Suggestion To Buff Mages. (Yes i know)

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
I told them that PvE things needed like massively negative PSY attributes for mages to be worth playing but as it has already been said here SV doesn't care and doesn't listen. They made things like pigs and zombies take more damage but then turn around and Bandits and Risar Soldiers have more PSY than the average player. This game has some of the worst magic I've seen in a game tbh.

It's fun to see what you can get away with in pvp and I'm aware that being the only one healing (sometimes out of both sides of a battle) means I have a huge impact...but the fact that like 9/10 players are melee should be an obvious tell that there's a design flaw. For a class that's pretty much a free kill if you get on top of them with melee I just ?????

Edit: Oh by the way, getting hit for 0 damage interrupts your spellcasting even with 100 Concentration. Some naked punching you can completely lock you down. Shit skill for a shitty class that deserves better.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
P.S. You do have armor vs magic damage, it's called PSY and you accept being naked vs magic running builds with sub-20 PSY.

Reactions: AssassinOTL

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
I told them that PvE things needed like massively negative PSY attributes for mages to be worth playing but as it has already been said here SV doesn't care and doesn't listen. They made things like pigs and zombies take more damage but then turn around and Bandits and Risar Soldiers have more PSY than the average player. This game has some of the worst magic I've seen in a game tbh.

It's fun to see what you can get away with in pvp and I'm aware that being the only one healing (sometimes out of both sides of a battle) means I have a huge impact...but the fact that like 9/10 players are melee should be an obvious tell that there's a design flaw. For a class that's pretty much a free kill if you get on top of them with melee I just ?????

Edit: Oh by the way, getting hit for 0 damage interrupts your spellcasting even with 100 Concentration. Some naked punching you can completely lock you down. Shit skill for a shitty class that deserves better.
negative PSY!

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020

Damn i keep hearing that a lot that SV doesn't listen. But i have also heard they are getting better at listening in Mo2 development... So which is it? :(

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
P.S. You do have armor vs magic damage, it's called PSY and you accept being naked vs magic running builds with sub-20 PSY.
Shhh don't tell them our secrets. xD most people haven't figured out what Psy is yet. Let's limit the amount of Psy fighters. ;)

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Choosing psy as an archer or melee fighter massively gimps one against those 9/10 melee/archers mentioned above, that is why barely anyone uses it. Also because it requires 70+ to be sufficiently effective against magic.

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
I would love to see cocentration at 50% at 100 skill, so it’s atleast 50/50 to get interrupted or not you can get hit like 2-3 times from a melee while you channel your cast.

Reactions: strycio

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
I would love to see cocentration at 50% at 100 skill, so it’s atleast 50/50 to get interrupted or not you can get hit like 2-3 times from a melee while you channel your cast.
Even that wouldn't be enough. You can use faster weapons like daggers,swords,maces. Do a charge hit then do some fast attacks that deal little or no damage just to interrupt a mage right now. If you can land more then 3 attacks before a mage can charge a spell usually the mage isn't lucky enough to cast. Even at 75% you are still boned lol.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Choosing psy as an archer or melee fighter massively gimps one against those 9/10 melee/archers mentioned above, that is why barely anyone uses it. Also because it requires 70+ to be sufficiently effective against magic.
I have a build that Maxes Strength Psy and Con and is a Mounted Archer and it works just fine. If you get a horse you don't need Dex or Int.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Yes. That is called having to choose rather than just defaulting to the meta min-max. This is a good thing. It surprises no one that most players choose to be strong against 9/10 players. What is surprising is to see some of those people cry that 1/10 players can delete them because of that choice.

• Love
Reactions: PoisonArrows

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Yes. That is called having to choose rather than just defaulting to the meta min-max. This is a good thing. It surprises no one that most players choose to be strong against 9/10 players. What is surprising is to see some of those people cry that 1/10 players can delete them because of that choice.
I agree with you but at the same time i am confused how you or that other person are skilling your characters. Vella foot archers should have high dex, con and rest in Psy anyways unless i am missing something lol. I usually pour all my points into maxing 3 primaries. Since this is a thread about mages, archers outrange mages, and vella foot archers outrun all fat mages and being dex mage isn't gonna make a difference since concentration isn't 100% when it's your chance to return damage xD You guys must be referring to Foot Fighters who ignore Psy hue hue. Ah yes a most common thing in Mortal.. Probably the only thing that makes being a mage any fun. xD

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
My point is rather that it isn't a viable choice to sacrifice survivability/competitive-ability against 9/10 characters in order to survive 1/10.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
My point is rather that it isn't a viable choice to sacrifice survivability/competitive-ability against 9/10 characters in order to survive 1/10.
There is plenty you can do with a PSY Fighter, it's just that people don't want to play it. People want all the Max and none of the Min. If Mages weren't such a slog to play, maybe there would be enough of them to warrant people wanting to invest in PSY at all. Maybe that will change with more schools idk.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Yes, but at that point it becomes a choice between int and psy. Int is simply more powerful and important.
I'm not saying you can't have some success with a psy fighter, just that you are choosing to gimp yourself when you do.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Psy fighters are good. If you are Veela fighter you will have to choose 50-70 psy or int.
Int gives you more skill points which is very nice but Psy makes fighting mages less punishing.

If you are a veela at least I dont see why you are not going Psy unless you want profession points.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Psy fighters are good. If you are Veela fighter you will have to choose 50-70 psy or int.
Int gives you more skill points which is very nice but Psy makes fighting mages less punishing.

If you are a veela at least I dont see why you are not going Psy unless you want profession points.
With points in int you can have magic. Why choose veela fighter if you aren't getting magic? Speed doesn't seem enough, it helps escape a fight, sure, but not win it.
Maybe I will roll one and test.

Shinnull

Apr 9, 2021
My idea Buff

I was going to write that Concentration should be buffed but you covered it already. I Agree lv100 Concentration at 40% doesn't even make sense. I think part of the reason for Mages being weak is that the devs probably think pets are part of the build. Ecumenical Spells needs to be leveled up before you can obtain Domination so that says something about the devs thoughts on this, Necromancers and Elementalist can each summon their own pets, Spiritism Pets are reviving their allies xD With all that being said i agree with your above points. If a Archer fires on you with short bow they can interrupt you a lot and out damage you and long bow can deal up to 90 damage is highest i have seen... Haha. I don't think most people have my build but i have highest Int in game and even my Fulmination only deals 80 damage with it's best damage roll. Mages do need buffed, people always argue they can't be buffed because they ignore armor. But in a 1v1 a Mage loses to a Mounted Archer pretty easily. And a mage without a pet or horse loses to a foot fighter. So the idea they ignore armor doesn't matter unless you get like a group of 3 mages to instantly kill a foot fighter with 3 fire strikes before he reacts XD
Exactly i hope Star Vault is reading this and will think of the mages for once and not only melee and archers as they will lose a lot of players that only care about magic on early access

• Love
Reactions: PoisonArrows

EZgold

Jan 28, 2021
now you can buff it in few ways for example concentration when maxed out should have 100% interruption immunity exclude interruption spells like Spurt.
I agree, this would be the perfect solution, and if the interruption chance would start from 50%, as in 50% interruption without any Concentration.

Another more compromising solution would be if Concentration would work more like Knockdown, increasing a damage threshold for interrupting. For example mages could never be interrupted under 10 damage and always have a 50% interruption chance, with Concentration increasing that 10 damage threshold to 50 damage at max skill.

2nd option is mounted mages cast time should not be longer then on foot as even mounted archers with shortbow can do better with no mounted archery. or make that magic cannot be interrupted if you change direction on a horse while casting.
Totally agree with the casting time, but the direction change should be left as it is since it is a particularity of Ecumenical magic school and not all schools. For example with Necromancy you can change direction while casting.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Luckly Henrik knows mages are OP. Only down side is that you need a pet to farm solo right now. Being a encumanilcal mage you have the lowest regear cost so its not like you need to farm.

Groups need mages so they will farm for you anyways.

With the upcoming magic schools mage is began to get filled out in all aspects.

Fully expecting mages to get even more OP after Necro comes out.