Two things that MMORPG creators never seem to see coming, but that happen every time.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Well, no, not everyone says that. In fact, I've seen anything from deafening silence to "We will not punish you for our mistakes." However, your point is taken--the proof is in the pudding.

So you're telling me that most developers, when asked what they will do to stop cheating - literally say, and I quote "We won't do anything to stop you cheating, just go ahead and do it, I don't care"...

PuckInmortali

Nov 8, 2021
So you're telling me that most developers, when asked what they will do to stop cheating - literally say, and I quote "We won't do anything to stop you cheating, just go ahead and do it, I don't care"...
Well, I actually wrote "not everyone says that." Some either maintain silence (like NW did for the first month), or in the case of the specific quote that I included, actually say "We will not punish you for our mistakes." This came for AO btw (I will never forget it). I have to assume that some game creators think that if they address exploits and are clear about their expectations, it is the same as saying that their game is full of both exploits and exploiters.

Reactions: ArcaneConsular