Visual Cues for Clade Actives

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
There should be something in place that lets you know when people have their Clades active. Currently, the game offers no feedback on what is actually happening on the field as it happens in terms of Clade actives. Something like an aura would be nice so you could tell when for example a Thursar is in their roided out mode or lifesteal mode or when a Human is immune to debuffs. There's an obvious cue when Veelas go into speedmode since they just suddenly get faster but for all the rest the game is not giving you much to go off of.

Reactions: Craksh and Bernfred

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
i'm not sure an aura would really fit the art direction of the game but i agree something to know when people are under the effects would be helpful, not just for gameplay but to prevent accusations of cheating as well. we've already heard too many rounds of 'theres no way he could catch my veela on an oghmir'.

-barcode

Reactions: Craksh

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
i'm not sure an aura would really fit the art direction of the game but i agree something to know when people are under the effects would be helpful, not just for gameplay but to prevent accusations of cheating as well. we've already heard too many rounds of 'theres no way he could catch my veela on an oghmir'.

-barcode
it would fit pretty well and you can make it for example that the speedmode aura ist just around the legs or the lifesteal clade gift makes your arms red and the human gets a green head. this should also apply to (de)buffs from spells.

Craksh

Jun 15, 2020
Isnt the warcrys suppose to have an animation started? That would be a signal for a buff being used, like a roar, slaming the bicep with your hand etc.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Isnt the warcrys suppose to have an animation started? That would be a signal for a buff being used, like a roar, slaming the bicep with your hand etc.
I mean warcries technically do have an animation at least however that animation seems to often get cancelled out in some situations and does not even play for myself, let alone others I am sure. The clade actives have no "tell" at all. I'm not sure that an animation will suffice given that we can't even stop oghmir from breaking the pipe animation yet.

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
Yea I don't think making it obvious when it's active is necessary, rather double down on the cast to make sure it's visible when it gets popped.

You also don't want to promote the idea that as soon as you see someone with an aura on their character, not to bother targeting them or to instantly kite. However, if they notice that you popped something as it was cast, fine they can use that information. But it shouldn't be obvious across the whole effect.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
Yea I don't think making it obvious when it's active is necessary, rather double down on the cast to make sure it's visible when it gets popped.

You also don't want to promote the idea that as soon as you see someone with an aura on their character, not to bother targeting them or to instantly kite. However, if they notice that you popped something as it was cast, fine they can use that information. But it shouldn't be obvious across the whole effect.
its the same bad like having barely visible spell effects (ecu spells) and it adds a new layer of gameplay if you see whats going on to react properly.

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
its the same bad like having barely visible spell effects (ecu spells) and it adds a new layer of gameplay if you see whats going on to react properly.

Yes make the activation/cast visible, but just like you don't see the held spell, you shouldn't necessarily see the active buff - activation should be enough as a visual cue imo.

Diocles

Aug 22, 2021
Western Merika
Should just be audible. Oghmirs have that loud ass grunting dwarf sound, Thursars have a war cry sound, Humans have some human sounding yell and then Alvarins should just be like a loud exhale sound.