Why Refunds are Necessary

Ghanburi

Dec 18, 2021
On the Withywindle
I'll keep this short as I can. I don't know what deal SV has with Steam, and I don't care really. I care about MO2, because I think it is a brilliant game. However, what is happening now is that the lack of a refund option is enabling a sea of endless rage and whinging. Give people their money back if they want it. Doing so is like surgery, you are cutting out a tumor that will just fester and grow otherwise. Sure, surgery sucks, but it leads to better health. Without it, your days are likely numbered.

Reactions: Raknor

Senusret

Jul 11, 2020
the sea of endless rage is eternal and has always been a part of this game,
refunding some people wont change that.

best thing you can do is just ignore them.

• Haha
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Ghanburi

Dec 18, 2021
On the Withywindle
the sea of endless rage is eternal and has always been a part of this game,
refunding some people wont change that.

best thing you can do is just ignore them.
On a small scale, perhaps. However, this is escalated beyond simple niche gaming and the eyes of the MMO-sphere are upon MO2. Sowing ill will at that level is far more significant than anything that would have been experienced in MO1.

zers

Aug 4, 2021
Ofcourse SV should allow every refund to be accepted. The queue is 40+ hours. Even if you have 40+ hours it doesnt mean that you even played the game for more than 2 hours.

Reactions: Balinor

Senusret

Jul 11, 2020
it makes more sense to pause subscription or offer a free month.. i think this was mentioned?

otherwise the steam refund policy is if you played less than 2 hours in haven

i guess im confused by anyone claiming they havent been able to play the game for even 2 hours...

Last edited:

Balinor

Feb 4, 2022
Ofcourse SV should allow every refund to be accepted. The queue is 40+ hours. Even if you have 40+ hours it doesnt mean that you even played the game for more than 2 hours.
I was sold a game... one I cannot play. I have been stuck in the Queue since January 27th. I cannot exit the queue. I cannot delete my character. I don't have 24-40 hours to wait around to get through the queue. The game is bullshit, and they should be honoring refunds.

Reactions: Bicorps

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
SV is already accepting all refunds. The problem is they are not the ones with the say in that. Steam is. If you want a refund, take it up with steam, if you file for a refund the AUTOMATED SYSTEM will deny your refund if you have played for too long or owned the game for too long. You HAVE to make an actual support ticket for it, in which case it WILL get processed if you have a valid reason for wanting one. The current state of the servers IS a valid reason and steam will honor it.

Reactions: Llimiel and Balinor

Sain

Jan 29, 2022
SV is already accepting all refunds. The problem is they are not the ones with the say in that. Steam is. If you want a refund, take it up with steam, if you file for a refund the AUTOMATED SYSTEM will deny your refund if you have played for too long or owned the game for too long. You HAVE to make an actual support ticket for it, in which case it WILL get processed if you have a valid reason for wanting one. The current state of the servers IS a valid reason and steam will honor it.

Can you guide me to make a steam ticket ? Because all i can find is this page leading me to a mortal online address and a refund request that have been refused several time already.

1644270201245.png

Last edited:

Balinor

Feb 4, 2022
[email protected]
Fri 2/4/2022 6:39 PM

Mortal Online II is Broken
28 KB
Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:
[email protected] ([email protected])
Your message wasn't delivered. Despite repeated attempts to deliver your message, the recipient's email system refused to accept a connection from your email system.
Contact the recipient by some other means (by phone, for example) and ask them to tell their email admin that it appears that their email system is refusing connections from your email server. Give them the error details shown below. It's likely that the recipient's email admin is the only one who can fix this problem.
For Email Admins
No connection could be made because the target computer actively refused it. This usually results from trying to connect to a service that is inactive on the remote host - that is, one with no server application running. For more information and tips to fix this issue see this article:

Balinor

Feb 4, 2022
This whole experience has been frustrating... Shouldn't be this difficult to get a refund on a broken product.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
If SV would have just suspended sales when they realized their server was overfull, they wouldn't have to deal with so many pissed off people asking for refunds.

Stop selling the game until you figure out where to put everyone.

just so many, consistently bad decisions by SV.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

I got a ticket going w/ them tho I'm not gonna push it any further than it is now. Steam basically asked me for the communication I had with SV, and I gave it to them. Ball's in their court now. I just wish they did some research on this atypical situation. An unplayable MMO is refund worthy whether or not you got time day 1 or in haven or in queue. I have less of an argument because I bought my steam acct Jan 5th and played it a bit (not a lot, but maybe 15-20hr before release,) still I am trying to help them understand what is actually going on here and why their policy should not apply to people who want refunds. I def feel better knowing instances are coming. I'm not going to drop out because of that. I just wanna get at least a month's worth of play time SOMEWHERE RESEMBLING MYRLAND. Then I will decide where to go from there.

Pre-instance announcement, the game was causing me actual grief. Why should these people be holding onto my 40 dollars when I can't fcking play the game? My world is ruled by logic and what I believe is fair (and thus I have been an unbearable prick since childhood LOL, anyway...), but the 'das not compute' was so high that it was actually causing me stress out of the game. People say "Just walk away," but it takes some time to detox from that, knowing you bought an alt for release and can't play it (I'm already swallowing my beta acct cuz that's fair enough, even tho I should prol get sub cost refunded on that, too.)

Then you got the people who come in and troll you, people who are prol sleeping in game, like gamz great lololol ull be back when its fixed. It's like hehhhh. Like there is some expectation that we should let people hold our money until they fix the problems instead of taking our money back and, if we think it's worth it later, giving it back.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Can you guide me to make a steam ticket ? Because all i can find is this page leading me to a mortal online address and a refund request that have been refused several time already.

View attachment 3529

Sain my salty brethren, I will show you this: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1170950/discussions/0/4772128648810308190/

Understand that you are going to get rejected, BUT you purchased on 26th so I think you have a solid case. You have to keep going back, keep saying "this issue is not resolved," don't be a dick, but present evidence, explain how things are working. Like I said, I hit up SV first to get a refund and they directed me to steam (they said they are not giving refunds thru their website, so what bbi said is UNTRUE BTW,) but I SV's response is go thru steam, if they deny we can't override. However, if you point out to them that this is becoming like a hot potato game, you might be able to get a refund. I think your chances are high since you bought it post release. If you really want it, though, you have to keep fighting, and it takes them days to respond after your initial basically automated rejection.

Balinor

Feb 4, 2022
Like there is some expectation that we should let people hold our money until they fix the problems instead of taking our money back and, if we think it's worth it later, giving it back.

Your entire post nailed my sentiments exactly. We bought a product that does not work. Logic dictates that people should be refunded, since they were sold a defective game. At some point if they wish to re-buy once they feel the game is fixed, they are free to do so. But until then, both Steam and SV should stand behind their product, and offer refunds to those that request them due to not being able to play the game.

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
People wonder why there's a huge passion of hate behind the game.

People wonder why their severs were compromised and personal information was leaked in mo1.

I wonder why Henrik.

Sain

Jan 29, 2022
Okay, so i am here to show my experience of failed refund through steam.

I warn you the end is facepalm.

1644470097745.png

The facepalm is I don't even OWN battlefield 2042 and I was making a MO2 ticket.

• Wow

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
People paid for a new game to get in and start at an even level. I mean otherwise, what was the point of wiping all our beta progress?

That has been taken from us. I've played 4 hours in mainland Myrland since release due to the queue fiasco.

While I personally won't take a refund, I fully believe that if the clontinents do not come with a full wipe, SV owes everyone who has ever purchased this game during beta or since release a full refund should they request it. You don't take people's money and then lock them out of two weeks of progression in a fresh game.

The fresh start is half the damn value. That's why fresh start servers are so freaking popular in so many MMOs.

Reactions: Sain and Balinor

Balinor

Feb 4, 2022
Just in the nick of time... It was painful, but persistence paid off. At least Steam comes off my shit-list.

I wish you all (except for that one dude with a skull dong as his logo) the best of luck, either in-game or seeking a refund if the patch (or whatever it is) doesn't meet your expectations. I'm outta here!!!

1644509962384.png

Reactions: Sain