Weapon Swapping Scuffed

Backpackface

Jul 18, 2021
I want the devs to play literally any other game, and figure out the difference between how literally any other game handles weapon swapping. and how there game handles it.

The amount of times I tried to swap to a bow and pulled out my fists or sword again is ridiculous. It's so sluggish in a bad way. Your getting ganked by NPC's or Players trying to pull out a weapon as clunkily and slow as possible.

It's unreal. Let's have a bit of quality control eh. This is not good game design. Fluid controls please.

Last edited:

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Swapping weapons is pretty bad, but even simple things like dismounting, taking out your weapon and charging a swing or blocking is so slow and cumbersome it makes you want to throw things.

If someone is on you, you’ll basically get hit 3 times before you have your weapon out and are able to block. Doesn't matter how quick you are pressing buttons. All the animations and pauses in between each one are just ridiculous. Add a bit of ping and micro stutter or lag to the mix and you are down to half hp.

I understand if they want dismounting to be a slower process so you cant just ride up on people and literally be jumping onto them, but pulling out your weapon should be much quicker.

Grudge Bringer

May 28, 2020
you guys whine too much, call of duty weapon swapping is cheesy af and unrealistic. They sped it up in UE5 and it works fine.

Backpackface

Jul 18, 2021
It's not fine. Regardless of speed if you switch weapons it should pull that weapon out. Not equip that weapon and put you in non-combat mode and then you have to pull the weapon out. Unnecessary and frustrating tedium that serves no purpose other than to frustrate.

Reactions: Teknique and Gnidex

Backpackface

Jul 18, 2021
Everything is sluggish. They need action queueing or increase input time windows, or both.
It comes across like their developer FarmerJoe doesn't really know how to implement certain features or systems so they just don't. I noticed the other day that their ingame map doesn't even let you zoom/pan around correctly. A little off topic but it reinforcements my thought of how they probably don't have a map because they don't know how to make one.

Guess my point is that they should really look into hiring somebody that knows what they are doing.

• Sad
Reactions: Teknique

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
It comes across like their developer FarmerJoe doesn't really know how to implement certain features or systems so they just don't. I noticed the other day that their ingame map doesn't even let you zoom/pan around correctly. A little off topic but it reinforcements my thought of how they probably don't have a map because they don't know how to make one.

Guess my point is that they should really look into hiring somebody that knows what they are doing.
It's as low hanging fruit development as can be.

korteks

Feb 16, 2022
or the fact that i can pull my weapon out while on horse, then dismount and oh look, weapon is sheathed again.

stupid.

sad thing is, it's actually less clunky than it used to be.

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
it was faster in mo1 swapping from sword to no sword for magic cast than now just unequip to cast something. so slow.