Unreal Engine 4.26 (A decent update)

Khanate

Aug 4, 2020
Hello boys n gals.

Not sure how many of you are interested or have any knowledge about UE but never the less Ive decided to make a thread for the upcoming UE update (While waiting for UE5!)

Given that MO runs on UE 4 the 4.26 update brings a lot of cool things which will make SVs lives a heck a lot easier!
The update has a lot of cool things in store, some more interesting than others depending on what you like but one of them is the bio-dome system!

This feature alone allows small studios, much like SV, to easily create open world enviroments with different type of areas with ease!

Check out this video for more info!

(4.46 begins the open world feature showcase)

UE5 will usher a new era of game development, allowing people with little to no game developing knowledge to create amazing games and concepts.
Hopefully some player from the community decide to pick it up!

Kavu

Jun 21, 2020
USA
UE5 will usher a new era of game development, allowing people with little to no game developing knowledge to create amazing games and concepts.
Hopefully some player from the community decide to pick it up!

Most everyone can write, but not everyone can be an author. If you get my meaning.

These tools will help with the process of level design and blocking out worlds for sure though.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I've fiddled around with UE4 at some stage, it's quite a versatile and WYSIWYG engine without a doubt. The only problem is I lack the time to actually make something I would be happy with. So I settled with playing games that other people have made with UE4+.

Last edited:

Khanate

Aug 4, 2020
Most everyone can write, but not everyone can be an author. If you get my meaning.

These tools will help with the process of level design and blocking out worlds for sure though.

Haha, yeah that is very much true!:LOL:

Khanate

Aug 4, 2020
I've fiddled around with UE4 at some stage, it's quite a versatile and WYSIWYG engine without a doubt. The only problem is I lack the time to actually make something I would be happy with. So I settled with playing games that other people have made with UE4+.

Cool! Ive had the same approach years back with the Unreal Development kit. Eventually I decided to give UE4 a shot and Ive been hooked to it ever since!

Khanate

Aug 4, 2020
UDK gang rise up.
I've been a Unity man for awhile now, but I keep telling myself I should do a small project in UE4.

Same here, I used to be a Unity man myself since.. well forever due to it offering amazing engine features for free while UE was more or less pay to use.
However, now that UE is free it is probably the most amazing engine I've ever had the opportunity to use.
The features, performance and prototyping options it offers are amazing, blowing Unity out of the water.

I believe that Unity will have a very, very hard time competing with UE especially since Epic Games has the backing of Tencent.