Toxic New Player Experience, or Git Gud?

Apr 11, 2021
Hey man don't get discouraged there is a few people in game that can't do anything else but kill new players or animals. Come to meduli theres idiots there but very few and they're normally more obsessed with trying to attack koto cause they killing them nonstop.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
For example I play Hunt: showdown, played old school runescape, played tarkov. I understand loosing items in games. The issue I think I have now after this discussion is the time required to get some of these things only to have someone ABUSE a missing system (reputation/gold fish brain guards) to make all the time you invested worthless. It's a beta, I understand. It just seems like some of the players don't realize that maybe abusing new players in a beta isn't healthy for a game that they themselves clearly put a lot of time into.
You have to understand that a lot of players hate the developers and actually want to kill the game. Then it’ll make more sense to you

binkus

Aug 6, 2021
You have to understand that a lot of players hate the developers and actually want to kill the game. Then it’ll make more sense to you
Makes sense, I just wanted to post this here to see how the community would react to get a feeling if I actually want to be apart of it. Most people seem to have a head on their shoulders so I'll keep my eye on mortal, but will need to wait until persistence to really get into it so dick heads can be punished without evading game mechanics.

Reactions: Piet

Bicorps

Jun 27, 2020
You mean punishing players who are abusing the XP boost in the beta to reroll characters to avoid game mechanics shouldn't be "punished" by having the xp go to what the devs intend it to be??????? I feel like you might just be mad at the devs for something unrelated to this and are projecting issues. we're discussing individuals who are evading a game mechanic that imo adds depth to being an "outlaw" type since it has more environmental interactions and world impact on the player. Towns you fuck with wont want you around, making it your hunting ground maybe? since you can peacefully operate out of a neighboring town but actively hunt people in the other towns area, but since you can't go into the town without guards beating you down, it gives folks respite in these towns from people who just want to kill players while naked and then reroll when the game does something they don't want (have guards attack them for their shitty behavior). also it just makes sense that when you commit crimes in a towns area of influence, you lose reputation with them and will be sought after by the guards, making living there difficult. when building is also added then that just adds another layer to being a criminal. Maybe you rely more heavily on camps and player hideouts outside of town's protection BECAUSE you're an outlaw. it just makes sense. why would you be able to murder people incessantly outside of a town and then promptly walk in and bank all your stolen goods. just doesn't make sense gameplay wise or roleplay wise

I dont usually response to these kind of .... ignorant response but im gonna be good with you.

Launch wont change anything on reroll and why you even complain about reroll when you can just farm risar to up your standing to 45 and kill someone 45 time in a row ... like your logic don't make any fucking sense.

For everything else you written its just newbs talk im not interested into that. "Outlaw" ... u might of play too much of D&D, we are CONTENT.

Reactions: Kokolo

Kokolo

May 3, 2021
The guards standing next to my horse everytime it gets killed?

4 different individuals

and i've taken some up on the offer...just not you
  1. Having guards to kill them doesn't prevent them from killing you. They can kill you and then get killed by the guard if they like. Their buddy will then loot your bag while the guards are busy.
  2. 4 poeple killed you in the game. I was refering to this forum thread. As soon as the red guy wrote his message you went "good luck MO2". If that is all it takes to trigger you, good luck to you too.
  3. I am glad you found someone to play with. That is always the best way to start.

Bicorps

Jun 27, 2020
I joined Mortal Online 2, 2 days ago. In that time, I have had 3 horses killed, while being PKed 8 times. I can't even leave a town save the few times i've been able to sneak out to get another horse. How am I suppose to progress in this game when anytime I leave a town there are tin cans waiting for me to shoot me with a bow from outside the guards range and then run me down if I try to do anything productive outside? I understand the concept of PKing in games, but with a game with such a small community, maybe don't camp new players who are trying out the game? even with just 2 days in it seems pretty easy to spot the new players, and that's who is getting targeted from my experience and from what I've read in chat. Why would a game that struggles with it's community growth actively stifle new players? go find another tin can to fight.

Maybe I'm just bad at the game, but the game itself is not very hard. What's hard is being able to progress when you have 12 year old mordhau players outside the city gates yelling 1v1 and then run at you without a response. I feel like I literally can't play the game because of the amount of horse archers in tin cans that just run new players down,. Please help I WANT to enjoy the game, I UNDERSTAND loosing items. It isn't what bothers me, I just want to leave the fucking town.

People are always willing to help, lisen to suggestion people give you to avoid these kind of behavior and give it a try, 2 days invest in MO is a very small amount of time. You can also talk directly to the people that are targeting you, sometime it work you know ... even if you get kill a few time trying to talk to them.

Good luck

Reactions: Kokolo

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Do yourself a favour and move out of popular towns asap. Your game experience will improve 10 folds. Move to Toxai, moh ki, or bakti.

also joina guild asap. Solo playing in this game is incredibly frustrating as a new player. Just dont give up.

binkus

Aug 6, 2021
Launch wont change anything on reroll
It will reduce xp gain idk what you mean.
you can just farm risar to up your standing to 45 and kill someone 45 time in a row
wow this isn't disheartening to new players at all... maybe that should be addressed by the devs lmao

"Outlaw" ... u might of play too much of D&D, we are CONTENT.
I just don't know what the sweatlords of mortal online call people who play that way, don't throw rocks in a glass house mr. CONTENT

binkus

Aug 6, 2021
Having guards to kill them doesn't prevent them from killing you. They can kill you and then get killed by the guard if they like. Their buddy will then loot your bag while the guards are busy.
this is irrelevant to my point
4 poeple killed you in the game. I was refering to this forum thread. As soon as the red guy wrote his message you went "good luck MO2". If that is all it takes to trigger you, good luck to you too.
you said I was focusing on one murderer, I reminded you I was talking about the 4 individuals who killed me in game. Yes I said good luck mortal online 2, because if what that individual said was the general sentiment of the community, then I genuinely wish mortal good luck, im not "triggered" lmao.

Kokolo

May 3, 2021
Ok, pet killing is not implemented in the criminal system yet but will be. And guards will attack people attacking your pets eventually.

The general sentiment of MO community is that you need to want to be here and have a willpower to overcome adversity. You will never ever be completely safe in this game. Yes red players with high murder counts will be able to go into cities they have a high reputation with. Territory control is a thing in this game. People defending their territory will have high murdercounts and so a system to still be welcomed home (farming risars for example) is needed.

In the end everything is in the hands of the players. To be the aggressors, defenders, police, manufacturers, criminals, traders, etc. You play what you want and carve a name for yourself. There should be a place for everyone. Including killers.

Bicorps

Jun 27, 2020
It will reduce xp gain idk what you mean.

XP gonna be around the same speed as MO1, pretty slow but we all did it multiple time anyways so I dont see why people would stop doing it now.
If its really 100% XP rate on MO2 (which mean 2x) its gonna be faster than MO1.

wow this isn't disheartening to new players at all... maybe that should be addressed by the devs lmao

Indeed they should do something about it but punishing player by giving stats lost is a bad idea. We all experienced it and its just a fucking waist of time for everyone, not fun, boring, people just want regear and get ready quick for next fight, not stating up an entire guild for 30-45min by spamming Left-click or using a software.

I just don't know what the sweatlords of mortal online call people who play that way, don't throw rocks in a glass house mr. CONTENT

I have tried almost all kind of playstyle except being a trader. You should try so you have a better understanding of both side.
If I play the "Good guy" anti-rpk, im happy to see criminals that I can fight with. (content)

binkus

Aug 6, 2021
Indeed they should do something about it but punishing player by giving stats lost is a bad idea. We all experienced it and its just a fucking waist of time for everyone, not fun, boring, people just want regear and get ready quick for next fight, not stating up an entire guild for 30-45min by spamming Left-click or using a software.
I never suggested such a thing, like I said I feel you are projecting issues here. no where did i suggest a....stat loss?

binkus

Aug 6, 2021
Territory control is a thing in this game. People defending their territory will have high murdercounts and so a system to still be welcomed home (farming risars for example) is needed.
I feel there are much better ways to deal with that then a farming system that the assholes can also use to get back into town. If true territory control is a thing then an actual criminal "registry" that can be set by the owners that guards will attack on sight seems like a more logical approach, but I'm not familiar with this game's ethos so that might be a dumb idea lol. I've noticed when you die you can report people to town officials, but i don't see any lasting repercussions for it. allowing town owners to make a permanent blacklist for the guards seems like it would harbour a more HEALTHY PK experience.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I feel there are much better ways to deal with that then a farming system that the assholes can also use to get back into town. If true territory control is a thing then an actual criminal "registry" that can be set by the owners that guards will attack on sight seems like a more logical approach, but I'm not familiar with this game's ethos so that might be a dumb idea lol. I've noticed when you die you can report people to town officials, but i don't see any lasting repercussions for it. allowing town owners to make a permanent blacklist for the guards seems like it would harbour a more HEALTHY PK experience.
Henrik has said many times that farming risars will not give rep in the future.

Exactly how it works isn't clear.

The only thing we can say for certain is its going to be bad.

binkus

Aug 6, 2021
Henrik has said many times that farming risars will not give rep in the future.

Exactly how it works isn't clear.

The only thing we can say for certain is its going to be bad.
Atleast they are aware of it being an "issue" all we can hope for really. Thank you also to everyone commenting here. been really eye opening and I will be back once the wipe happens :) Hope to see you all there, as many issues I have I think will be alleviated with normal XP gain.

Bicorps

Jun 27, 2020
I never suggested such a thing, like I said I feel you are projecting issues here. no where did i suggest a....stat loss?

DwarfLord did which was my first reply but I quoted you. What ever i dont really care to be honest lol

binkus

Aug 6, 2021
DwarfLord did which was my first reply but I quoted you. What ever i dont really care to be honest lol
as someone who has very minimal experience for the game obviously, my input on balance and changes are backed by nothing lol, just throwing suggestions.

As I said before not upset about losing things just more curious about what kind of atmosphere the game has, and now I know I should be wary of any and all people and use chat as much as possible lol

Edit: to be fair i used chat anyways but now im more cautious lol

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Unfortunately SV has always had a very “tough luck, deal with it” attitude. There have been innumerable suggestions about how to make the game less greefer friendly, but they dont care. They actually cater to very greefy type of gameplay.

Everything from the guard system, to the flag system(now no flags anymore), the thieving system, to the layout of cities and repercussions (or lack of) for obvious greefers. They actually encourage this play style. Its build into the game on purpose.
This shit of people killing horses from outside towns, and killing nubes in graveyards has been going on fir 15 years now. Its not like they havent had time to change it.

only thing you can do is find a quiet corner of the map, with some friendly people that will help you learn the ropes. And these places do exist, you just have to look for them.