that has ZERO PENALTIES FOR PVP (it also had a drop rate buff haha, but), and I was hanging out there undergeared, playing, getting scraped a lot, scraping a few Ws. Making friends, recruiting hardcore people for my guild... and pretty much everyone on there came to the same conclusion (except the people who were afraid to go there and die), somehow... the lack of karma system actually made people MORE respectful and made the game LESS griefy. On there, the worst you could do is DIE, or if people wanted to be really shitty, they could feed you to mobs and cause you to lose money (because when you die to mobs you can lose stuff, but not nearly as much stuff as you'd lose by BEING RED.)

Get rid of rep system. Rep system IS PLAYERS. Tzone was sayin' I'm crazy for confronting people/guilds who killed me and asking them what the deal was, but I wanna know. I wasn't necessarily trying to intimidate anyone. I want people's intentions on record! Same with the flag system, it protects the newest of noobs (both systems do), but once you get past that stage... that is, the people who don't quit and the others who would prol quit regardless of whether there was a flag system or not... it hinders everyone except perma-reds with an advanced pipeline of gear.

It's true that nubs are gonna get hard farmed at first when it's removed, but hey... stay in haven until you're not a nub. Do your GY-ing in one of the 15 instances lol. Take away the flag system for a week of beta. All flag, all rep. You will see that KILLING IN GENERAL WILL NOT DRAMATICALLY INCREASE, or if it does, it will quickly level out due to retaliation/community policing.

This is a flag and not a rep issue, but I hold them both to be the same 'attempt' at stopping an unstoppable thing... and actually making the game worse. I was attacked by a group of people, six or seven iirc of the same guild, all mounted. They got my mount and I didn't have anything to lose, so I started going in on the closest member, who was blue. I WENT GREY. It's just like ?!?!?!?!?, sometimes instead of continuing to try to balance something for 100 different situations, it's better to just let the players handle it.

If you want town killing to be removed, then remove town killing. Don't try to round-about it which affects other things. If town killing wasn't a thing, I'd make my own guild and dec every guild in the game so that I wouldn't have to worry about stupid shit like the flag system. And I'm not even really a pvper lool. Pvp is just another tool to handle disputes. Adding in the flag system on top of that is fucking player's ability to handle their own biz.

SHITT. Ok, gonna stop head back to my hole.
really liked your post what guild are you from ? this rep system is so bad rn pvp is dead im sad

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
Pvp without consequences is dead, agree. You can still live in tindremic regions and murder khurites or am I wrong? 🤔 or live and gear up in a lawless town if you wanna murder everyone everywhere? 🤔

Automatiic

Oct 9, 2021
Human clade doesn't work for the task system. I ran around 10x Amazon deliveries and only got 2 rep per trip. That's a F load of time btw for 2 rep.

Bro... I am a Thursar and I turned in 14 Parcels yesterday and gained ONE rep. ONE! You don't have it bad at all. Thursars are absolutely fucked right now and there's nothing we can do about it. What's worse is this directly hurts ARPK'ers trying to keep noobs safe from shitters.

• Angry
Reactions: PoisonArrows

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Pvp without consequences is dead, agree. You can still live in tindremic regions and murder khurites or am I wrong? 🤔 or live and gear up in a lawless town if you wanna murder everyone everywhere? 🤔
Yeah I will just live out in kran now or make a house near a city. I will absolutely murder every noob I see at the gy or near town tho, before I used to only attack those that went local grey so I wouldnt go negative rep but it doesnt really matter now.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Originally, I was not happy about the risers rep changes but after talking to a few people I've warmed up to the idea, with the caveat that they should implement something like Star citizen's criminal system where while your a criminal you get access to higher paying task and jobs. Make being a red player add a different element to the gameplay loop instead just being a consequence of pvping in your pvp game. Also people who give out murder counts in legitimate pvp group fights are lower scum than any horse killers or griefers.
The problem is this patch nerfed parcels and if you were negative rep you can't just kill risars to raise rep. Whoever you talked to that somehow suckered you into believing this change was a good one, must have been exclusive PVers as a PvP change this is terrible. 90% of our gameplay was at Risars before with 10% Pvp. Now None of our gameplay is Pvp if you were negative rep before you have to re-roll or stop playing the game GG.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Bro... I am a Thursar and I turned in 14 Parcels yesterday and gained ONE rep. ONE! You don't have it bad at all. Thursars are absolutely fucked right now and there's nothing we can do about it. What's worse is this directly hurts ARPK'ers trying to keep noobs safe from shitters.
Ah after 4 turn ins and no Rep i stopped trying, i thought it was bugged. But Holy shit... You are saying after 14 you only got 1 rep GG.